What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Lower Grade Stuff

Old dog

Bench
Think he is a bit young at this stage, we seem to be very strong in all grades for f/b but with Miller going well Hodgson will likely be squeezed out

Old dog

Bench
If Hodgson isn’t resigned I expect Armstrong will get a run at f/b and if good will at this stage be Cup f/b 2024

PhilGould

Bench
I reckon Fletcher Sharpe would be the plan next year over Armstrong. 3 years around an NRL system and Armstrong still looks like he could blow away in the wind.

Pointless making plans around a Harold Matt’s players so many years out but Votano has the size to play just about anywhere if keeps improving.

mozza91

Coach
Agreed Armstrong is quick and a good support player but is built like Manic Mailman and would get crushed in FG.

Old dog

Bench
Not seeing him in 1st in 2024, just Cup side, if injury in firsts say Miller then Ponga to 1 and Gamble to 6.
Gives him 2023/24 to be ready for 2025 if needed and proven

HarVeeGee

Juniors
I tend to be pretty cynical when people say so-and-so in our system is gonna be a star. I’ve found our fans can be pretty quick to overhype these kids and so frequently once I see them play I’m like, “Really? This kid?”

I must confess all I had to say when I saw Votano for the first time was this:

aqua_duck

Coach
So perhaps Miller for the next 3 or so years then the young lad steps up!
If he’s good enough it’d be a decent time line or even start the kid off on the wing first. To be fair most of us have only seen 2 mins of a Harold Mats highlight clip so it’s a little premature but I can’t remember the last junior we had who had that kind of athletic profile

PhilGould

Bench
Got a very young team named for NSW Cup this week. Tuala, Talty & Tupouniua are the old men at 24, majority would be 21 or younger. Some good young prospects throughout but looking forward to seeing Ferguson & Nailagoliva at the next level most of all. Will be good to finally see a full game from Kalepo, Hampson & Su'a as well.

1. Bailey Hodgson
2. Keanu Wainohu-Kemp
3. Simi Sasagi
4. Enari Tuala
5. Ethan Ferguson
6. Ryan Rivett
7. Liam Sutton
8. David Hollis
9. Temple Kalepo
10. Ben Talty
11. Eddie Hampson
12. Oryn Keeley
13. Tom Cant

14. Noah Nailagoliva
15. Toni Tupouniua
16. Sebastian Su'a
17. Cooper Jenkins

As said yesterday SG Ball, Tarsha Gale Cup & Harold Matts have all qualified for finals but there's actually a break before the finals kick off on the 15th.

Yosh

Coach
DIdn't know Talty was 24 already. Will he ever really become a starter here?

Old dog

Bench
Very harsh on both Talty and Jones, from what I have seen both are wholehearted players but unfortunately not quite 1sts but very capable Cup players and fair backups unfortunately once some on here take a set against them and others the comments flow

Yosh

Coach
I think Brodie has grown on me the past two games. He is definitely a middle. Problem is, he isn't big enough to play prop nor skillful enough to play 13... A really really poor man's Jake Trbojevic.

aqua_duck

Coach
Very harsh on both Talty and Jones, from what I have seen both are wholehearted players but unfortunately not quite 1sts but very capable Cup players and fair backups unfortunately once some on here take a set against them and others the comments flow
Jones is fine as like the 26th or 27th member of a 30 man squad, Talty is a similar style of player, similar build, similar limitations but just not really as good, the issue for Talty is he’s the same age as Jones so I don’t see him getting a gig here when Jones himself is as you said not quite a 1st grader.

Jono078

Referee
I think Brodie has grown on me the past two games. He is definitely a middle. Problem is, he isn't big enough to play prop nor skillful enough to play 13... A really really poor man's Jake Trbojevic.
Interesting because I've had the complete opposite thoughts. I would like for him to be replaced in the 17 but I suppose to don't have anyone better right now. He's very limited and one dimensional. I don't know how he had that one game at centre and looked like Matt Gidley.

Burwood

Bench
You look at all the disappointing regulars who have played this year, and they all seem to have shown some improvement- whether it be Johns, Gagai, Fitz, Best etc. Brodie Jones looks the same as last year.

aqua_duck

Coach
You look at all the disappointing regulars who have played this year, and they all seem to have shown some improvement- whether it be Johns, Gagai, Fitz, Best etc. Brodie Jones looks the same as last year.
To me Fitz is the same player, still just runs that one line and has zero other strings to his bow, only difference this year for me is that the halves have shown more of a willingness to bypass him with a cut out pass so the times he does get that short ball he’s not getting jammed by the outside defender as often. In previous years he would get jammed outside in a lot because he would get that short pass 95% of the time

Latest posts