What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly Clarkson announced as NRL Grand Final pre match entertainment

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Was it Jason Martin from the Bears who had that stellar music career?

Then again he might be beyond the entertainment budget.

Better get Killing Heidi back together.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Gven the NRL's continued failure to have Maiden or Motorhead at the GF, and the great RJD's death means no decent Sabbath line up will happen (Ozzy would never get through customs), I guess it would have to be Cooper.

Iron Maiden playing the Grand Final would be the greatest thing to happen in the history of everything, ever. Run to the Hills intro, Powerslave in the middle, and The Trooper to wrap it up. Would get me pumped as sh!t.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Confirmed. Kelly Clarkson to sing at the NRL 2011 GrandFinal. We play a physical sport and get someone like this to sing? We must look like f*cking pansies.

Oh we play physical sport but enjoy the Clarkson.

Loudstrat

Coach
Its ok if she does Run To The Hils, Powerslave and The Trooper.

Or if it's Brisbane v Melbourne - The Evil That Men Do.

Really - Clarkson. What a fop to pansy fans like Broncos2010 and Boggy Digital.

Chisel are reforming. Alice Cooper and Motley Crue are touring. Maiden are but a phone call and 11 tonnes of Avgas away.

And we get Kelly Clarkson..............

butchmcdick

Post Whore

Chisel are reforming. Alice Cooper and Motley Crue are touring. Maiden are but a phone call and 11 tonnes of Avgas away.

I am all for the evil that men do but can she stretch it to include the song about alexander the great, it is educational as well as a kickarse song

I can kind of understand why the NRL can't get monster bands at the final, with finance and all. But the NRL could have gotten Audioslave or something. I'm sure it wouldn't have been that expensive and who gives a shit how known they are.

Cochise or Set it Off would be a crazy f**king way to set off the final

There's tons of great f**king bands and artists who aren't established but would fit better.

at the end of the day Kelly Clarkson isn't gonna put any bums on seats. Nobody is gonna turn up to the NRL grand final to listen to a handful of token songs. so what the f**k does it matter who she is?

just get a band that fits with the nrl product and will get the crowd in the mood. any number of f**king bands(there's hundreds of them) would be cheaper than Clarkson and be much better

the nrl shills can pretend i'm out of touch but any band any of us name on here would go down better than Kelly Clarkson.

Shit, POD are nobodies these days, bring them over and have them play that boom track - Shit, but catchy and better than Clarkson

LOL shut up LoudTWAT...

LOL @ thinking this generation wants to hear some washed up 80's band. You gonna roll Maiden out in their wheelchairs?

Those bands would of been good pre match entertainment for the GF when your club last won a premiership, but it's not suitable in 2011.

I don't like Miss Clarkson, but I know my old buddy Godz Illa does, so he'll be happy.

I would of liked to of seen Nicole Scherzinger's fine ass...

carcharias

Immortal
Gallop probably asked his daughter who is cool.

FTR she can sing...no doubt about it.
but....if your gonna get some chick to sing, why not Vanessa Amarossi?
not my music at all..but she can sing her tits off.
She has a new song that is aparently doing alright on commercial radio.

Why do they think they need some seppo with no idea about the game to sing?

gutted the Rhomb aren't perfroming...thought they were specials. :)

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It could be worse. It could be Jeremy Clarkson. Or Kelly Osbourne.

f**k it anyway. Anyone who watches the game for the pre game or half time entertainment is a gimp.