What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KISS for the GF??? (2023 GF entertainment discussion)

It so funny, said to better half i am not a Kiss fan or really like any of their songs but we both found ourselves tapping away to I Want To Rock and Roll All Night, it just one of those songs you hear and whether you like it or not like it it transports you back to a time when you were younger and like it or not the song gets stuck in your head.
I did like that song as a kid and could’ve gotten into Kiss if i hadn’t discovered punk not long after.

Gardenia

Bench
They were playing to a click track backing that contained Paul Stanley’s vocals and the back up vocals. Paul’s voice has been shot for a while. The mics were on though and they were singing along with themselves. Most of Gene’s vocals and the drums were definitely live but hard to tell about the guitars and bass. They have always been a super tight band so will give them the benefit of the doubt. The kids in Kiss make up made the show. Excellent performance.
The kids were great we loved that part. Alot of work went into their costumes and makeup and the kids practicing their choreography.
It was a good trip down memory lane hearing these songs as a kid. It annoyed me though when they were saying (KISS) this is the greatest footy game in the world. They obviously havent seen RL.

Last edited:

Gardenia

Bench
To be fair didn't crowded house pull out leaving them with not a great deal of time? They did ok considering. They are still massive posers. That act would be $$$$$

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
KISS were the luckiest people at da G yesterday. They could f**k off back to their hotel room for their nana nap before the shitfest the afl call a game started.

Canard

Immortal
I thought all sports stadium "performances" contained backing tracks and vocals, no matter who it was?

Pneuma

First Grade
KISS were the luckiest people at da G yesterday. They could f**k off back to their hotel room for their nana nap before the shitfest the afl call a game started.
Somehow this discussion about NRL grand final entertainment has been hijacked into just another afl thread mate. Started with AFL reds massive whinge and got worse from there. I haven’t seen any footage of the aged pensioners performance yesterday so I’m oblivious to it all.