What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Social Forum Photography Thread

roopy

Referee
Certainly accentuates the feeling of desolation doesn't it! I really need to learn a lot more about post-processing I think.
Black and white is good for pics with a lot of shapes and forms IMO.
It lets you just look at the shapes - simplifies the picture in other words.

I watched a proramme on photography that said it was till the 60s that colour became acceptable for 'art' pics - before that anything 'arty' was b&w, even though they had colour for nearly 30 years.

Jeez, what happened to the photographers?

Here's Robbie O at the Hill to Harbour last week. As I was walking into a nice position he ran past before I could get into my spot. So, I won't bother posting a nice version of it.

Mofo put up a very nice time, BTW.

robbyo.jpg

roopy

Referee
Jeez, what happened to the photographers?

Here's Robbie O at the Hill to Harbour last week. As I was walking into a nice position he ran past before I could get into my spot. So, I won't bother posting a nice version of it.

Mofo put up a very nice time, BTW.

robbyo.jpg
did the 8 year old signal before overtaking him

astrogirl

First Grade
He took 39:22 min. I was right behind him............ not

I am so unimpressed with my 1:04:09

IanG

Coach
From Sunday's Game
EasterBunny1.jpg

EasterBunny2.jpg

Unfortunatly I didn't get a shot of the Easter Bunny copping a falcon.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I just got back from a few days in Japan, and managed to snap a few shots while I was there. They're large, I apologise.

japan188.jpg

The entrance garden at Sumiyoshi Shrine, in f**kuoka

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
Some nice snaps there Mr Mis - would I be right in saying they were taken on a film camera?

Serc

First Grade
hmm fair enough, nothing wrong with film shots of course, but they looked like scans to me other than the first one.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ah, that would be my over-zealous friend photoshopping all but the first one. I just didn't have the originals with me.

roopy

Referee
I put 10 photos into a comp and won prizes with these three (which i didn't think were my best).
hospital4209022.jpg

jetty044.jpg

hospital4209007.jpg

Serc

First Grade
They aren't too shabby roops, show us the ones you thought were your best three!

I should have some more weather piccies from recent months up soon too :)

Serc

First Grade
Walked/climbed up Mt Maroon here in SEQ the other week, and here's a few snaps I took:

There was also a glider that paid a visit while we were having lunch up top!

Serc

First Grade

Was even fortunate to have a ripper sunset appear just as we drove home, with the mountain we had just conquered silhouetted in the background :D