What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights ride to the rescue of Kaufusi

Yosh

Coach
Where is Craig Smith 2005 style when you need him huh? I think we are a Model Craig Smith 2005 short. Pity Cross isn't half the prop Smith was in 05...

CJG 182

Juniors
If we were going to just throw money away like this surely charity would have been a better option.

aqua_duck

Coach
Thing is we need a prop now and there is very little chance we'd get a good one in June. Atleast Kaufusi is a prop and has some size, its alot better signing IMO then Southern or Thurling

antonius

Coach
if we're going after someone this stage of the season we can't expect a superstar
Why waste the money? our season is gone. IMO it'd be far better to blood a few of the young blokes at the club and keep the money for a decent prop when the opportunity comes along (which it will) On past form I'm not holding my breath for a superstar.

I have the feeling or stupid hope that we are going to make an offer that cant be refused to one of Melbournes big 4...... Or maybe I've just been pulling too much!

beave

Coach
I feel sorry for you guys if you do get him. He has been utter rubbish this year and last. This article suggests you guys will be picking up his contract, so wether that means we are still paying him some coin is yet to be seen, though to me it sounds like you guys will be paying for his entire contract. Anyways, if you do get him, good luck to yas because he has been pathetic for us.

Cheers

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/06/22/148345_sport.html

Sources close to the club confirmed yesterday that an arrangement had almost been nutted out that would see the the out-of-favour former Kangaroo's contract taken over by the Knights.

Chook Herron

Juniors
I'd give him a chance before writing him off. Being around guys like Taufua, Faaoso and Tui may spark something in him that's been missing. Either that or he continues to be lazy and plays only for his pay cheque

Alex28

Coach
It certainly sounds like we are paying full freight for the contract. He better pull his bloody finger out when he gets here...

Serc

First Grade
The only positive is that if he ends up being a gold plated dud, its just under a 1.5 year contract. No 2 or 3 year rubbish!

Serc

First Grade
Hmm yes indeed...in one of the articles from the Herald that I posted on page 3, had forgotten about that! Guess we have to wait and see then

G.I.

Juniors
It gives the inpression that the Knights dont even care if they are spending money on Antonio Kafusi

IanG

Coach
Where is Craig Smith 2005 style when you need him huh? I think we are a Model Craig Smith 2005 short. Pity Cross isn't half the prop Smith was in 05...

He's running a coffee and cake stall in the Andrew Johns Stand

Canard

Immortal
A Tongan born Polynesian hasn't adapted to the heat??? NQ in Winter (which is when footy is played) is the closest thing to perfect weather you can get.

Im a Cairns local orginally and we consider Townsville to be barely the tropics and a "cold" in Winter.

Must admit after years of living in London and now Melbourne I find both places bloody hot in Summer though.

DeeJ

Bench
Just so all you guys know Kaufusi only got his Australian rep jersey so New Zealand couldn't pick him.

Bicey_18

Bench
Kaufusi to be signed up by the end of the week... to make his debut against the Sharks in 2 weeks.