What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V. Broncos ~ Post Match Discussion

Johns Magic

Referee
Alex28 said:
Tupou kept moving in off his wing in attack as well. He's bloody massive - I never realised the guy was that big. I see your point but he wasn't as bad as he has been in previous weeks.

Mullen put a front on tackle on Webcke with about 10 to go - it certainly wasn't "sticking his arm out".

In any case, tackling a prop once doesn't mean you're ready for first-grade. He's missed plenty this year as well.

Alex28

Coach
Surely his misses haven't been as bad as Kidley's on Eastwood (I think) - the problem is Kidley misses one of those every week yet still gets selected.

Johns Magic

Referee
Alex28 said:
Surely his misses haven't been as bad as Kidley's on Eastwood (I think) - the problem is Kidley misses one of those every week yet still gets selected.

Are you joking? Kidley is a defensive rock week-in, week-out.

roopy

Referee
I thought Johns and Buderus were both off their game a lot this week - which is a great thing because we won with our best two playing 'ordinary'.
Simmo put in a great game. He is a machine.
Riley Brown showed he is a great addition to our attack. He has always been a try scorer. His Flegg year he was our top try scorer at better than a try a match from lock.
Georgie Carmont had a great last half to last year, and is a true firstgrader now. I think we need to get pen on paper - because other clubs will be sniffing around very soon.

thuganomics

Coach
Alex28 said:

Kidley is a great defender. It's not that he missed a tackle on Eastwood, it's just that he made the wrong decision and went for the behind ball player instead of the runner. He believed it would of been a decoy play.

Normally Kidley is a machine in defence. If I was going to drop him from the team it wouldn't be for the reason you have listed above.

Alex28

Coach
Don't get me wrong - he does plenty in defence but makes some ordinary misses as well...he's not alone there though.

And I don't think he should be dropped - he's in the top 17 in the club no doubt. I just think he's a tad out of position...

roopy

Referee
Davico deserves a mention. I thought he did his job - and it was obvious last week that he lacked match fitness - so to aim up and do his job in a forward clash like that is a huge effort. He will be stuffed tomorrow.

troll

Juniors
roopy said:
I thought Johns and Buderus were both off their game a lot this week - which is a great thing because we won with our best two playing 'ordinary'.

Your kidding
When Johns Goes get used to the wooden spoon
Even Buderus struggles without him!

When Johns is not there, the Knights are crap!

Ben

Bench
That is why he won a Dally M with a Nuffy team.

But when he is there we are the best team in the world.

I thought Carney had an improved game. But still not at the level he is known to play at. Sure he had two defensive blunders, but i wouldn't blame the first try on him alone. It was three on one and he had no choice but to rush up and try to bat the ball down.

He showed a defensive lapse on the second one and was subsequently caught out. But he has certainly improved his defence from last week. He was a gun in attack, and was one of our best taking the ball out from inside our twenty.

We should've put the game away with ten minutes to go. Some brain explosions and the stupid sun nearly cost us the game. Hopefully we can finish games off when it comes to the semis.

Overall, it was a brilliant game. The game had everything, tries, brutal defence, long cut out balls, inside balls. Just a phenomenal game and i still can't believe that it didn't get Channel 9.

macavity

Referee
observer said:
Your kidding

go back to observing, participating isn't for you.

Big Tim

First Grade
Stuzmeister said:
His defence was a bit off, and that pass to Quinn could have been better, although it it'd come off it would have been a brilliant try

I thought the pass was ok. We were on the side of the field Quinn was on and seconds after the ball left Kidley's hand it was in the sun. Quinn lost it in the sun, which doesnt suprise me cos I couldnt really see it either. If Kidley is standing 2 metres back Quinn would have scored.

Cant blame either really.

cram

Bench
We nutted out a win and thats whats important..."We Win, We Win, The Knights We are Supereme...."

chinorocks

Juniors
Carneys defence is an absolute liability. I know he was good in attack, but he's let in a sh*tload of trys down his wing in the last month, and almost all of them we're a result of him rushing infield and leaving his winger unmarked.

IanG

Coach
If I had a seat I would've been on the edge of it I can tell you. When the Broncos scored those unanswered points (16 I think it was) I though oh no they're gonna run away with this. But we held out ok and got away with the two points. Once again it was mistakes that cost us. Also I must be a dutch astronaught because the Ref missed a Brisbane Knock on. Dead set

Gene Krupa

Referee
observer said:
Your kidding

Boon? Is that you?

:lol:

Big Tim

First Grade
chinorocks said:
Carneys defence is an absolute liability. I know he was good in attack, but he's let in a sh*tload of trys down his wing in the last month, and almost all of them we're a result of him rushing infield and leaving his winger unmarked.

But if he doesnt come in, the centre scores closer to the posts. Its a game of percentages. Risk coming in and the winger scoring, or staying and the centre or backrower scoring. I know which I prefer. I think that both wingers made fairly good decisions and stopped several overlaps on both sides of the field.

benno

Juniors
good to carney go forward once or twice..otherwise he was still going sideways n backwards haha...an improvement...but still got sh*tloads of work to do...wouldnt have scored a try this yr without gids