What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kidderminster Harriers supporters!

nostalgia

Juniors
Chileman, you are so 100% correct.

Sadly, it'll be some weeks before I get to see Harriers in the flesh. However, I feel like giving the players the "hair-dryer" treatment when I get the next opportunity. What a bunch of mercenaries ....

In my day you sweated buckets for your team (and I bet its the same with the Parklands sides?). Its a bit like the Ashes mentality (oops, sorry, wrong audience ....).

chileman

Coach
:( Another loss and sad display....take that hairdryer with you amigo and give them a spray at the same time....might electricute them into action!

nostalgia

Juniors
I watched a highly entertaining game tonight as a neutral spectator. The "Trawler Boys" of Lowestoft Town beat the "Yachtsmen" of Wroxham Town by 2-1 in the Ridgeons Eastern Counties Premier Division. A good match with 3 well-taken goals and 250 happy spectators (at just £4 per head).

Anyway, it took my mind off Harriers for the evening!

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
I watched a highly entertaining game tonight as a neutral spectator. The "Trawler Boys" of Lowestoft Town beat the "Yachtsmen" of Wroxham Town by 2-1 in the Ridgeons Eastern Counties Premier Division. A good match with 3 well-taken goals and 250 happy spectators (at just £4 per head).

Anyway, it took my mind off Harriers for the evening!
:D That's about how many spectators turn up for a Parklands game.....if I started charging 4 quid per person I might actually make it to Aggborough by years end :p :lol:

nostalgia

Juniors
Chileman, I was rather hoping that you migt have a few million Aussie $ to spare and that you might buy a new midfield for the Harriers :lol:

Tigertread

Juniors
chileman said:
Great win for the Harriers, lets hope that gets the ball rolling towards promotion! Not sure what happened with Tready nostalgia, seems to have taken a disliking to me for some reason....not sure why but I still consider him a good bloke and he does great things for Rugby League up north!
Since when have I taken a disliking to you? LOL
Come on chile mate.
Go Halifax

chileman

Coach
Tigertread said:
Since when have I taken a disliking to you? LOL
Come on chile mate.
Go Halifax
Good to hear, as the saying goes....you don't believe everything that people tell you on the net :p meanwhile, Kiddy go on their merry way losing again :?

nostalgia

Juniors
G'day Chile ;-) . And G'day to you, too, Tigertread ;-) . Its good to hear from the Shaymen's Numero Uno fan in Oz :cool: .

Well, the wheels have really come off the Harriers' bus. Lack of effort and commitment from the Board, the players and the fans ... . On the plus side. the Soup retains its authentic quality, aroma and fine blend of flora and fauna.

I apologise for my recent absence, but I've been up in Edinburgh for a week with Mrs nostalgia. By the way, a tip for you Aussies: give London a miss when you come to the UK : Edinburgh is 100 times more interesting and better value than London.

A further apology, but I'll be absent for the rest of this week (another trip to Scotland, but this time its work and not play). Be good and play nicely !

chileman

Coach
I loved Edinburgh, was priviledged to see the Military tatoo and had a great couple of days at the spring festival! Enjoy the trip nostalgia and look forward to your return.....if Kiddy keeping losing and finish in the bottom 3 what is after the conferences :?

nostalgia

Juniors
The Conference is the lowest national league. If we are relegated we will go into one of the 2 feeder leagues (either the Conference North or the Conference South).

The likelihood would be that we would go into the Conference North: this is where Worcester City (our most ancient of rivals :x ) plays. However, Worcester City are almost bottom at the moment and look a good bet to go even further down the pyramid :D .

nostalgia

Juniors
It depends on your perspective, Raiders Ultra. I started watching Harriers when we played in the West Midlands Premier League and in the Border Counties Floodlit League. The height of our ambition was to win the Worcestershire Senior Cup.

So, winning the Conference a couple of times, winning the FA Trophy, reaching the final of the Welsh Cup, beating Birmingham City in the FA Cup, having 5 years in the Football league and perfecting the Recipe for Aggborough Soup are all pretty wonderful achievements for what is one very small town surrounded by large established clubs (Wolves, West Brom, Birmingham City, Aston Villa and Walsall are all within 20 miles of Kiddy). If we keep smiling and work hard then our day might just come again. Now as for our bigger neighbours at Worcester City, thats what I DO call a fall from grace :lol: .

nostalgia

Juniors
Oh, bollocks! We've been beaten by Southport inthe qualifying rounds of the FA Cup. That means no Cup glory for Harriers this year.

I'll be interested to see which words survive this website's swear-checker ;-)

Actually: iv'e edited this myself after having seen how little the checker does filter!

chileman

Coach
:lol: With all this editing you are doing on your own posts nostalgia we'll have to make you a moderator in here :p

nostalgia

Juniors
Hi, Chileman :) .

Unfortunately, I got rather piffed (;-) ) after we were knocked out of the FA Cup and used some rather strong language on here. I do regret this and apologise to anyone with a sensitive disposition who may have come on here and seen what I had originally posted. It was a bit ripe and I regret my original text. SORRY :( .

Anyway, I'd better sign off now as I'm starting to get rather piffed again and I don't want to make the same mistake twice within 24 hours!

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
Bum Bum Bum Bum Bum and Bottom :shock:
:lol: That's norti....now nostalgia I want you to get a good size glass or bowl and fill it with Aggborough soup.....get a replay of the final day of the final Ashes test and start feeling good ;-)

nostalgia

Juniors
I feel suitably chastised, now, and will beat myself with a damp willow while chanting "I Love Worcester City FC".

Oh but it hurts when it suddenly dawns on you that the team you have been supporting loyally for 36 years is actually rather rubbish. The good thing is that the Soup has rather improved over that same 36 years!

nostalgia

Juniors
chileman said:
:lol: That's norti....now nostalgia I want you to get a good size glass or bowl and fill it with Aggborough soup.....get a replay of the final day of the final Ashes test and start feeling good ;-)

Ooh, but this therapy seems to be working.

Tell me again, what was the outcome of the recent Ahes series? :cool:

Don't you think that after 200 years+ its about time we Poms gave it Large and came up with some ATTITUDE ( as seems to be the fashion elsewehere, these days) ?

OK, Harriers for the 2007 FA Cup ;-)