What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly Clarkson announced as NRL Grand Final pre match entertainment

bileduct

Coach
Couldn't be f**ked reading through this thread to see if this was asked before, but hasn't she done this gig before? Was it her with Meatloaf?

Billy Idol should have been first in line for a return appearance after that f**k up.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Who gives a fugg. I don't even know why we have it TBH.

Its a good chance to get more beer or snap one off so you can watch the game in comfort.

Last year I was so nervous at that point that I didn't even laugh at the joke that was You Am I singing other peoples songs or Jessica Mauboy lip syncing with her posse of wannabe's and Snoop Dogg on the scoreboard.

legend

Coach
Iron Maiden playing the Grand Final would be the greatest thing to happen in the history of everything, ever. Run to the Hills intro, Powerslave in the middle, and The Trooper to wrap it up. Would get me pumped as sh!t.

Being a storm fan I thought "Wasted Years", "Evil that men do" and "Can I play with madness" would be more appropriate. ;-)

Caged Panther

First Grade
Couldn't be f**ked reading through this thread to see if this was asked before, but hasn't she done this gig before? Was it her with Meatloaf?

Billy Idol should have been first in line for a return appearance after that f**k up.

Yes in 2003. Though they didn't perform together and meatloaf sounded like he was drunk.

Mader45

Juniors
I understand people bagging out the entertainment because they ignore it, but let’s not forget that they sell the Grand Final tickets months earlier then the game because the entire day is supposed to be a spectacle.

And now that the 4 teams left have minimal support in the city where the game will be played the entertainment factor of pumping the crowd up for a game they otherwise might not give two f*@ks about anymore is pretty damn important.

And Kelly Clarkson has no chance of doing this.

The music in racing movies is generally perfect for these situations. Even bloody Talladega Nights has a great soundtrack for events like this with Click Click Boom, Cochise, TNT, Kickstart My Heart, Space Lord etc.

If the Warriors made it they should have just get P-Money to D.J those songs re-mixed and add in a few of his tracks like Stop The Musik with Scribe.

Eels Dude

Coach
Has to be better than some of the tripe they've rolled out over the past 5 or so years.

Yeah who'd they get last year? Wasn't it some dance troupe of Australia's Got Talent or something?

Kelly Clarkson probably isn't the best choice, but if they were going to go for an international chick singer then she's probably one of the best choices. At least she's listenable which is more than I can say for most female pop divas these days.

Bazzi

First Grade
Should have got Chris Brown, and used Robert Lui as his side-act.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
I understand people bagging out the entertainment because they ignore it, but let’s not forget that they sell the Grand Final tickets months earlier then the game because the entire day is supposed to be a spectacle.

And now that the 4 teams left have minimal support in the city where the game will be played the entertainment factor of pumping the crowd up for a game they otherwise might not give two f*@ks about anymore is pretty damn important.

lol. There will be 80,000 people there making a lot of noise whether it's AC/DC or the Wiggles pumping up the crowd beforehand

Hooch

Juniors
They should get rid of the live entertainment and make everyone listen to Gallops best ever mix tape.

Eels Dude

Coach
Smacks of cheapness, but then this is the NRL!

Cheapness is getting a major international act???

You'd sink the boot into anything the NRL organised.

I'm not really a fan of Kelly Clarkson but to say the NRL is cheap getting her when they could have used someone like Jessica Mauboy again just makes you full of it.

Yeah who'd they get last year? Wasn't it some dance troupe of Australia's Got Talent or something?

Kelly Clarkson probably isn't the best choice, but if they were going to go for an international chick singer then she's probably one of the best choices. At least she's listenable which is more than I can say for most female pop divas these days.

Dance troupe
Jessica Mauboy (lip syncing)
You Am I or some other shithouse Australian band doing Rolling Stones covers.

Very poor standard, but better than the guy from Noiseworks (whose name I can't remember) singing while people bash BBQs around the stage, which happened in 2008 (or 2009?) That's the lowest we've gone with the entertainment.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cheapness is getting a major international act???

You'd sink the boot into anything the NRL organised.

I'm not really a fan of Kelly Clarkson but to say the NRL is cheap getting her when they could have used someone like Jessica Mauboy again just makes you full of it.

Fair enough, not sure I would class her major but she has had success for a manufactured pop idol. Not my music taste so I had to google to find out what she had done. Agree she is a step up from some of the dross over the years but then it wouldn't take much.