What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

Noname36

First Grade
Joey was still coaching the halves for quite a few years after he retired and deadset owes this club nothing at all. Manly coaching aside, Joey is seen as an expert of the game by most and is paid as such. If I were Hagan I'd have used Joey's comments as fuel for the boys to prove Joey wrong but typical of the lack of accountability in the joint he's chosen to get all defensive and chuck a hissy fit

Joey openly said that he left us to go and coach Manly because they had more money than we did. He may not owe the club anything but still, you cant deny it was a blow to the guts of the club and the fans given who he is and our history with Manly.

I can understand why people like Hagan wouldn't exactly appreciate his input given the way he voluntarily cut his ties with the club. For once I take no issue with Hagan's comments there.

Matt Gidley's reaction to speculation around Stone's job was what I expected. Same with Hagan responding to Joey's criticism of the club. He is a former skipper like Hagan himself. He gave Hagan a premiership along with a lot of other dyed in the wool Knights. he should have listened to Johns. Not dismissed it.

Nuffy

Bench
Joey openly said that he left us to go and coach Manly because they had more money than we did. He may not owe the club anything but still, you cant deny it was a blow to the guts of the club and the fans given who he is and our history with Manly.

I can understand why people like Hagan wouldn't exactly appreciate his input given the way he voluntarily cut his ties with the club. For once I take no issue with Hagan's comments there.

Please confirm this regarding money as I dont recall that.

I do recall that he had said that his media career was Sydney based and the travel wouldn't be pratical.

I also imagine that having a young child and some marital challenges would have played a big part.

Frankly for all his foibles, the bloke has done more for the club than any other single person, he made us ultra competitive for a decade and delivered two premierships, he was crowned an immortal after his time with our club so his opinion is worth 20 times that of a Hagan or Stone.

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't care what Joey is doing to make a living, his opinion is as valid as anyone's. Forget about him coaching manly and remember this is the greatest player in the history of the game, a bloke we named a grandstand after and probably the single reason the club is still around, I think he's more than earned his right to an opinion. If he was singing their praises I bet Hages would be basking in it

Joker's Wild

Coach
No way will we merge with the Central Coast. I don't think the clubs existence is in any danger regardless of our shitty performances. There will always be a team in Newcastle.

Merging with the CC does not mean the non-existence of the club. The team will still be in Newcastle, just less so

Its about much much more than the team putting in shitty performances on the field. We are running at a loss, key internal roles are going to the cheapest and less qualified candidates, the old boys mentality is rife and the club has a serious disconnect issue with its supporter base.

We need to expand our supporter base and the business exposure. The running off a chook raffle days have got to end for this club to stay competitive. At some point someone has to take a realistic assessment of the clubs situation and make a realistic call on the future

Joker's Wild

Coach
Please confirm this regarding money as I dont recall that.

I do recall that he had said that his media career was Sydney based and the travel wouldn't be pratical.

I also imagine that having a young child and some marital challenges would have played a big part.

Frankly for all his foibles, the bloke has done more for the club than any other single person, he made us ultra competitive for a decade and delivered two premierships, he was crowned an immortal after his time with our club so his opinion is worth 20 times that of a Hagan or Stone.

I also remember him mentioning he felt he was "living in a fishbowl" when in Newcastle and it being a big driver to getting out of the place.

I honestly dont rate Joey as a coach too much and I couldnt give a rats if he is involved with our club or not. Its that kind of stuff that we all complain about regularly on here, the "Old Boys" mentality. The guy has a great footy mind however and has his right to an opinion, one which I totally agree with him on.

Whats Doing

Bench
Every business needs to expand in order to survive. With dwindling spectator numbers and limited corporate sponsorships in Newcastle, an expansion to include the Central Coast is a logical move in we want to be a perennial top 8 side instead of the current situation of a perennial bottom 8 side.

Yosh

Coach
One day we're gonna be so far up sh*t creek in debt that something has to be done. Either we'll close up shop or we'll merge with the Central Coast or we'll probably be relocated to the Central Coast.

Can't see how a merger is bad in any way... It's literally an hours drive away...

Nuffy

Bench
Okay so I have started a gmail account and twitter account.

Twitter is @knightsrebuild

Gmail knightsrebuild@gmail.com

So those who want to be part of it, send an email and follow on twitter.

First step is I think we need to assemble a list of people to follow on twitter so we can interact and raise questions. Journos, club members, club staff.

Second, we need a list of email addresses, same thing, journo's etc so we can get the message out.

I'd prefer to strategise away from here, perhaps we can do it via email for simplicity.

I think we need to develop an initial message of what we are about and what we expect.

Do we need a facebook page?

Again the process is not about individual players, it is about the club, its structure and future.

Let me know what you think.

ryana87

Juniors

First step is I think we need to assemble a list of people to follow on twitter so we can interact and raise questions. Journos, club members, club staff.

Second, we need a list of email addresses, same thing, journo's etc so we can get the message out.

I'd prefer to strategise away from here, perhaps we can do it via email for simplicity.

I think we need to develop an initial message of what we are about and what we expect.

Again the process is not about individual players, it is about the club, its structure and future.

Never used twitter, but want to do my part... Can someone please let me know what is required of me?

otori

Juniors

It would definitely be a good idea to pen at least a basic communication strategy if you want to be heard. Really identify your key stakeholders, what the communication objectives are, what your key messages are and the tactics you use including social media will come from that. Jumping around with hashtags in front of journos isn't likely to go far as even regional journos get bombarded with tweets, media releases and hashtags all day long.

Nuffy

Bench
I'm putting something together over the weekend to circulate.

Please use the email and twitter so I can circulate to those who are interested.

Latest posts