What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly Clarkson announced as NRL Grand Final pre match entertainment

Flapper

First Grade
What's the point of getting a high profile performer for GF entertainment and only have them sing 1 song, which is some crap new one that no-one has heard of?

I don't know about everyone else but the only KC song I know is Since you've been gone.

It's her latest single, which anyone who has passed a radio playing nova in the last month would know it.

It might be a shock to you AFL types, but the one day you get a performer that's actually popular in the present day they might perform their latest single too

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Good thing you weren't there then.

Both acts and the entertainment in general had the crowd buzzing. Just because you don't see it on the TV doesn't mean it's there.

Some people will bash the NRL for anything.

Timmah I was really impressed with the entertainment being at the game.

Clarkson has a good voice, not a fan of her music, but most the crowd applauded her, as well as Eskimo Joe, fans got up and danced a bit.

The retiring players was a special one, Im glad the NRL does stuff like that.

And I dont know if Ch 9 showed it but they usually show a piece on players who cracked the 300 mark, and Hindmarsh was the most notable one.

They did a tribute to Hindy at the ground and showed highlights of his career. Great tribute and whats even better was a lot of the supporters cheered him.

user_nat

Coach
And I dont know if Ch 9 showed it but they usually show a piece on players who cracked the 300 mark, and Hindmarsh was the most notable one.

They did a tribute to Hindy at the ground and showed highlights of his career. Great tribute and whats even better was a lot of the supporters cheered him.

Must have been during one of the many ad breaks. Don't recall seeing that tribute on TV.

I thought getting him to carry the trophy from the helicopter was a little odd though. Nothing wrong with it, just not sure why they picked him.

cleary89

Coach
Didn't he get an award at the dally m's for community service or some crap? Thats probably why.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Must have been during one of the many ad breaks. Don't recall seeing that tribute on TV.

I thought getting him to carry the trophy from the helicopter was a little odd though. Nothing wrong with it, just not sure why they picked him.
The schedule said it was Sam Thaiday who was supposed to do it as the Ken Stephen Medal winner, not sure why he didn't. Hindy stepped in instead.