What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Social Forum Photography Thread

Serc

First Grade
Went to Riverfire last night - this is a pic of the F111 dump & burn over the city!

IMG_6136_edit1.jpg

I left my white balance set to cloudy so it would look a bit more reddy/orange...was trying for the apocalyptic look :p

Serc

First Grade
Some more pics from me over the weekend - had some really crazy storms around here the last few days:

On Friday:

0919ds05.jpg

On Sunday:

0921ds02.jpg

0921ds07.jpg

0921ds08.jpg

0921ds10.jpg

Misanthrope

Staff member
Geez, that third one is just ominous. Like the ships coming in Independence Day :lol:

Love that last shot, too

astrogirl

First Grade
you should do more photography, you have a great eye for it.
Thanks roopy. I only just noticed your post... I came back to this thread cos I'm thinking about getting a digital slr. I feel the need to learn something new and there are classes at the Australian Centre for Photography that I might check out.

Anyway I'm hoping to get a camera for about $1k that I can grow into. I was inspired by this article.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/execu.../beginners-luck/2008/10/16/1223750210925.html

What do you guys think?

astrogirl

First Grade
Well said - I took this with my old Canon point and shoot in 05 (waterfall at Ebor - about 50km E of Armidale)
IMG_3403.jpg
Looking through this thread again and still amazed at how the water and some of the darker rocks leap off the page. I love this photo

roopy

Referee
Thanks roopy. I only just noticed your post... I came back to this thread cos I'm thinking about getting a digital slr. I feel the need to learn something new and there are classes at the Australian Centre for Photography that I might check out.

Anyway I'm hoping to get a camera for about $1k that I can grow into. I was inspired by this article.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/execu.../beginners-luck/2008/10/16/1223750210925.html

What do you guys think?
I wouldn't buy the Canon 1000d for 1k when you can get the Canon 450d (a better camera) with a twin lens kit for 250 dollars more.
https://www.camerasdirect.com.au/in...non/450d/canon-eos-450d-twin-is-lens-kit.html

None of the cameras in your article has much zoom, so a week after you buy one you would be shopping for a zoom lens so you could do more - so the twin lens kit would work out cheaper in the long run.

I find this forum really useful for answering all questions on Canon;

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/

macavity

Referee
im going to have to get going again on this one

can i just post pics of my reno? its all I really have at the moment... :lol:

Pumba

First Grade
Went to Riverfire last night - this is a pic of the F111 dump & burn over the city!

IMG_6136_edit1.jpg

I left my white balance set to cloudy so it would look a bit more reddy/orange...was trying for the apocalyptic look :p

That is just frikken awesome!!

Great shot mate.

Serc

First Grade
Thanks Astro :) by the way I would reccommend the 1000D or the 450D with just the 18-55 IS kit lens only (unless you know you need extra zoom). Both of these combos fit under the $1000 mark: http://www.shopbot.com.au/c-39-0-331-1.html

You can post pics of your reno if you like Mac...remember I am the Chris Bailey of photography with my neverending weather pics and nothing else :p so go for it!

Thanks too Pumba!

Serc

First Grade
One more thing - if I was buying a camera I would consider buying right now before prices make a significant jump (of about 10-20% I've heard in one camera shop over the next few weeks) as we all would be aware that our Aussie dollar has lost a lot of value against the US dollar in the last few months!

Serc

First Grade
Got some pics from my travels over the last month!

1021ds02.jpg

1021ds03.jpg

1021ds04.jpg

This one below is THE storm that went over Brisbane last Sunday as it was developing...did the damage you have all heard about in northwestern suburbs an hour later:
1116ds03.jpg

Misanthrope

Staff member
The second one on your last post is just intimidating. I've seen a lot of storms in my time, but I swear to God, I never see them looking like you capture them :lol:

Serc

First Grade
hmmm maybe! Given my lovelife seems a small chapter in comparison to the grand novel that is Misanthrope's...those clouds tend to put out more!

Pumba

First Grade
Great Pics again Dave!

I most even use part of one for a sig later :)

If thats alright with you.

Serc

First Grade
No worries Pumba - if you want a different version of any of the ones I've posted feel free to pm

Where did Bushy's post go? I swear I read something from him this morning...