What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

This article more than anything shows that the club is finished as a force, we'll make up the numbers or fade away and be replaced by a new CC / Hunter team.

Does Quayle actually know that we haven't produced a decent crop of juniors for a decade and thats why we are in this situation?

We are done...................

But but the research shows juniors are the way to go. Who are we to argue with the research?! It must be right. They must be onto something.

Maybe the NRLs plan is to run us into the ground so they can justify a merger with the cc. I'm not one for conspiracy theory's but there's got to be a reason why they are doing this to the club.

Nuffy

Bench
Maybe the NRLs plan is to run us into the ground so they can justify a merger with the cc. I'm not one for conspiracy theory's but there's got to be a reason why they are doing this to the club.

I'm not sure that the NRL really care either way but it would be a neat solution for them.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Im all for a good conspiracy theory, but i dont understand what the point of this would be.....

Apey

Staff member
Dat research. Knight's nannas & Mighty Knights facebook groups for sure.

Swarzey

Bench
Speechless. Just speechless.

Let's assume that the club is right and we've fixed up our junior development; the system will see better talent is retained and they end up being the quality players we want them to be. To be a premiership force, which he says, is four, five maybe even six years away and if the club is so insistent on relying on them, then they're going to walk into a side that's at the bottom of the ladder and it's simply hard to imagine them adjusting to the NRL standard with ease in a beaten side.

IF that's their long term goal, to have a club with rich junior talent leading the side then I'm happy to support it, I really am but not if it means that the next few years are going to be filled with mediocrity and plenty of missed opportunities. Simply having the players at the club to help ease the transition between generation now and generation next would be enough. Otherwise, it's going to be a spectacular failure.

Tom155

Coach
Man that article is truly depressing to read. What an absolute basket case of a club the Knights are.
Yep if anyone still goes to games stop going, vote with your feet & don't renew your membership, encourage others to do the same.

But hey it's all good the junior's will save us :roll: it's not like we have tried & failed with that theory already.

We are heading the exact same direction as we were going pre tinkler including the massive debts if things don't change which as we all know is very unlikely.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Well, that'll do me. I don't know how to support a club that's ready to sit there and spout that nonsense. They don't care if they win or not, and I kinda feel like they're just making shit up to justify it. Everyone should pull their wallets out of the club immediately, if they haven't already.

voltron

Juniors
I think we need to get rid of Mullen and Uate
If we have no money, then its tied up with these guys.
the Panthers had to make huge unpopular decisions to go in that direction.
I think we might have to do something similar....

No season renewal for me. That is a highly surprising and very disappointing response from Quayle who has sacked underperformers plenty of time in the past as an administrator. Absolutely out of touch and Stone can now sit back and be the out of his depth Yes Man he is for the next 18 months. If you are willing to wear this then you deserve every bit of failure that comes your way. Quayle should stop distorting known facts. Stone was not terminated. He was demoted and it was on the grounds he got first crack at the job IF Bennett left.

Last edited:

Alex28

Coach
The run of juniors in the 90's might actually end up killing the club. Because we once got a run of fantastic juniors that won 2 premierships means that is the only way forward for us ever.

That run of juniors will never happen again. Ever. And while we plod along and be mediocre the next batch of juniors will have no enthusiasm to want to play for the Knights. Losing the fans waiting for the next great batch of juniors to win us a premiership is a disaster.

Whats Doing

Bench
Is dinosaur Quayle still frozen in the ice age.

I don't recall the fans being consulted on who should be the coach. This was a board's decision based on their own developed critieria which resulted in only 1 candidate meeting it.

Quayle is quite comfortable that the Knights will languish down the bottom of the table whilst in some forlorn hope that the juniors will eventually get the team to be competing for the premiership. Talk about pie in the sky stuff.

Sorry but the fans and sponsors who all put in their hard earn money and time simply deserve better. They demand the club be run professionally and not some chook raffle operation as it appears now.

The fans and sponsors demand that they are competitive each and every season and not there to just make up the numbers.

The problem with this club is that there is NO ACCOUNTABILITY.

This starts at the top with the Board of Directors.

The club is going backwards in team performance, recruitment, crowds and financial well being.

Each of the business units should have key performance indicators and if they fail to produce, move them on and get people who are results and performance driven.

The club and the Board don't appear to care about performance so why should we.

The crowds are already walking away with their feet and wallets.

Frederick

Staff member
Our only hope is that Quayle is using the old "the coach has our full support" throwaway line, which means in reality stone is a dead man walking

Rod

Bench
I think we need to get rid of Mullen and Uate
If we have no money, then its tied up with these guys.
the Panthers had to make huge unpopular decisions to go in that direction.
I think we might have to do something similar....

By all reports Mullen isn't on that much relatively speaking, if anything with the money halves attract these days we're paying him less than market value.

If you lose Beau Scott, Kurt Gidley and Joey Leilua from your cap and can only afford Mickey Paea and 'promoting juniors' in return, the problem certainly doesn't lie with how much Mullen is on.

I wonder what juniors they plan on being the saviours of this club? There are certainly none on the horizon that's for sure.

slotmachine

First Grade
Ha, that is a fantastic article from Quayle.

Shut up and enjoy the spoon you ignorant hicks, you got what you asked for!

But seriously, if that is the type of thinking our board have this initiative will struggle to get any traction. Especially if the majority of the fan base share it. Maybe people are happy to watch local players run 12th every year.

K-Man

Bench
I'll play Devil's Advocate against myself (since I think we're f****). But a few years from now, is this what Quayle is putting his hopes on:

1. Mamo
2. Uate
3. Gagai
4. S Mata'utia
5. C Mata'utia
6. Lamb
7. Roberts / Feeney / Cogger
8. K Sims
9. Levi
10. Stockwell
11. Tapine
12. T Sims
13. Rochow

14. Randell
15. Fitzgibbon
16. Yates
17. Vaivai

Half that side is relatively unseen / unproven in first grade, so I suppose it could go either way. It doesn't inspire me all that much confidence, but I can't categorically say that is a bad team in 2017/18.

There are a lot of maybes though:
- Sims brothers consistent rep level forwards leading our pack
- Tapine kicks on and shows juniors form
- Levi and Lamb can make the step up to be spine players of NRL quality
- Any of those halfbacks can be consistent
- Mamo develops into a fullback not just a one-trick pony good ball runner

So much maybe.

Latest posts