What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

Knightmare

Coach
I got plans to take a banner to the Broncos game, sit in the Knights bay and raise it every time Brisbane score. I hope we get a hiding and the cameras pick it up...

Crowd average is now around 15500. About 2k less than last season, or around 12%.

We are down 18% on 2013 and 26% on 2012

Our lowest is 14792 in 2010, we will smash that this year

slotmachine

First Grade
Mamo
McManus
Gagai
Sione
Aku
Mullen
Roberts
Snowden
Clydesdale
Paea
Tariq
Rochow
Korbin

Randall
Houston
Stockwell
Tapine

Spoon?

Swarzey

Bench
That's better than a spoon.

Who are the Wests Tigers getting? What changes are Manly making to better their season for 2016? Parramatta have an obvious culture problem that may or may not change because of one player's arrival. The Sharks are in a very similar position that we are but they're still going to have a waste like Ben Barba on the books. Who are the Titans bringing in to think that they're going to have a better season than this or really any since 2010?

Yeah, that side isn't going to be top 8, it isn't going to be consistent, but that's better than other sides.

Noname36

First Grade
Crowd average is now around 15500. About 2k less than last season, or around 12%.

We are down 18% on 2013 and 26% on 2012

Our lowest is 14792 in 2010, we will smash that this year

Let's hope it keeps dropping and dropping. I certainly won't be renewing my membership next year. After last year I shouldn't have ever renewed it for this one.

Noname36

First Grade
In all honesty I think it's the playing squad more than the coach. Bennett and Stone have both failed miserably with this mob after proving themselves to get results in the past (Bennett obviously more so than Stone). I have no issue with Stone getting sacked (I was vocal against his appointment to begin with) but I don't think it'll make any difference whatsoever. The players are f**ked. It's a culture problem that extends well beyond the firstgrade coach.

Post it on the 2 mighty knights pages and you will get banned. I am banned from both for speaking negatively about the team

undertaker

Coach
In all honesty I think it's the playing squad more than the coach. Bennett and Stone have both failed miserably with this mob after proving themselves to get results in the past (Bennett obviously more so than Stone). I have no issue with Stone getting sacked (I was vocal against his appointment to begin with) but I don't think it'll make any difference whatsoever. The players are f**ked. It's a culture problem that extends well beyond the firstgrade coach.

Wouldn't do any harm sacking the whole team and start from scratch, like what Singapore did with their basketball team a few years ago.

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench

I really hate the mentioning of Bennett. After what the club went through last season, it's really no surprise we had the season we did. I don't think Bennett failed with the squad, he just didn't have the chance to finish the job he started...or didn't want to. Either way, same result.

There is no pressure at the club. Why would Stone put any pressure on the players if he himself isn't under pressure from the CEO? Why does Leilua have a moment or two of brilliance yet for the remainder of the game stink it up? He knows his position is safe. I've seen enough players over the last two months give a f**k and have a dig to try and change our fortunes and they're generally the same ones (Sims brothers, Gagai, Clydsdale, Stockwell and to a lesser extent Gidley) yet they're heavily outweighed by incompetence and laziness from the rest.

We need a CEO who will pressure the coach to make changes, who will identify better players and the not make the excuse of "local talent". Even if Stone stays, getting rid of Gidley would be a big, big step in the right direction.

And I advise people to sign this:

https://www.change.org/p/brian-mcgu...-newcastle-knights-head-coach-sack-rick-stone

Noname36

First Grade
I really hate the mentioning of Bennett. After what the club went through last season, it's really no surprise we had the season we did. I don't think Bennett failed with the squad, he just didn't have the chance to finish the job he started...or didn't want to. Either way, same result.

There is no pressure at the club. Why would Stone put any pressure on the players if he himself isn't under pressure from the CEO? Why does Leilua have a moment or two of brilliance yet for the remainder of the game stink it up? He knows his position is safe. I've seen enough players over the last two months give a f**k and have a dig to try and change our fortunes and they're generally the same ones (Sims brothers, Gagai, Clydsdale, Stockwell and to a lesser extent Gidley) yet they're heavily outweighed by incompetence and laziness from the rest.

We need a CEO who will pressure the coach to make changes, who will identify better players and the not make the excuse of "local talent". Even if Stone stays, getting rid of Gidley would be a big, big step in the right direction.

And I advise people to sign this:

https://www.change.org/p/brian-mcgu...-newcastle-knights-head-coach-sack-rick-stone

What about the other two seasons? 2012 we were awful and 2013 we just scraped into the finals. We've been unsuccessful for a long time mate. If Bennett, who is known as a great man manager couldn't get good results out of these players I don't think anyone will.

I agree with undertaker...sack everyone and start again.

Swarzey

Bench
What about the other two seasons? 2012 we were awful and 2013 we just scraped into the finals. We've been unsuccessful for a long time mate. If Bennett, who is known as a great man manager couldn't get good results out of these players I don't think anyone will.

I agree with undertaker...sack everyone and start again.

2012 I personally expected. New coach with a much, much different style of football inconsistency and a lack of a real joyful season didn't surprise me. He could do it at the Dragons because they already had a phenomenal side. He has done it this year because the way they played never changed since he left. It's painfully obvious and was so since day one that he had the toughest challenge of his coaching career at us. He didn't have the luxury of an entire city and it's surrounding suburbs to pull top talent from, he didn't have the privilege of walking into a club already established for him to take that final step. He had to build this club and fix a lot of confidence issues.

2013 shaped up to be disappointing and yeah we scraped into the finals but you can't honestly say that for the last 10 weeks of the competition we played some fantastic football. We scraped into the 8, but if just scraping in was any real reflection of the season we had, then we should have been booted out week one. But we weren't, we played the most dominate brand of football in week one of the finals. We should have been booted out at week two...but we weren't...we won in a place for years we suffered defeat after defeat.

Does it suck that Bennett didn't deliver the results people wanted? Of course, but you can't seriously turn a blind eye to the troubles we faced and then use seasons where unless you had incredible expectations of success as a reason for failure. Considering what a lot of people are more than happy to do here, I tend to assume 2014 would have been the consistent year we wanted and possibly the result we all hoped for. Why? Because the way we finished 2013, the sort of football we played in the final 10 weeks and for two weeks of the finals was much, much better than the side had played since 2006.

God help you if you can't admit that at some point, regardless of the lack of success ,we were a f**king fine football side and I consider form over more than just a few weeks, win, lose or draw to be a fine effort.

Swarzey

Bench
As disgraceful as that page may be, it should be posted with the attempt to convince them to get behind it. The more people that are able to get behind it, the louder the voice for change will be. Despite how delusional and how worthless it may be, it's worth the effort; pissing people off and cutting off a number fans (regardless of our opinions we all want what's best for the club) doesn't help.