What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ladder for 06

The Tank

Bench
1. St George Illawarra
2. Parramatta
3. Wests Tigers
4. Bulldogs
5. North Queensland
6. Brisbane
7. Newcastle
8. Melbourne
9. Manly
10. Roosters
11. Cronulla
12. Canberra
13. Warriors
14. Penrith
15. Souths

pantherz9103

First Grade
MrSharky said:
Roosters
Sharks
Eels
Dragons
Bulldogs
Broncos
Panthers
Storm
Cowboys
Tigers
Knights
Sea Eagles
Rabbitohs
Raiders
Warriors

:cool:

Roosters 1st? Who'll be halfback then? Anasta and Harrison won't improve them that much

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Tank said:
1. St George Illawarra
2. Parramatta
3. Wests Tigers
4. Bulldogs
5. North Queensland
6. Brisbane
7. Newcastle
8. Melbourne
9. Manly
10. Roosters
11. Cronulla
12. Canberra
13. Warriors
14. Penrith
15. Souths

Nice to see you've given up on them a year before 2006 season ends Tank :|

MrSharky

Juniors
pantherz9103 said:
Roosters 1st? Who'll be halfback then? Anasta and Harrison won't improve them that much

They still have a brilliant defensive strategy... and Soward will improve their attack...

Just my thoughts.

:cool:

Bumble

First Grade
I can't believe the wraps some people are giving us...that said, if you pick us for the spoon, you are either an idiot or a roosters fan...well, that is a prerequisite of being a Roosters fan.

1. Tigers
2. Dragons
3. Eels
4. Knights (depending on the obvious)
5. Broncos
6. Bulldogs
7. Rabbitohs
8. Cowboys
9. Eagles
10. Roosters
11. Sharks
12. Storm
13. Panthers
14. Warriors
15. Raiders

Pantherjim.

Referee
I'm so glad the vast majority of people here are writing Penrith off for 2006 and don't consider us a premiership threat.

Most people wrote us off imediately prior to season 2003 including one idiot called Phil Gould who predicted we would be wooden spooners, and look what happened. :badgrin:

Pantherjim.

aussies1st

Staff member
The Warriors, Panthers and Raiders are all being written off. The Warriors you never know as if they get back to their razzle dazzle stuff they will be in the top 8 at least. Panthers still have a lot of their team from 2003.
Raiders have talent in their forward pack just a question of how their halfback will go.

RainMan

Juniors
Pantherjim. said:
I'm so glad the vast majority of people here are writing Penrith off for 2006 and don't consider us a premiership threat.

Opposite to this year, Penrith were considered a top 8 prospect and failed dismally. Judging by Penriths lack of new signings to compensate for their losses, peoples opinions are probably rightly justified.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Alot depends on this year and the attitude of players that go close or win grand finals

1. Tigers
2. Dragons
3. Bulldogs
4. Eels
5. Broncos
6. Knights
7. Roosters
8. Sea Eagles
9. Cowboys
10. Storm
11. Sharks
12. Panthers
13. Rabbitohs
14. Raiders
15. Warriors

But it will be close

Jackal Dog

Juniors
1. Dragons
2. Eels
3. Tigers
4. Broncos
5. Storm
6. Bulldogs
7. Knights
8. Panthers

9. Cowboys
10. Manly
11. Roosters
12. Sharks
13. Raiders
14. Rabbitohs
15. Warriors

choc_soldier

Coach
RainMan said:
Opposite to this year, Penrith were considered a top 8 prospect and failed dismally. Judging by Penriths lack of new signings to compensate for their losses, peoples opinions are probably rightly justified.

Perhaps. But we still have the core of a bloody good team, one that can make the 8.

Having said that, I'm not expecting big things next year, such as premiership glory.

But then again, I was thinking the same thing this time in 2002... ;-)

thickos

First Grade
1. Eels
2. Dragons
3. Cowboys
4. Eagles
5. Knights
6. Tigers
7. Broncos
8. Sharks
9. Roosters
10. Raiders
11. Souths
12. Bulldogs
13. Storm
14. Panthers
15. Warriors

choc_soldier

Coach
I will wait until the end of the season before making my predictions. How the remaining 6 teams travel in the finals series could very well influence my rankings.

jimmy_pop

Juniors
THIS IS THE CERTAIN LADDER POSITION FOR 2006:

1. Broncos
2. Tigers
3. Knights
4. Souths
5. Dragons
6. Eels
7. Storm
8. Cowboys
9. Bulldogs
10. Panthers
11. Warriors
12. Eagles
13. Sharks
14. Raiders
15. Roosters

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
1) Dragons - will dominate again
2) Sharks - signings like Ross , Pomeroy on top of stars like Vagana and Covell and the sky is the limit.
3) EELS - Will remain strong
4) Tigers - similar year to this year.
5) Broncos - solid.
6) Knights - Will make top 6, dont have the all round team to go to the top.
7) Panthers - will improve
8) Storm - semis

9) Roosters - i dont liek them
10) Bulldogs - are only 1\17th of the sdie they were in 04
11) Cowboys - will go downhill , jaiman lowe has left the club
12) Manly - were found out late in the year and will stay mediocre.
13) Raiders - i dont rate them
14) Warriors - they have attitude problems, will finish poorly, but good in patches.
15) Rabbitohs - wont improve, losses are worse than there gains.

aussies1st

Staff member
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
1) Dragons - will dominate again
2) Sharks - signings like Ross , Pomeroy on top of stars like Vagana and Covell and the sky is the limit.
3) EELS - Will remain strong
4) Tigers - similar year to this year.
5) Broncos - solid.
6) Knights - Will make top 6, dont have the all round team to go to the top.
7) Panthers - will improve
8) Storm - semis

9) Roosters - i dont liek them
10) Bulldogs - are only 1\17th of the sdie they were in 04
11) Cowboys - will go downhill , jaiman lowe has left the club
12) Manly - were found out late in the year and will stay mediocre.
13) Raiders - i dont rate them
14) Warriors - they have attitude problems, will finish poorly, but good in patches.
15) Rabbitohs - wont improve, losses are worse than there gains.

You guys lost Noddy your star halfback, Sully also gone. I think its wooden spoon's the limit :)

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
we didnt loose noddy
and plus if noddy was out (which he isnt) we still have bird , dykes , aitken, kingston , covell who can slot into the halves

Big Mick

Referee
I think the bottom three will be Cronulla, Warriors and Storm.

Cronulla lost a lot of experience in key positions. I.E. David Peachey and Jason Stevens. While they signed Ben Ross...he has had a rather disappointing year himself.

Ben Pomeroy was supposed to be back in 3 weeks from a groin injury he sustained in New Zealand when we were away..since then he did not return. It is an injury that has the habit of re-occuring and causing problem's his whole career. So Cronulla overspent with that $200,000 they threw his way.

While the acquisition of Darren Albert is positive...the lack of a quality fullback to guide the team around the park is a worry. I think the Sharks are re-building in 2006 signing young players such as new recruit Pee Wee Moke etc for an assault on the premiership in 2007. I don't expect big things.

Warriors well...you can't lose a guy like Stacey Jones and be successful. He is an inspirational player and leader to the warriors who will be sorely missed. I feel Fein, Rovelli or Hohaia will have to step up in a HUGE way to even put the warriors on the radar for the 8. If they do...there is no telling where they can finish. They have the talent...but just not the attitude.

The Storm...Same as warriors. Young Cooper Cronk will have a lot of responsibility on his shoulders to carry this team. They will also be the most ill disciplined team in the competition with guys like Ben Cross, Michael Crocker and David Kidwell leading them around. They have also lost their strike centre, and inspirational Captain in Robbie Kearns. Matt Orford is a huge loss and if Scott Hill has his customary 15 games out of the seasons again...Storm could be in a heap of trouble. They are rebuilding also...but their backline has a lot of talent. Their forward pack is alright...but not enough discipline to threaten for the top 8.

The top 2 will be Parramatta and the Tigers. I feel the Tigers will win the comp next year. and I think these two will be the grand finalists without a shadow of a doubt.

The Tigers have bought so smartly and added to positions and added players who thrive and absolutely hammer at those positions. The loss of Pat Richards is huge, but the retention of Brett Hodgson, Benji Marshall, Scott Prince and Robbie Farah will prove vital for their success. Purchases such as Keith Galloway and Ryan O'Hara gives them much needed bulk up front and if O'Hara can somehow manage to stay fit the entire season...there is no telling how good he can be.

Big Mick

Referee
On the Raiders...just a sidenote.

They would have to have the youngest and most promising forward pack i've seen in a long time next year. They wont have a major impact next year...but wow, they have some good young players.

8. Michael Weyman 9. Simon Woolford 10. Troy Thompson
11. Alan Tongue 12. Josh Miller 13. Jason Croker
RES: 14. Dane Tilse 15. Tom Learoyd-Lars 16. Kris Kahler 17. Lincon Withers

Add to that guys like Willie Raston and Alan Rothery etc...they will, if they remain fit...will certainly get a lot better as the season progresses. Most already have first grade experience and they'll be all the better for it.

Latest posts