What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

Nuffy

Bench
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3174355/sporting-declaration-was-wayne-right/?cs=12

Dillon doesn't seem to think the options posed have any credibility.

Not sure what they expect with 750 words in the paper, on twitter and Facebook.

If they want business plans, no problem, we can write them too but the reality is that we want the board above all else to ensure that all the right pieces are in place and for heavens sake, communicate those points.

The Titans did that several weeks after a new board was installed and whilst it's a thin document, it has a vision and kpis that they will be judged against.

The board inherited a shit sandwich but it's now THEIR shit sandwich and they have been entrusted to fix it so show us that you are.

We don't have 5 yrs to turn this things around, crowds are down 12% this year alone.

We flagged three areas of focus that needed to be addressed, they are the markers for the board to dive deeper into.

Because if it were me, I'd formulate the vision, have strategies developed to deliver the vision, metrics in place to track our performance against the strategies and tactical actions to achieve the strategies.

As amazing as it is, you do that piece alone correctly and viola you get accountability.

The board then also needs to have the necessary skills to review the strategies proposed by the management and look for holes or wishful thinking. If they don't have that then they need a trusted group of external consigliere who can punch holes in any fairy tales the management tosses up.

Finally, don't take my or any of the supporters words for it. Off the top of my head, Dillion, Keeble, Toohey, Kent and Rothfield have said at one time this year that the club has some serious issues to address and correct.

Even Joey, the greatest of them all, said that the club had some obvious issues and blokes weren't putting in. He amongst all others knows what a winning footy club looks like

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench
Now some good news, a former Knights and Hunter luminary has reached out to the group after the opinion piece.

They share our concerns and wanted to offer their support and see what they could do to assist.

We'll be speaking again with them to determine the next steps.

Nuffy

Bench
In further good news, the Knight Chairman, Brian McGuigan has reached out to the group to better understand our concerns and thoughts.

We'll be discussing the issue again with him next week and perhaps meeting with him to articulate our concerns in more detail.

Credit to him for listening to the group and we look forward to the opportunity.

Whats Doing

Bench
Well done Nuffy.

At least they are recognising our group and hope they become transparent in their managing of the club.

Whats Doing

Bench
And the Titans Board are delivering on some of their commitments in theor strategic plan with 3 major sponsors signed in the last 3 weeks. The major sponsor chipping in $2m for 18 months.

Now that is delivering

Swarzey

Bench
That's amazing. Full credit to him for taking this seriously and letting us voice our concerns; hopefully it leads to fans having a way to voice their concerns.

Jono078

Referee
This is wonderful. I have 100% faith in you Nuffy to convey what we want to McGuigan.

I think what needs to be asked of Stone is why he stuck to the same team for so long and it was only injuries that forced him to change the lineup and not the sub-par performances of certain individuals, that needed to be dropped. It doesn't send a message that you have to aim up if you want to play in the NRL and it doesn't push players to keep their spot or someone from reserves to perform and feel like they're a realistic chance of making the squad.

Then there's the post game conferences, the body language and the tone he talks with screams to me probably the team that the performance and results are "ok".

There's just a stigma at the moment that everyone is content and they are not pushing to be an elite NRL team, let alone an NRL club.

Knightmare

Coach
I went along to the game last night with my protest banner (featuring the #knightsrebuild hashtag at the bottom) and sat in the away supporters bay for the first half. I feared perhaps I'd face backlash from the kind of people who post on the Mighty Knights page, but to the contrary my banner was well-received by everybody who saw it- both in the away bay and the people in Bay 325 when I went up in the second half to join some friends of mine.

If it gets a few more people to join the Twitter page, then job done as far as I'm concerned.

perverse

Referee
I'd say it's just as likely that McGuigan will be looking to wine, dine and gag Nuffy. More than anything I'd say he's less about understanding our concerns and more about shutting us up - but it will be interesting to see how it all goes. Well done, Nuffy.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I went along to the game last night with my protest banner (featuring the #knightsrebuild hashtag at the bottom) and sat in the away supporters bay for the first half. I feared perhaps I'd face backlash from the kind of people who post on the Mighty Knights page, but to the contrary my banner was well-received by everybody who saw it- both in the away bay and the people in Bay 325 when I went up in the second half to join some friends of mine.

If it gets a few more people to join the Twitter page, then job done as far as I'm concerned.

Adores anyone know if that made the tv?

Pedge1971

First Grade
The Dillon article is rubbish in accusing our group of not offering solutions:

1. It isn't our role.
2. He talks up what has been done "behind the scenes" by the fron office and the need to have a strong front office. If there has been so much progress why don't the members know about it? Reference the quote above about the Titans ans their sponsorship gains. You do something positive, you let the people know.

I think we have some fairly astute and professional people in this group who have a proven track record in the corporate world. Organisations build and crumble based on culture. I have worked for the last 10 years in a large multinational that was very successful for some time but has been hit by some cultural issues. As a result is has been failing and is fighting to remain competitive. Our new CEO has acknowledged it and is AT LEAST TRYING to address it. I see nothing but complacency at the Knights and it disapoints me as there is such a base to build on....

I dont blame Stone. He is the product of an environment that has been created (wrongly) above him. As much as I hate to say it if you wanted to look at a long term business model you could base yourself on it is the Dogs and Broncos. Thoigh not coincedence they took Super League money and therefore have a powerful ally in News. Still, their model is what we should and can aspire to...

Nuffy

Bench
I'd say it's just as likely that McGuigan will be looking to wine, dine and gag Nuffy. More than anything I'd say he's less about understanding our concerns and more about shutting us up - but it will be interesting to see how it all goes. Well done, Nuffy.

To be fair if we have a sit down it's going to be a number of us, not just me as I think we can better articulate as a group.

Second, it did cross my mind about washing the problem away but the beauty of this is that I am sure that neither I nor anyone else want any personal benefit out of this process, so they are wasting their time if that's the grand plan.

Now again credit to the bloke for reaching out, we will see.

Nuffy

Bench
Team, further positive developments, Richard King from 2HD has contacted us and wants to have a chat on air on Friday morning.

Thanks to 2HD for taking an interest in our campaign.

Alex28

Coach
I made a reference to childish and juvenile comments in another post. I think with the levels of media that want to talk to us we need to assume they are reading what we are saying in all threads, and how we come across affects our credibility.

If we want to be influential, we need to act as such. If we want to bitch and whinge, we'll get treated as such.

Latest posts