What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kidderminster Harriers supporters!

nostalgia

Juniors
Dragons Cross said:
chileman said:
I don't just support teams that are successful amigo, following and supporting a team is just that....through thick or thin!

Tell me about it, I'm a Spurs supporter!

What I really meant to say is how did you become a Kidderminster supporter?

OK, Dragons Cross, you've started the debate. So how did YOU become a Tottenham fan? While its perfectly understandable why anyone should support Worcestershire's premier football club, I really can't understand why anyone should support London's 6th best club ;-)

Dragons Cross

Juniors
nostalgia said:
Dragons Cross said:
chileman said:
I don't just support teams that are successful amigo, following and supporting a team is just that....through thick or thin!

Tell me about it, I'm a Spurs supporter!

What I really meant to say is how did you become a Kidderminster supporter?

OK, Dragons Cross, you've started the debate. So how did YOU become a Tottenham fan? While its perfectly understandable why anyone should support Worcestershire's premier football club, I really can't understand why anyone should support London's 6th best club ;-)

I started watching the English league around 90/91 and Spurs, with Gazza and Linekar etc, were awesome. They finished 3rd in 90 then won the FA cup in 91, they were great to watch and that followed through to the mid 90s with Teddy, Klinsman and Ginola. I moved to London at the start of last year and I'm now a member and go to the Lane (the atmosphere is great) every 2nd Sat for 2 hours of pain. Unfortunaley the last 6 or so years have been rather lean but as Chileman said you stick with your team through thick and thin.

Back to the Harriers, it's not as though they are on TV in OZ every weekend or ever (if you live in England or are from England then disregard this) so I just don't know how you would begin to support them?

chileman

Coach
Amigo I use to play for the Heathcote Harriers (now Heathcote Waratahs) and when I asked my pommie coach where he got the name from he said it was because he supported this little club in England.....I took an interest in them from there and now support them along with Crystal Palace.....oh and our mate nostalgia certainly does live in England and is Kidderminsters number 1 fan .....in saying that he must be drowning his sorrows right now with some Aggborough soup after our 4 nil loss to Boston #-o

nostalgia

Juniors
Harriers are playing at Port Vale on Friday night in the FA Cup. No chance of Cup glory this year, I fear :cry:

I see that Santini didn't hang around at Tottenham for long ... ;-)

chileman

Coach
Imagine....relegated from 34rd Div to the conferences but we manage to win the FA Cup :lol: that'd do me :mrgreen:

nostalgia

Juniors
chileman said:
Imagine....relegated from 34rd Div to the conferences but we manage to win the FA Cup :lol: that'd do me :mrgreen:

... and another squadron of porkers goes flying across the skies ... ;-)

nostalgia

Juniors
Sadly, the crystal ball was a bit foggy as Harriers lost 3-1 at Port Vale #-o

The club may be going down the pan, but they'll never get the recipe for the Aggborough Soup from us 8)

nostalgia

Juniors
Went to Grimsby on Saturday. We lost 2-1. We should have lost by more. The only good thing was the fish&chips :cry:

It's frustrating supporting the Seagulls at the moment as well. Win away lose at home.

Financially in 9mil pound debt. Doubt's over us getting Falmer. Worst of all having Palace in the Premiership. ;-)

nostalgia

Juniors
Time to give Chileman his Monday morning update. Well, Harriers were stuffed at home 2-0 by Northampton Town. This is getting slightly tedious. Perhaps the revival will start in December .... :roll:

nostalgia

Juniors
It gets worse: our 2 best players are on loan (from Portsmouth and West Brom) but they've been recalled by their clubs. We've now used up all our loans for the whole season. No sign of a goal before Christmas :(

However, the soup is particularly good of late ;-)

Raider Ultra

Bench
Going to the Palace match on SUnday, cant wait. If all goes to plan I might be in Block B hurling 20p pieces at the pikeys!

chileman

Coach
Have fun Raiders Ultra....are you any good at playing soccer, you might be able to fill in at the Harriers for us while you are there :oops:

woodgers

Bench
Have fun Raiders Ultra....are you any good at playing soccer, you might be able to fill in at the Harriers for us while you are there

I'm unsure if he is any good. I do know that he is a ref and linesmen for the A.C.T premier league. Appartently the Ultra sent someone off for swearing in the first 5 minutes of a match under the new zero tolerance laws, I'm pretty sure it is a record for that type of offence. What do you expect from a Palace fan, totally unreasonable
:D

Latest posts