What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kidderminster Harriers supporters!

nostalgia

Juniors
That defeat at Macc is a mere blip as we head towards safety. Our next game will be the first of an unbeaten run that will take us to the end of the season and a play-off place, followed by a trip to the Millennium Stadium. League 1 next season?

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
That defeat at Macc is a mere blip as we head towards safety. Our next game will be the first of an unbeaten run that will take us to the end of the season and a play-off place, followed by a trip to the Millennium Stadium. League 1 next season?
That's more like the nostalgia of old :D only 10 pints of soup for you this week instead of the usual 12 :lol: Oxford, here we come :twisted:

nostalgia

Juniors
Yep, all is well at Aggborough ;-) I can't believe the other 23 clubs have been suckered by our cunning plan :lol:

nostalgia

Juniors
I don't see this as a challenge; its more an opportunity for us to make history as being the club furthest up sh1t creek and yet avoid the drop 8) .

Next game is at bottom-placed Cambridge on Saturday. Somehow, mrs nostalgia and I aren't expecting to see a classic match :?

nostalgia

Juniors
Hi, Raiders Ultra. No, I haven't lived in Kiddy since I was 18 (and I'm now 44 :cry: ). I then spent 3 years at Lancaster (university), 10 years in the Army (moved about quite a bit), 6 years in Essex and the last 7 years in Norfolk. So following Harriers has been a challenge #-o . In fact, the Cambridge match next week is my shortest trip to see Harriers.

nostalgia

Juniors
OK, the Harriers revival starts today at Cambridge ;-) . Harriers to win 4-0 and start an unbeaten 17 match run, culminating in promotion via the play-offs.

A tenner at 500-1 makes a very happy nostalgia :lol:

chileman

Coach
:mrgreen: Well it wasn't 4-0 nostalgia but I'll take 3-1 any day of the week :lol: , and even better R&D lost :clap:

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
Yet another mere blip #-o . Maybe we won't reach the play-offs this season ...
Time to send the Manly cheerleaders over to boost the teams performance ;-) on the field of course :lol:

nostalgia

Juniors
Believe me, Kidderminster has never seen the likes of those Manly cheerleaders. The very thought makes an old man very happy ...

No, its time to develop a new, more potent, recipe for the Aggborough Soup methinks. The boffins are working on it!

chileman

Coach
Well nostalgia, you'll be pleased to know as we gear up for the 2005 season for Parklands Eagles that we are expanding and it looks like we'll have our 2nd team (lower Div) in the competition this year....gave the fellas a bunch of bird names to call our 2nd team (Parklands EAGLES...wanted to keep the same animal ;-) ) and of course I had the Parklands Harriers as one choice......we took a vote and the Harriers was equal favourite with the 'Ravens' ...so I might use a bit of manager/coach muscle and make sure it is the PARKLANDS HARRIERS :mrgreen:

nostalgia

Juniors
Chileman, you've done brilliantly to get the Parkland Eagles up and running. To get a second side going is some achievement, well done :clap:

The name "Parkland Harriers" has a bit of a ring to it, don't you think? And I reckon if you look hard at your club's constitution it'll say somewhere that the manager/coach has the casting vote ;-)

chileman

Coach
Mr nostalgia :mrgreen: you'll be pleased to know I went to the QBSA general meeting last night that went on for about 3 hours :? but the most important part of the night was when the new teams entering the comp were announced and Parklands Eagles stood up to let the world know we are having a 2nd team this year which we registered on the night....PARKLANDS HARRIERS! :clap:

nostalgia

Juniors
Chileman, thats an excellent piece of news :clap: You've already done brilliantly in getting the Eagles up and running; getting a second side, the Harriers, established is some achievement. Who would know that you are a fan of Palace and Kiddy :roll:

Its no bad thing to have a slightly unusual name. When I was a boy I joined the Wolf Cubs, the junior section of the Boy Scouts. The group I joined was the "3rd Kidderminster Troop (Gagarin)". The bit in brackets was in honour of the first man in space. I was only 8 years old, but I liked the fact that we were different in that we had a funny name and that it had something to do with a glamourous personality. I stayed involved in the scouting movement and had a fantastic time in it until I went to university. I think the unusual name helped at the start. Anyway, enough of the reminiscing :oops:

I hope the Parklands Harriers start their own traditions. But, in the meantime, why not celebrate your first match with your own version of the world famous Aggborough Soup? If you want a recipe then I could provide you with one (on the understanding that you swear to secrecy ;-) ).

Good luck :)

chileman

Coach
:lol: Secret recipe sounds great amigo although I think I might refrain from letting the lads sample the soup until after the game :oops: want them to know which goals they need to put the ball in the back of the net :alcho:

chileman

Coach
Oh and amigo....shock horror, the Association has actually gone out and payed someone (although don't get excited...probably payed him in bananas :lol: ) to set up a website....soon as we start and I have the addy I'll post it here so you can keep track of the two teams this coming season....and how any yellows and reds I receive this year :oops: :lol:

Latest posts