What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Lower Grade Stuff

PhilGould

Bench
He also said his dad recently passed and it's made him re-evaluate how he's spending his time. Says it's a 24/7 job that he didn't feel he could commit to fully at the moment.

Jono078

Referee
He also said his dad recently passed and it's made him re-evaluate how he's spending his time. Says it's a 24/7 job that he didn't feel he could commit to fully at the moment.
So there was disagreements about the pathways and then this?

2 very opposite kind of stories which could have led to him resigning.

PhilGould

Bench
He definitely makes it clear that there was a difference of opinion on how things should be run, but the family stuff probably made it easier for him to just say f**k it and walk away so quickly.

aqua_duck

Coach
So there was disagreements about the pathways and then this?

2 very opposite kind of stories which could have led to him resigning.
difference of opinion could just be purely financial. Penrith almost bankrupted themselves to build what they currently have, maybe Gardner and Wests weren't prepared to write a blank cheque.

macavity

Referee
difference of opinion could just be purely financial. Penrith almost bankrupted themselves to build what they currently have, maybe Gardner and Wests weren't prepared to write a blank cheque.

Wests don't write cheques easily.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Herald saying the Brennan quit because he had different ideas to management

that’s a nice way of saying Gardner doesn’t know what he’s doing and needs to stay in his lane

Like with Alex McKinnon, Brennan didn’t get along with Zammit either.
As for Gardner 😬

macavity

Referee
Because he would still be in regular touch with everyone and make decisions that effect them

Working remotely doesnt mean youre isolated from everyone these days mate

Well yeah.

But I still don't quite get it when adults "can't get on".

Also don't get having a recruitment manager living a 6 hour plane ride away either. How does he sell the town when he won't live here.

Well yeah.

Also don't get having a recruitment manager living a 6 hour plane ride away either. How does he sell the town when he won't live here.
His job is to sell the club imo, not the town

Id imagine others like Bedsy would do the town selling once Zammit has a young player on the hook

aqua_duck

Coach
Well yeah.

i think the benefits of him being based in Qld are that he can funnel junior talent from there into our system. Zammit has always been best known as someone who is really good at identifying talented kids

macavity

Referee
i think the benefits of him being based in Qld are that he can funnel junior talent from there into our system. Zammit has always been best known as someone who is really good at identifying talented kids

sure so he is a scout, not “head of talent” or whatever they call him.

aqua_duck

Coach
sure so he is a scout, not “head of talent” or whatever they call him.
i'd say most renowned recruitment managers are best known for their ability to spot junior or less established talent, think Noel Cleal, Peter O'Sullivan, Dave Warwick and Cyril Connell