What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly Clarkson announced as NRL Grand Final pre match entertainment

snoozer

Bench
at the end of each game, on grand final day, they should have 15 mins to give the winners the cup, mom and do a lap of honour then the next game should start.the punters can utilize this time for drinks and urination.

f**k music and dancing and the general wankery that goes on(phil gould and his pre origin pole-smoking comes to mind).

get on with the footy.

big_matt

Juniors
thats because the grand final is supposed to be for RUGBY LEAGUE FANS. not the females and pensioners of Australia.

also it's not like its either or. the nrl could have got several artists to suit everyone. but instead they waste their money on some plastic yank

Can NRL fans not be female?

afinalsin666

First Grade
Being a storm fan I thought "Wasted Years", "Evil that men do" and "Can I play with madness" would be more appropriate. ;-)

:lol::lol::lol:

And if Manly are opposite us they could play "Gangland".

OT, Much as i hate myself for it i know most of Kelly Clarksons main songs. This'll be another pregame show i'll just ignore.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I recently heard that a Bon Scott tribute band that features Angry Anderson, Dave Gleeson and Mark Gable (Choirboys) was doing concerts around Australia. When I first heard that I thought, hmmm I wonder if the NRL would use them for GF entertainment. Much better than the stuff theyve had in the last few years.

Mind you I thought Wolfmother were pretty good in 2009.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
thats because the grand final is supposed to be for RUGBY LEAGUE FANS. not the females and pensioners of Australia.

also it's not like its either or. the nrl could have got several artists to suit everyone. but instead they waste their money on some plastic yank
Thank you Ted Bullpit.

eozsmiles

Bench
Hopefully most NRL fans are kids. And apparently kids lap this sh!t up. So good luck to them and I hope the 8 years olds and the gen Y GF's enjoy the show.

eozsmiles

Bench
I'll either be turning a steak or raiding an esky when this crap is on. Hopefully not playing with a TV antenna or posting my opinion on Facebook :)

Loudstrat

Coach
:lol::lol::lol:

And if Manly are opposite us they could play "Gangland".
Number of the Beast if the Warriors are in?

Strange World if the Broncos are in?

Manly - "Where Eagles Dare"?

And for Melbourne - "No More Lies"

If Noddy was still playing - "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner"?

Todd Carney - Prisoner

Lets face it. Manly, Melbourne, Brisbane, New Zealand. With those 4 sh*t options on GF day we'd be better off listening to Maiden instead!

Dragon2010

First Grade
Should not play at all. Just get Gallop to do stand-up comedy act. We know he killed it down in Melbourne.

supercharger

Juniors
Would'nt matter who they got really as you would always have some people pissed that they're favourite band is'nt playing or that it's not the kind of music they like
it is so subjective,
I think it's better to have a halftime show instead of pre game and get someone to sponsor it like the CFL has with Pepsi max grey cup halftime show

Last edited:

LazyDreamer

Bench
Number of the Beast if the Warriors are in?

Strange World if the Broncos are in?

Manly - "Where Eagles Dare"?

And for Melbourne - "No More Lies"

If Noddy was still playing - "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner"?

Todd Carney - Prisoner

Lets face it. Manly, Melbourne, Brisbane, New Zealand. With those 4 sh*t options on GF day we'd be better off listening to Maiden instead!

Only if Vatuvei scores a hat-trick, all converted!

And for Carney, you could also use 'Wasted Years' or 'Deja Vu'...

Now ya talking! Kim Jong Il in a Souffs jersey singing "I'm so ronery"

slide1.jpg

You think everyone in the stands is from your generation? You lot got Daddy to get the tickets - and Daddy would definitely prefer Maiden!

I heard Gallop was into more sissy music. Def Leppard, Ratt etc. hence Bon Jovi "this is our house" rather than "Die With Your Boots On" for the NRL theme.

:lol:

Def Leppard are f*ckin awesome. They would of been more suitable than Maiden.

LazyDreamer

Bench
Is there one rugby league fan that likes Kelly Clarkeson? I highly doubt it

I think that's the point. League fans watching the GF would watch it even if the entertainment was a greased Barry O'Farrell pole-dancing. But the NRL are hoping Clarkson-tolerating non-fans will tune in and, getting caught up in the moment, become league fans.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think that's the point. League fans watching the GF would watch it even if the entertainment was a greased Barry O'Farrell pole-dancing. But the NRL are hoping Clarkson-tolerating non-fans will tune in and, getting caught up in the moment, become league fans.

I think this is the point a lot of people miss. Can't stand Clarkson myself and think it's a poor choice but they're not trying to appeal to me, they're trying the above, which is a cunning marketing technique. They know no genuine league fan will desert the NRL or not watch the GF because of the entertainment but there is the potential to capture fans by having someone different. Clarkson fans may well tune in to see their favourite performer and end up watching the NRL - just takes one for the NRL to have done their job.

Latest posts