What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

More mention of Nathan Brown being linked to Knights coaching job in Rothfield's weekend roundup column. Nothing other than rumour though.

JD wrote an article for LU about fans taking to social media, but didn't mention the page. Someone posted it in the comments though

Zoidberg

First Grade
I can't see Stone being flat out fired. Brown (or whoever) may just be brought in to "help out".

Burns

First Grade
Well you can't deal logically with some Knights fans. The Nothing But Knights Facebook Page, (which may be the largest?) has ignored everyone who was calling out a status which stated "The fans should be more patient".

I posted a few comments but apparently we should have simply enjoyed 2013 and not rush into change.

Nuffy

Bench
You know there is a growing level of unhappiness.

Every Knights article in the Newcastle Herald is getting negative comments, its unheard of frankly.

The club is asking for trouble by just drifting along and hoping for the best.

Nuffy

Bench
Regarding the movement, i have prepared a general statement, happy to email to anyone for their review.

I really need help with the twitter journo targets. I'll start following them and engaging with them to see if we can get some traction.

Tony Adams (the Mole), The Lurker, rothfield, Weidler, Massoud are the blokes to start Tweeting as they will usually reply or at least investigate. I often tweet the Mole and he is pretty good at replies. Weidler is ok sometimes. Rothfield generally will block if u piss him off. Good luck. I have been trying to get them to bring up and debate the general management of the club. I personally believe Dillon and Keeble backed themselves into a corner over their criticisms of Tinkler and Bennett. They look hypocritical criticising the current setup coz they basically advocated for it.

Wato

Juniors
As far journos or commentators go Matt rodwell( not sure if his on Twitter),frank Barrett(is on Twitter), the newcastle herald guys and perhaps even David Collins from kofm would be good places to start who have a large local audience. The other journo worth contacting would be steve mascord he was the one who gave the save our saints movement coverage otherwise attempting to contact people like dan Ginane( pretty sure I misspelt that) form triple m, paul Kent, James hooper and any other prominent journalist. Perhaps targeting journalists who are know to have butted heads with the current management or nrl managerment may be advantageous as they may see this as opportunity to have a go at them.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Paul Kent might be a good one to bombard considering he's one of the few in the media that have talked about our culture problem and lack of desire for success.

Noname36

First Grade
Guys that also have a bit of a presence in the media through television (Kent, Hooper, Gould, etc) would be good ones to reach through Twitter.

ryana87

Juniors
Would it be a good idea to get some banners printed for the home games...... I'd be more than happy to chip in a few bucks (as I'm sure alot of us would be) to get some printed

stormbati

Bench
Not a Knights fan but love watching them for the Fijian connection.
Have to say I like #rebuildthecastle as mentioned earlier.
Surprised J.Smith was resigned as they DO need to rebuild.
Gidley
Uate
McManus
Mullen
And few others to start off

Toohey stated in his Sunday column that the dogs are barking and unless Stone grows a set and starts rocketing players he is not going to improve things. He can see the issues. This is one of Stone's chief supporters in the media mind you. I think another loss or two and things are going to heat up. Hopefully it will be the fanbase coming around to reality. We can only wait. Brown is a very good option in my view. A proven improver of players. Huddersfield went from shit to diamonds under his coaching.

Noname36

First Grade
At least Brown would slap them in the face for their shit performances unlike the cuddles they've been used to.

I will say again though that I don't think simply changing the head coach is the answer here. History has shown that the majority of the current crop of players simply have no fire in their bellies or an ability to be motivated...this of course made worse by them being rewarded for it with large contracts. I can almost guarantee with this crop of players the next coach will fail miserably too while the players live to see yet another day with probably even bigger contracts.

The fact that so many of them got upgrades this year after how poorly they played last season says a lot about why our culture is so bad.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Its not a matter of getting rid of the players, they are all capable of winning and playing for each other when properly motivated. From the looks of things right now there are 2 major issues. 1. A lack of accountability from the coaching staff. 2. A lack of leadership on the field

We need a coach who will not be their best mate and will actually hold the players accountable for sub par on field performances as well as a strong leadership group that will keep the guys in line when the going gets tough, one that has a winning or at least a no backwards step mentallity

Changing one without the other will lead to nothing