What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly Clarkson announced as NRL Grand Final pre match entertainment

Mr Saab

Referee
That guy on X factor would have been better...the wone with the red in his hair who sung "intorvert extrovert doesnt matter"
Seriously

Kelly Clarkson to headline GF entertainment

The NRL has scored a major coup with international singing sensation Kelly Clarkson today announced as the headline entertainment act for the Telstra Premiership Grand Final at ANZ Stadium on Sunday, October 2.

America’s first ‘Idol’, now a recording superstar who has sold over 23 million albums and 36 million singles, Kelly Clarkson will perform her new single, “Mr Know It All” as the main act of the pre-game show.

“I’m so excited to be returning to Australia to perform my new single 'Mr Know It All' at the NRL Grand Final next weekend,” Kelly said.

“Australia was the very first country I visited after my win back in 2003, and I performed at the Grand Final that year, so it will be interesting to see if I can remember the rules of the game.”

A then 21 year old Clarkson was accompanied by her mother for the 2003 event but returns as one of the biggest names in show business having scored two Grammy Awards, three MTV Video Music Awards and a Women's World Award in addition to her recording sales.

“Kelly is an exciting contemporary artist who brings a real international flavour to the Telstra Premiership Grand Final countdown,” NRL Director, Marketing and Commercial, Paul Kind, said today.

“There are still a few things to reveal about the final rundown for the biggest day of the Rugby League season which will also include a number of Australian performers and we will do that in the week ahead - but the announcement of Kelly should certainly have people excited about what’s in store.

“Already we’ve revealed that there will be an emotional orchestra tribute to what is a pretty amazing list of retiring champions and I have no doubt that it will be an emotional build up for everyone at the ground.

“From the moment the gates open to the Telstra Premiership Grand Final itself there will be great matches, activities and entertainment for fans.”

http://nrl.com/kelly-clarkson-to-headline-gf-entertainment/tabid/10874/newsid/64922/default.aspx

WTF ? hahaha I hope this wasn't another one of David Gallops plans to have a swipe at the AFL using song.

Caged Panther

First Grade
You'll never please everyone with who you get to sing at an event like this because everyone has different taste in music. At least they got someone who is both popular and reasonably current rather than oh lets say Meatloaf.

Actually both of these people performed at the 2003 GF and I've gotta say I preferred Clarkson, mainly because she didn't sounds like a drunk and dribbling mess on stage.

nqcowboy87

Bench
I was there in 05 and I could have sworn it was Natallie Bassthingwaite and rogue traders. I may be confusing it with 04 but i seem to recall that was grinspoon.

i got it on tape i think the rogue traders may have played as well but the veronicas played that sh##y 4ever song and pete murray played class a

hutch

First Grade
Good decision by the NRL! Very female friendly and popular with young and old people. Geez rugby league fans love a good whinge!

adamkungl

Immortal
tbh...who gives a f**k? last year I was lining up for beer when the 'entertainment' was on. I'd rather watch under 6s play mini footy than 99% of bands that are likely to get dragged out for this anyway

Latest posts