What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

Burns

First Grade
Don't think so.if I had thought ahead I would have 'Periscoped' it. Not sure management would approve haha.

Room 3/4 full. About to start. Had a strong PR vibe. Not sure we'll get much tonight

Danny here, walking around saying hi to everyone. Still the most fit human ever.

Nuffy

Bench
Don't think so.if I had thought ahead I would have 'Periscoped' it. Not sure management would approve haha.

Room 3/4 full. About to start. Had a strong PR vibe. Not sure we'll get much tonight

Danny here, walking around saying hi to everyone. Still the most fit human ever.

Good on you Burns, did Mac make it?

Can I ask that you take notes as best you can and transcribe them for the group.

Also my two questions are: Will the plan be available on line, and can our group get a more detailed briefing if requested.

If you can ask them, that would be great. Also please announce you are from Knightsrebuild so they know we are there.

Last edited:

Burns

First Grade
Starting

^ Nuffy will try

Melinda Smith hosting!

Room is pretty full now. Setting down rules, asking for respectful discourse etc.

Q and a will be half hour later. There will be a suprise for a lucky member at the end.

Burns

First Grade
Brian talking now. Makes joke that he would rather be a player as they got a better reception then him.

Is now talking about how we got here. Discussing last 7 months.

Working on mew direction.to be quality team need to be a quality business.
Talking how all clubs are struggling to survive
Saying what our advantages are. Our board, the team culture, the supporter base. Notes Titans match in particular.

Last edited:

Burns

First Grade
Wants best practice for club. So players are accountable. Wants to restore pride in club. Want to be excellent and responsible in business. Tough decisions need to be made to do so.

He turns the page on speech.

Burns

First Grade
Talking about sacking of Stone. Saying he was responsible for large degree of outcomes because he was the boss.

Now moving to activity off the park. Board had worked with players, sponsors and fans to achieve better outcomes. Need to be sustainable or club can not be run.

New procedures are in place that never existed before. Members will be invited to new membership in coming weeks.
New benefits, easier renewal system.

Last edited:

Burns

First Grade
Brian again thanking fans and members (again). More talk of change

Board working with NRL to restructure club. Sorting out finances.corporate governance has been reorganised to ensure rules in regard to.salary cap are met.
New marketing team has been created.

Club needs support of fans, club needs members.

Quote "Please consider coming to last two games"

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Mostly just the same shit we've been hearing from him every other time he's spoken thus far by the sounds of it. It would hold a bit more weight if he had some time frames on when he expects this stuff to actually be achieved. Without that, it's really just hollow rhetoric.

It's all well and good to say "the business is a mess" ... ok, that's fine Brian - but when do you expect that it won't be? What's the f**king plan?

Burns

First Grade
Briam says look at your seats for the new strategic plan. On our seats ate posters. Brian: " Well the plan will come eventually!"

The plan does not feature the clubs email address.

Crowd laughs. Brian laughs
I Sigh.

Burns

First Grade
Gidley to unveil the strategic plan now. Gidley speaks fast. Still amazing seeing an ex Australian player as our CEO.

perverse

Referee
Some clubs have never won a comp, that's no f**king benchmark... I'm glad I'm not there, my chair would be melting underneath me.

Burns

First Grade
Gidley talking about fan survey from last year. Is that what Nuffy said when he met with board?

Heard this before :/

When matt said we want local.players crowd shouted yet. Shouted louder when Matt said the survey wanted passionate players.

Burns

First Grade
A video is now playing.

It's isn't working. Not sure how to press play.the video has been called off

The Plan and Video will be online on website after forum.