What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gazzamatta

Coach
Correct,

The SG Ball Competition has us winning 14 times with 9 times as runner up. (Since 1965)

Then Flegg we have won 3 times and 6 more times as runner up (Since 1961)

The Presidents cup we had never won as far as Wiki can tell me and we were in the last grand final in 1996 and I know we won the Presidents cup as Wenty when we won the 3 on the trott because I got to drink out of it that night at Wenty Leagues

So the problem seems to be as they get older we drop off.
Coaching and development. Definitely need to upskill the ppl we have developing our kids.

Sure, but let’s remember we’re talking about these results over 40 to 60 years. You can’t really tell me that it’s only been the coaching or development people that have been the problem.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Sure, but let’s remember we’re talking about these results over 40 to 60 years. You can’t really tell me that it’s only been the coaching or development people that have been the problem.
Take your point but somethings not right and it appears to be ingrained. Anyway new exciting times ahead. Im carefully optimistic about the future. Some more chess pieces yet to fall however.

Gazzamatta

Coach
And wtf happened yesterday in the Cup game where our boys forced a line drop out followed by a huge stink in the in goal then a penalty to The Jets.
Boods was involved and a Jet got right in his face mouthing off. Lots of man handling then not sure who but I think it was pink head who charged in to protect Boods and all hell broke loose.
I guessed The Jet may have been mouthing off about Boods Dad etc. Was quite emotional. Anyone get a clearer look?

King-Gutho94

Coach
And wtf happened yesterday in the Cup game where our boys forced a line drop out followed by a huge stink in the in goal then a penalty to The Jets.
Boods was involved and a Jet got right in his face mouthing off. Lots of man handling then not sure who but I think it was pink head who charged in to protect Boods and all hell broke loose.
I guessed The Jet may have been mouthing off about Boods Dad etc. Was quite emotional. Anyone get a clearer look?
The Jets player probably said to Boods you will never score a try in a NRL GF like your big bro and Boods lost it.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The Jets player probably said to Boods you will never score a try in a NRL GF like your big bro and Boods lost it.
The Jet was absolutely smashing Boods verbally then pink head lost it. Was right in front of me. Really unsettled Boods for sure. At games end he walked off in the corner alone. Not a soul near him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just call it as I see it Gronky. I dont care about other teams performances. They have no relevance.
They definitely have relevance. They let you observe things dispassionately and might even allow you to question your assumptions about cause and effect.

We-lost-and-therefore-Cayless-is-shit sounds fine until you have a look at some other team losing. Plenty rate Fitzgibbon and his side has got flogged. But somehow it's nothing to do with his failure and it's all about Barrett and Brendan Hands. That kind of logic belongs on a footy forum ffs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Riff are 3 wins ahead of us, still a long way to go.

We left 6 points out there, and the wingers each let in an extra try a peice.

Lorenzo will get better, but our depth is an issue and has been for a while. We all know who you blame, but I now wonder what will happen in the next month to see us meet salary cap expectations.
Some of our best players in reserve grade aren't in the top thirty, so they could always just be upgraded for the rest of the year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Correct,

The SG Ball Competition has us winning 14 times with 9 times as runner up. (Since 1965)

Then Flegg we have won 3 times and 6 more times as runner up (Since 1961)

The Presidents cup we had never won as far as Wiki can tell me and we were in the last grand final in 1996 and I know we won the Presidents cup as Wenty when we won the 3 on the trott because I got to drink out of it that night at Wenty Leagues

So the problem seems to be as they get older we drop off.
Rather than 'dropping off', consider that our rivals take it more seriously as the players get older. One of the reasons is the enforceability of contracts for minors. Prior to turning 18 you can't really sign them out of the player market.

parra pete

Referee
What has happened to Sam Loizou..scored 5 tries in Round 1? Is he injured or has he switched Clubs?
And does anyone know the story why Samuel Hughes never played ANY grade when he was a top 30 listed player...switched to Bulldogs and regularly in first grade.

JokerEel

Coach
What has happened to Sam Loizou..scored 5 tries in Round 1? Is he injured or has he switched Clubs?
And does anyone know the story why Samuel Hughes never played ANY grade when he was a top 30 listed player...switched to Bulldogs and regularly in first grade.

Sam Loizou - I am sure got injured a few weeks back now

Samuel Hughes - not entirely sure he probably didn't have the right attitude that fit in with BA.