What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L.A Noire

..and this is related to video games because?

because stone cold said so

deal_with_it_retro_poster-p228794241049224992vni63_152.jpg

loaded up GTA IV on pc with beastly graphics you console kiddies can only dream of, 32 player multiplayer ftw

you will never play a bit in la noire as intense as playing the bank robbery mission in GTA IV

Rat_02--article_image.jpg

enjoy your shitty linear cop movie game

and you support munchen you hypocrite......

I bet you went for germany in the wc2010 match against australia too

Do you know what the meaning of hypocrite is? I am not telling people to support the local team like you. You never answered my question, played the game yet? I bet you failed the training in Driver :lol:

Do you know what the meaning of hypocrite is? I am not telling people to support the local team like you. You never answered my question, played the game yet? I bet you failed the training in Driver :lol:

for teams/sports not in the country its ok to follow whoever you want.

but when you live in an area that has a local team, you must support them regardless, you don't pick and choose, especially a team not in the area that you have zero connection to.

CC_Eagle

First Grade

but when you live in an area that has a local team, you must support them regardless, you don't pick and choose, especially a team not in the area that you have zero connection to.

You're on your own there.

I've been a Manly supporter since I was eight, and live on the Central Coast. Even I ignored the Northern Eagles.

lol @ picking and choosing who to support and who not to support. That's even funnier than being a bitch ass with 3 accounts on LU.

lol @ picking and choosing who to support and who not to support. That's even funnier than being a bitch ass with 3 accounts on LU.

no wonder you have no passion, your club is full of fairweather fans like yourself that don't turn up to games if they lose and barely make games if they win.

crying for the mods won't help you get any passion, kid

lol @ you

Firey_Dragon

Coach
you should be more concerned with games being rushed out to meet deadlines, leaving problems going unfixed on release then having to wait forever for a patch. Don't hate online gaming, it adds longevity to a game. There are bigger issues with the industry.
A large part of the reason games are pushed out the door early is due to the fact that they are so online driven. Very rarely does a big budget game come out with a show-stopper bug in the single player capability, it's more often than not in the multplayer facet

if the game has superb singleplayer like GTA then it doesn't really a need an online, but when you make a game like la noire, you play through the linear singleplayer then there is nothing left to do.. atleast Portal 2 had co-op and they will be adding a free DLC with more maps..

I don't see how they can add to la noire to get people to keep playing it, TBH, one play through and never touching it again does not justify spending money on a game not only for me but alot of people.
So in otherwords, you like sandbox games. A good game necessarily doesn't need to have the replay value you speak of. A video game costs $90, about the same as seeing 5 movies at the cinema, how many hours does one need to invest their life in a game before they see it as a worthwhile purchase? 20 hours or 1000 hours?

It doesn't matter if you cannot justify spending money on the game, many can and will. Believe it or not, many people do not like jumping on Xbox LIVE and play COD for 6 hours a night against 12 year olds who have a terrible grasp on the english language.

the least they can do it as a free roam in la noire for the gta junkies lol
Umm..... They do. You just can't randomly kill people as you are the good guy.

Last edited:
A large part of the reason games are pushed out the door early is due to the fact that they are so online driven. Very rarely does a big budget game come out with a show-stopper bug in the single player capability, it's more often than not in the multplayer facet.

ah yes it's onlines fault lol

the game is not 100% ready and gets rushed out the door and somehow it's the fault of the online feature..............

btw this game has some bugs and slow framerate, so hardly 100%

So in otherwords, you like sandbox games. A good game necessarily doesn't need to have the replay value you speak of. A video game costs $90, about the same as seeing 5 movies at the cinema, how many hours does one need to invest their life in a game before they see it as a worthwhile purchase? 20 hours or 1000 hours?.

I like different types of games, I mentioned the sand box style here because we are talking about a game under the rockstar name.

and to answer your question, 20 hours (or 1 play through) is not enough

It doesn't matter if you cannot justify spending money on the game, many can and will. Believe it or not, many people do not like jumping on Xbox LIVE and play COD for 6 hours a night against 12 year olds who have a terrible grasp on the english language.

ah yes now I'm being thrown into the cod kiddies bunch. Never mind the fact PC games birthed the FPS genre and companies left us for dead for watered down console ports we now see.

I played tactical shooters like Rainbow 6 Raven shield, Operation Flashpoint and obscure mods of games I doubt even the pc gamers here would have heard of.

Umm..... They do. You just can't randomly kill people as you are the good guy.

what I'm supposed to walk around after I finish the game and wave to people?

:/

Last edited:

Must have missed the memo.

I support Brisbane and live in Auckland. Always have done, always will do, my step dadlived in Brisbane when the Broncos started up and when he came on the scene with us, "indoctrinated" me, as my mum puts it lol! In 1995 when the Warriors came into the comp, my old man switched his alleigence to go with the local side where as I stayed on with the Broncs. I've had a season ticket to the Warriors since 1995, have a shitload of merchandise and have followed them around NZ when they have played in Christchurch, Wellington, Hamilton, Rotorua etc, as well as over in Australia, because I love the code and want to see it prosper here in NZ. But when push comes to shove, I'll back Locky and the boys through and through.

So do us all a favour dude, and get the c**k out of your mouth. if you love the code and support the code, who gives a f**k about the reasons.

Must have missed the memo.

I support Brisbane and live in Auckland. Always have done, always will do, my step dadlived in Brisbane when the Broncos started up and when he came on the scene with us, "indoctrinated" me, as my mum puts it lol! In 1995 when the Warriors came into the comp, my old man switched his alleigence to go with the local side where as I stayed on with the Broncs. I've had a season ticket to the Warriors since 1995, have a shitload of merchandise and have followed them around NZ when they have played in Christchurch, Wellington, Hamilton, Rotorua etc, as well as over in Australia, because I love the code and want to see it prosper here in NZ. But when push comes to shove, I'll back Locky and the boys through and through.

if you supported them before the warriors came in the comp then that is fair enough, if you understood what I was saying you would realise I'm not having a go at you, but people who start following league and have a team already in their area but decide to follow an out of town team...

Firey_Dragon

Coach
ah yes it's onlines fault lol

the game is not 100% ready and gets rushed out the door and somehow it's the fault of the online feature..............

btw this game has some bugs and slow framerate, so hardly 100%
In my experience it runs pretty smoothly. The controls can be cumbersome at times but that's as far as it goes.

And no I didn't blame it on the online feature. I said games typically get released with more issues with the online aspect over single player (there are less external factors ruining the experience), match making, lag and frame rates are all something that are much harder to control in a multiplayer environment.

I hate to break it to you. Games are never 100% ready, its the nature of the industry. Deadlines and demands for new releases in a franchise guarantee that.

I like different types of games, I mentioned the sand box style here because we are talking about a game under the rockstar name.

and to answer your question, 20 hours (or 1 play through) is not enough
Does that mean every game EA releases has to be a sports title? Can't studios work with different styles of games? You mention portal 2 earlier, and that is nothing like it's predecessors and it doesn't really have that much replay value once you're done.

For a good game with a good story (or good gameplay mechanics), many people are happy with 20 hours of gameplay. Funnily enough, I find most FPS' boring after playing them for about 10 hours.

ah yes now I'm being thrown into the cod kiddies bunch. Never mind the fact PC games birthed the FPS genre and companies left us for dead for watered down console ports we now see.
Where did I mention PC games?

I played tactical shooters like Rainbow 6 Raven shield, Operation Flashpoint and obscure mods of games I doubt even the pc gamers here would have heard of.
Good for you. I couldn't care less about your history of gaming, this game clearly isn't aimed at you. If Rainbow Six Raven Shield is as far as you go back in terms of gaming in that genre you shouldn't really be bragging about it seem like it is something that is noteworthy.

yawn.

what I'm supposed to walk around after I finish the game and wave to people?

:/
Or you could look at other games after enjoying the experience.

Last edited:
In my experience it runs pretty smoothly. The controls can be cumbersome at times but that's as far as it goes..

and for others it is laggy and has choppy framerates, looks like you are trying to justify this pos game.

I hate to break it to you. Games are never 100% ready, its the nature of the industry. Deadlines and demands for new releases in a franchise guarantee that.. .

I wasn't the one claiming a game was 100%

Does that mean every game EA releases has to be a sports title? Can't studios work with different styles of games? You mention portal 2 earlier, and that is nothing like it's predecessors and it doesn't really have that much replay value once you're done..

portal 2 has co-op so it does have replay value but I'm guessing you have no mates to play it with or have xbl. They will be giving their customers a free dlc with more maps and will continue to do so in the future, adding to it's replayability.

portal 2 >>>>>>>>>> la noire

For a good game with a good story (or good gameplay mechanics), many people are happy with 20 hours of gameplay. Funnily enough, I find most FPS' boring after playing them for about 10 hours...

you sound like a boring person who thinks black ops is the be all of fps gaming..

Good for you. I couldn't care less about your history of gaming, this game clearly isn't aimed at you. If Rainbow Six Raven Shield is as far as you go back in terms of gaming in that genre you shouldn't really be bragging about it like seem it is something that is noteworthy....

bragging? please shut the f**k up you don't know what the f**k you are talking about. I stated the style of FPS games I play as you implied I was a cod xbl kiddie. please list some 'noteworthy' fps games though I'd love to hear it comming from someone who hates fps games..

Or you could look at other games after enjoying the experience.

not worth the money IMO.

Argh, enough of the troll.

How are people finding the interrogations? It seems like you should call most of the suspects as doubt but I found waiting for a bit after their statements gives more tells than when they speak because they get fidgity and usually look around or stare straight at you.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Enough talk! How's the game? Is it everything I ever hoped it would be? Seriously - I have been waiting for a true detective game ever since Dick Tracy on the SNES.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
and for others it is laggy and has choppy framerates, looks like you are trying to justify this pos game.
A crappy game that is averaging 8+ in all it's reviews.

I wasn't the one claiming a game was 100%
Really? You're the one complaining about bugs you've never experienced.

portal 2 has co-op so it does have replay value but I'm guessing you have no mates to play it with or have xbl. They will be giving their customers a free dlc with more maps and will continue to do so in the future, adding to it's replayability.

portal 2 >>>>>>>>>> la noire
I prefer portal 2 over la noire. It's a puzzle game though, once you beat it, irrespective of whether it is in co-op or not, the challenge is no longer there.

As for me having no friends to play on Xbox Live, thank you for your concern. I no longer have XBL nor have I logged into PSN for over a year because online gaming no longer interests me. I'd rather have a few mates over for some beers and have a few games of fifa than play some petulant 12 year old with a potty mouth from the US.

you sound like a boring person who thinks black ops is the be all of fps gaming..
Nope. But thank you for your ever-so accurate assumptions.

bragging? please shut the f**k up you don't know what the f**k you are talking about. I stated the style of FPS games I play as you implied I was a cod xbl kiddie. please list some 'noteworthy' fps games though I'd love to hear it comming from someone who hates fps games..
Where did I say I hate FPS games? I said I find most FPS games boring after a few hours. Your comprehension skills aren't the best are they chump?

not worth the money IMO.
And you're entitled to your opinion. No need to be aggressive in your posts or de-rail a discussion about the game with people who are actually interested in it.

Latest posts