What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Sign Beau Scott

rabble

Juniors
This is BS, never have been a fan of Scott's attitude on the field, all huff and bluff. Obviously WB does'nt think he can win a comp with the cattle he's got, he's looking for protection, feel sorry for our local juniors and all the BS talk and the installation of a high performance manager, might as well f**k him off.
To me seems Taia and House might be in trouble, they do lack a bit of impact but was hoping the juniors might eventually cover this problem, but according to WB they don't cut it.
I don't support the NRL, i barrack for the Knights and signings like this are hard to take.

Rod

Bench
Why would Taia AND Houston be in trouble. Beau going to play on both sides?

Love this signing personally. Tough player and you can tell he's quality since the Dragons fans are pissed.

The quote from Midley about the signing being done in such a way that we will still be retaining the core of our squad is interesting. I'm intrigued as to how the rest of our recruitment (if there is one) will go this year. My biggest question is about Gidley. Is he going to take over Buderus and we sign a half? Or just promote Stig/Roberts?

_Johnsy

Referee
Now people know we are the real deal. Beau Scott. Wow!

You sign a back rower and now expect everyone thinks you are the real deal, honestly FFS

Oh and St George hatred of us went up ten notches.

No we don't hate you. just disappointed that benny publicly stated he wouldn't rip our side apart, who's next from the Big red V.

St george think any player that leaves has no right to unless they are unwanted. What a joke. I've been sympathetic to this point but they slate anyone who is an ex player almost immediately. Boyd and Wayne are definitely better off. I understand the bitterness but it is up to St George to stop assuming they are this holier than thou club where u stay or else. U r preaching to the converted GKD and your alumni. We have been poached for 2 decades and more to the point been looked down upon. How the tide has turned.

FFS take your meds, are you reading the same post? I am yet to see anywhere where a dragons fan has displayed the "any player that leaves has no right to unless they are unwanted" attitude. You really should think before you start up on your little rant.

Are you the only club that has been losing juniors for 2 decades, where the f**k do you get the "looked down upon". I think you have a chip on your shoulder.

Honestly mate seek help as you are clearly delusional.

rabble

Juniors
It surprises me that no one is surprised by this, usually guys on here are all over this shit, i never saw anything, was unaware of any neg's. Surely WB would'nt move Nev on again, that would'nt be saying much for either bloke. Filipo played a pretty good game this arvie, he'd be a good signing for any club. Good luck to him.

RABK

Referee
This Knights vs Dragon rivalry that we all knew was coming that started out with a lot of mutual respect is quickly turning bitter. I love it. Can they replace Canberra as our main forum rivals during the four years?

It's nothing new for me though, my best mate Hutty (who posts on here) is a Dragons fanatic and we've been giving each other shit for 14 years. Deep down though we respect each others sides and hope we always beat scum like the Storm, Bulldogs, Broncos and Roosters.

natheel

Coach
god it's good to see the Dragons get ripped apart!

i'd laugh so hard if the Stewart bros end up going somewhere else other than Dragons :)

I would've loved to have Scott at Eels (replace Hindy), he's tough as nails and doesn't shirk the hard stuff.

all they will have at the end of it all is Nightingale, Morris, Hornby, Weyman and Soward as their main players. Young is getting on a bit and so is Fien. They're going to struggle in the next couple of seasons

St Benny

Juniors
You bought a lemon!

Now that the spotlight is on Scott, I urge you to watch him closely and pay attention! 2010 was his best year and even that's not saying much!

He's slow, small and misses way to many tackles!

Where did this opinion of him being a good defender come from??

Is it because he grabs blokes by the scruff of the neck when there's a brawl?

He's to slow for a centre and to small for a back rower!

I know people (knights fans) will say that Wayne will bring the best out if him
and we saints fans are just bitter, but like I said above, now the spotlights on him make sure you pay close attention to him and see what attributes he will bring to your side?

Yosh

Coach
You bought a lemon!

Now that the spotlight is on Scott, I urge you to watch him closely and pay attention! 2010 was his best year and even that's not saying much!

and we saints fans are just bitter, but like I said above, now the spotlights on him make sure you pay close attention to him and see what attributes he will bring to your side?

Be quickly get that "i don't know if you are being serious" picture...

Spot On

Coach
You bought a lemon!

Mate, Bennett got the best out of all your blokes the past couple seasons. 2010 was the best year all of them had. That's a no-brainer. It is laughable that you question, indirectly, a player that Bennett wants. You obviously don't know much about his career in coaching.

Bennett got the very best out of all your blokes in 2010, not just Scott. That's a no brainer.

rabble

Juniors
I guess it's lucky we have some decent attackers in our team, Mullo, Boyd, Aku to name a couple. Scott offers nothing in attack and our halves don't need the protection that say, the dragons halves do. In saying that, i was impressed with Soward's DEF in taking Houso and Wes down by himself. That to me, does'nt say much for Houso. I think that there are a few guys needing to pick there game up in attack simply by running straighter incl. Taia and Houso.(you can't keep everyone, these two are'nt locals and the Dragons might like Houso back and Wicksy too, when he's free, Mck will be ready for !st Grade starter next year, permanently) That's why i say i think they may be in trouble with Scotts arrival, almost swapping like for like IMO. WB's points grading system style of coaching must have those two ahead of, well, everyone.
Sau will be gone also.
Did'nt Morris score 3 tries down Scott's side of the field?

Rolla

Juniors
In fact the more I think about it the more I think Sau going is the clear choice. With McKinnon and Scott in the Side there is no point having a 3rd first grade centre (especially with Pete and Liki here as well). We have a lot of back row depth but in having versatile backrowers (Eddy/Nev - Prop, Scott/McKinnon - Centre, Hilder - everywhere) our backrow depth becomes our centre and front row depth too. With some of those guys likely to be playing in their second position at any time there is certainly a place for Zeb and House as well as chances for Cook and filipo.

Johns Magic

Referee
There is no chance Sau will be re-signed that I can see.

He's still on-contract for next year, but I reckon there's a huge chance he'll be gone by the end of this season. Other clubs(Parra) would be desperate for him, and he is probably on semi-decent coin.

He must really regret re-signing here. Gotta wonder why we fought for him at the time...

RABK

Referee
Sau was resigned by Bennett though to a new 3 year deal.

That would not have been a light decision - he has to have seen something in Sau. I agree it looks like he's on the outer but perhaps Bennett is just frustrated with Sau?

RABK

Referee
Sorry, 2 year deal was it. Point still stands - Bennett was controlling recruitment at that time. Perhaps Bennett weighed up what we had and who was on the market and though Sau was good depth and nothing more.

Rolla

Juniors
I'm not sure what his motives were then, but next year one of our 3 centres become completely redundant, and at the moment Sau is losing the race. Tahu is much better and Wes is in front too (Plus he kicks goals and plays at least 3 positions). Jnr has a mountain to climb this year.

Latest posts