What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingston - Imppressive

The P Eel

Juniors
i like kingston, keep him on the bench interchanging with keating

happy wiht lats as well, Mannah really stood up in the absences of cayless

Yeah Kingston made a real difference, i was really disappointed with Keating. Agreed too with Lats off the bench. Nice one.

EELICIT

Juniors
:lol: You're just precious...can I keep you?

BAZAL cmon mate, you were bagging out hayne through the whole game. I was on the same thread. So dont play the im special card cause you shold be a doggies supporter or at best a manly supporter

Bazal

Post Whore
BAZAL cmon mate, you were bagging out hayne through the whole game. I was on the same thread. So dont play the im special card cause you shold be a doggies supporter or at best a manly supporter

:lol: Was I now? Got a link to this blatant and continuous bagging, or are you talking out your arse?

Actually, judging from your opinion that Kinga is a better player than Keating based on one game, I'd say I've just answered my own question....

CrazyEel

Bench
\

He offers more. From what I've seen of Kinga that was pretty much his best game all year...let's compare them when Kinga has been playing without the adrenaline that comes from a debut. But for Wenty, Kinga has been very inconsistent...
Maybe Baz, but you have to admit even if it was his best game it was still better than any MK has put in this year.

MK just totally frustrates me by continually taking the wrong options, double pumping, slow passing as well as throwing panic passes to no one every time we get within 10 metres of the line at least once every week.

We were much more fluent out of dh with Kinga there IMO.

Bazal

Post Whore
only one game - but if it is anything to go by ... :-s

Kingston was good...but like I said, compare them after a little while when the adrenaline of the debut wears off. Kingston hasn't been doing that for Wenty, IMO from what I've seen and been told that was his best game all year. So I'm not willing to jump up and down and rate him as the second coming of Christ like a few on here seem to be based on one game, in ideal conditions for a hooker, when his adrenaline was pumping for his debut.

Remember, this is a guy who couldn't crack it at the Sharks with a much better pack...they picked a halfback in Green over him at times.

Parraren

Bench
Matt Keating makes some dumb calls in attack. His brain is quicker then his ability. Like when he ran the ball on the 5th and got caught in possession.

Kingston was epic tonight.

Have to say I agree 100%.

I like Matt, but seriously he gets more wraps than he deserves on this board.

Kingston was a breath of fresh air tonight.

Bazal

Post Whore
Maybe Baz, but you have to admit even if it was his best game it was still better than any MK has put in this year.

MK just totally frustrates me by continually taking the wrong options, double pumping, slow passing as well as throwing panic passes to no one every time we get within 10 metres of the line at least once every week.

We were much more fluent out of dh with Kinga there IMO.

I don't agree mate...I think MK played a much better game than that vs North Queensland at the very least, and I thought MK was as good as Kinga tonight.

And funnily enough, I can remember the same criticisms being levelled at a guy called PJ Marsh...;-)

strider

Post Whore
Kingston was good...but like I said, compare them after a little while when the adrenaline of the debut wears off. Kingston hasn't been doing that for Wenty, IMO from what I've seen and been told that was his best game all year. So I'm not willing to jump up and down and rate him as the second coming of Christ like a few on here seem to be based on one game, in ideal conditions for a hooker, when his adrenaline was pumping for his debut.

Remember, this is a guy who couldn't crack it at the Sharks with a much better pack...they picked a halfback in Green over him at times.

so - he stepped up when given the chance - he's been injured ... i don't know about adrenaline either - he's been around, not like its his first nrl game or anything

i like matt keating - he's a hard worker and he's had some good games - but fmd he can be slow as sh*t passing from dummy half, doesn't back himself to run enough and he misses his mark with his passes too often

strider

Post Whore
I don't agree mate...I think MK played a much better game than that vs North Queensland at the very least, and I thought MK was as good as Kinga tonight.

And funnily enough, I can remember the same criticisms being levelled at a guy called PJ Marsh...;-)

no way in hell !!!!!!! ..... we were FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better when Kinston was out there at dummy half tonight

Phillips

Referee

Kingston kept De Gois out of the starting side for ages.. untill he got injured..

butch82

Juniors
kingstons service out of dummy half tonight was excellent..i even noticed how he was directing players to run at the off side makers n we recieved a few penalties.
i was pretty impressed with his vision of play..

Bazal

Post Whore
so - he stepped up when given the chance - he's been injured ... i don't know about adrenaline either - he's been around, not like its his first nrl game or anything

i like matt keating - he's a hard worker and he's had some good games - but fmd he can be slow as sh*t passing from dummy half, doesn't back himself to run enough and he misses his mark with his passes too often

He has been around...and hasn't cracked it in firsts yet. Much like Robson, albeit he hasn't been around as long. I'm not saying he won't by any means, but to say he's better than Keating based on one game when Keats has a year and a half of good performances regular grade on him is just silly.

strider

Post Whore
He has been around...and hasn't cracked it in firsts yet. Much like Robson, albeit he hasn't been around as long. I'm not saying he won't by any means, but to say he's better than Keating based on one game when Keats has a year and a half of good performances regular grade on him is just silly.
ffs comparing Robson and Kingston is a joke :crazy:

i'm not gonna bag Matt cos he's solid - but Kinga deserves much more of a go to show what he can do

CrazyEel

Bench

Cool mate, everyone sees it their own way. It's just a matter of opinion but mine is that MK throws too many passes behind players forcing them to prop before they hit the line and Kinga's passing allowed forwards to run onto them and bend the line.

Oh, and I have a high opinion of Marsh and IMO MK ain't in his class.

EELICIT

Juniors
:lol: Was I now? Got a link to this blatant and continuous bagging, or are you talking out your arse?

Actually, judging from your opinion that Kinga is a better player than Keating based on one game, I'd say I've just answered my own question....

Here are your quotes!

Default Re: Match Thread vs Souths-Spoilers and whatnot
Try to Merritt results from Hayne trying to be a show pony, Souths 8-0 KTC

TRY!!! Hayne makes up for his c**k up, very nice piece of play and great work to get under the tackles

Bazal, i dont make false claims i examine before i talk unlike you!:crazy:

Bazal

Post Whore
Kingston kept De Gois out of the starting side for ages.. untill he got injured..

:-s

de Gois wasn't even at the Sharks til 2007, Kinga played 31 of his games at the Sharks before he even arrived, and in 2007 they shared the duties. Not surprising given at that stage de Gois had only played 4 matches.

Parraren

Bench
At the end of the day I think a Kingston-Keating rotation out of dummy half will work wonders for us.

Both offer different styles of play and hopefully they'll push each other each week to outplay one another.

Win-win I reckon.

Now let's just find a halfback...