What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights keen to sign Horo.

I know there are upgrades and stuff but I would back myself and only take a 2 or 1 year deal and then go on the open market.

He is 24. Gets $80k per year. He'll be 27 when he finishes this contract and still haven't set himself up.

Does this make sense to anyone at all?

If Jodeci says he's staying, you just forget anything you read in the newspaper.

Why would he want to go to the Knights? Rick Stone is fkn hopeless.

Were above your mob on the ladder so I guess Anderson must be a floating turd in that case?

Especially considering you guys have twice the roster we do, no off season scandal and barely any injuries!

Maroubra Eel

Coach
If Jodeci says he's staying, you just forget anything you read in the newspaper.

Why would he want to go to the Knights? Rick Stone is fkn hopeless.

Don't worry about Stone, living in Newastle would be bad enough. The compensation would have to be very high.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
We're in front of you, you f**king moron.

What's your point? Knight's arnt going to make the 8 - You're in the same boat as us. Difference being we made the grand final last year.. you muppets won't make the top 8 again unless Joey laces up the boots.

Parra03

Juniors
While Horo is a good player I personally don't think at this stage he deserves a lot of money. We have seen what's happened with Morts so Parra guess is being careful not to pay overs for him.

Frederick

Staff member
What's your point? Knight's arnt going to make the 8 - You're in the same boat as us. Difference being we made the grand final last year.. you muppets won't make the top 8 again unless Joey laces up the boots.

We made the top 8 last year you moron :lol:

Juniors
Yeah nice blaming Brian Smith....had to get rid of the likes of Carmont etc etc....Honestly you should take lowrie back and put him in 5/8th...lol

Noname36

First Grade

Aren't we comparing coaches?

Stone:
- Rookie coach
- Basically has a reserve grade side at his disposal
- Had just about the worst off season imaginable with Wicksgate
- Team hit by injuries
- Very short favorites to take out the spoon at the beginning of the year

Anderson:
- Very experienced coach
- Superstar lineup
- Fantastic off season following last year's grandfinal appearance
- Didn't seem to be hit by injuries or any other major disruptions
- Favorites to win the comp and the start of the year

And yet...Stone's (who Knight's fans don't even rate that much as a coach) team for nuffies, are still ahead of Anderson's "superstars" on the ladder.

Says a lot about Ando doesn't it?

Kornstar

Coach
Aren't we comparing coaches?

Stone:
- Rookie coach
- Basically has a reserve grade side at his disposal
- Had just about the worst off season imaginable with Wicksgate
- Team hit by injuries
- Very short favorites to take out the spoon at the beginning of the year

Anderson:
- Very experienced coach
- Superstar lineup
- Fantastic off season following last year's grandfinal appearance
- Didn't seem to be hit by injuries or any other major disruptions
- Favorites to win the comp and the start of the year

And yet...Stone's (who Knight's fans don't even rate that much as a coach) team for nuffies, are still ahead of Anderson's "superstars" on the ladder.

Says a lot about Ando doesn't it?

FMD! Why are we fighting about coaches, seriously???

Reserve grade squad???? McDougall, Mullen, Simpson, Vuna, Uate, Gidley, Taia, Sau, De Gois.......seriously????????

Just because some w*nkers who gamble had you as wooden spoon favourites doesn't mean you had a bad squad!

Imo the Knights have a very good team and a team that could/should make the finals, they are great to watch, some of the players are just freaks, i put your season down to a rookie coach who had a lot to deal with in the off-season. If i were a Knights fan i would be proud of them regardless if they make the 8 (i know it is just as slim as ours) or not!

You are 100% correct, it is a joke that our team is not going to make the 8! We have been in the media for one thing or another all year, to say that we have had no disruptions is completely wrong.

Player infighting early on in the season, board infractions and media leaks (from where, no-one knows) and uncertainty of his tenure at the club have certainly been the challenges our coach has faced, has he got stuff wrong? Damn straight he has but i don't think he is completely to blame for our season! He has one more year on his contract and i want to see him complete that......

Our long term captain is leaving us this year and you would think a "close knit" team would work their a$$es off to make sure he went out a winner, watching our games this year tells me that they are not so "close knit" as there is barely any working for each other that is so important in the NRL these days! The lack of respect they are showing the captain is amazing imo.....

Can a coach make players like each other? I don't think so, he can only get rid of who he thinks is causing the trouble or hope they leave.......

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah nice blaming Brian Smith....had to get rid of the likes of Carmont etc etc....Honestly you should take lowrie back and put him in 5/8th...lol

I'm not talking about the top squad...most of them had to go. I'm talking about our Flegg, Ball and Matthews teams which he systematically dismantled and replaced with imports who were for the most part no better than the local juniors he sent packing.

Brian Smith did some brilliant things in his time here, but tampering with our juniors was not one of them.

Noname36

First Grade
FMD! Why are we fighting about coaches, seriously???

Reserve grade squad???? McDougall, Mullen, Simpson, Vuna, Uate, Gidley, Taia, Sau, De Gois.......seriously????????

Just because some w*nkers who gamble had you as wooden spoon favourites doesn't mean you had a bad squad!

Imo the Knights have a very good team and a team that could/should make the finals, they are great to watch, some of the players are just freaks, i put your season down to a rookie coach who had a lot to deal with in the off-season. If i were a Knights fan i would be proud of them regardless if they make the 8 (i know it is just as slim as ours) or not!

You are 100% correct, it is a joke that our team is not going to make the 8! We have been in the media for one thing or another all year, to say that we have had no disruptions is completely wrong.

Player infighting early on in the season, board infractions and media leaks (from where, no-one knows) and uncertainty of his tenure at the club have certainly been the challenges our coach has faced, has he got stuff wrong? Damn straight he has but i don't think he is completely to blame for our season! He has one more year on his contract and i want to see him complete that......

Our long term captain is leaving us this year and you would think a "close knit" team would work their a$$es off to make sure he went out a winner, watching our games this year tells me that they are not so "close knit" as there is barely any working for each other that is so important in the NRL these days! The lack of respect they are showing the captain is amazing imo.....

Can a coach make players like each other? I don't think so, he can only get rid of who he thinks is causing the trouble or hope they leave.......

I actually agree with the majority of your post. My post comparing Stone and Ando's achievements this year was mostly in response to the calls that Stone is hopeless. He's not a great coach (never will be), but this year with everything that's happened to him and the club, I don't think he and Anderson are really as far apart as what some people around here seem to think.

I do rate Ando as a coach, and I feel for him in the sense that it seems from the outside looking in that he's terrified to do his job. It seems like the entire club + media are breathing down his neck, just waiting for him to screw up. I can't imagine it being easy to perform in such a hostile (or so it appears) environment.

Just on the "reserve grade side" comment...While yes Newcastle do have some talented players, we're not even in the same galaxy when it comes to having big names as Parra is. The only players who I think would get a spot in a full strength Eels side would be Mullen, De Gois, and maybe Gidley if he was playing in the halves. While you guys have realistic dreams of getting Quade Cooper, the best we can hope for is someone like Horo. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with Horo, but you get my point hopefully...

Avenger

Immortal
Anderson is a better coach then Stone saying otherwise is a joke. However playing at Newcastle wouldn't be bad. Much prefer Newcastle to the Gong for eg.

boxhead

First Grade
Every team Daniel Anderson has coached he has taken to a grand final.
2009 marked his fourth consecutive grand final.
He's the first coach to take the Warriors to the finals AND the grand final in the same year.
There is a massive difference between the two coaches.
Saying a coach is sh*t because his team has a bad year is stupid; I rate Rick Stone because of all the hardships he has had this year as much as any other coach.

However, Daniel Anderson is quite easily one of the most successful coaches in the NRL, and if you look at the fact that he has only been coaching for about 10 years maximum it says a lot about his achievements and his ability as a coach.
Still, saying sh*t about Rick Stone in this thread was completely uncalled for. Both are having tough seasons, and I apologize to the Knights fans who were offended by the Parra fans who insulted him.

SDM

First Grade
I actually agree with the majority of your post. My post comparing Stone and Ando's achievements this year was mostly in response to the calls that Stone is hopeless. He's not a great coach (never will be), but this year with everything that's happened to him and the club, I don't think he and Anderson are really as far apart as what some people around here seem to think.

I do rate Ando as a coach, and I feel for him in the sense that it seems from the outside looking in that he's terrified to do his job. It seems like the entire club + media are breathing down his neck, just waiting for him to screw up. I can't imagine it being easy to perform in such a hostile (or so it appears) environment.

Just on the "reserve grade side" comment...While yes Newcastle do have some talented players, we're not even in the same galaxy when it comes to having big names as Parra is. The only players who I think would get a spot in a full strength Eels side would be Mullen, De Gois, and maybe Gidley if he was playing in the halves. While you guys have realistic dreams of getting Quade Cooper, the best we can hope for is someone like Horo. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with Horo, but you get my point hopefully...

:lol: Surely Inu would be dropped for Uate

Frederick

Staff member
Stone hasn't been without success in his coaching career either. He won 3 grand finals with Burleigh in the QLD Cup before joining the Knights. This year has been f**ked for him due to all the sh*t that went on in the off-season, and the fact he was thrown into it with 4 rounds to go last year. Next year should provide a true indication of his coaching ability with, fingers crossed, no off season dramas as well as a team he mostly hand picked.