What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladder Predictions for 2012

Which teams will make the playoffs in 2012?

• Manly

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Warriors

Votes: 130 73.4%
  • Nth Qld

Votes: 105 59.3%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 96 54.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Canberra

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 145 81.9%
  • Souths

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 93 52.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Penrith

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 55 31.1%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 121 68.4%
  • Cronulla

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Canterbury

Votes: 51 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BranVan3000

Coach
Whats funny is the souths mob trying to blame Lang for your players playing like shit this season.
Cronulla finished worse than your lot. Im not blaming supercoach for our players not performing.

lol so the coach isn't accountable for structure, set plays, getting his halves up to speed, keeping the team motivated, keeping the team fit?

Because great coaches like Bellamy and Bennett do all of that. And Cronulla too would do a lot better with a superior coach

NAS

Juniors
Next year is the hardest year to pick I think because there are so many unknowns..Some of the top teams are weaker (considerably) and some of the bottom teams are stronger.

Injuries will also be a huge factor as will changes to the rules again.

Having said that, here's what I think.

1) Melbourne- Can't go past the big 3. They get Hoffman back and a few of their younger players will be better for this year.

2) Warriors- There's a dynasty building over there around a group of great young players, and Brian McLennan can coach.

3) Manly- I don't think they'll win it, but they'll still be thereabouts. Brett Stewart got better as the year went on. He'll be back to near his best next year.

4) Canberra- Campese will be back next year, and he'll make the world of difference. They no longer have to find a spot for Alan Tongue meaning the likes of Butriss and Waddell and Fensom can play how they should.

5) Newcastle- Initially I had them challenging, but Tinkler's form with his trainers at Patinak, suggests to me that there will be a drama up there at some point next year.

6) Souths- Sandow this, Sandow that....People are missing the point with souths I think. If Inglis can stay on the paddock next year (at fullback where he belongs) and Sam Burgess and Roy Asotasi return to that forward pack, then there's enough talent in that side, so that a young half can come into that team and simply throw the ball around. Issac Luke really only picked up his game in the latter half of the season.

7) Bulldogs- James Graham will give them what they need up front, as will Tapau, who I was impressed with on Sunday. They also get Michael Ennis back who does so much for them.

8) Nth Qld- This is a team that over achieved this year. As teams began to prepare properly for them, they started to struggle. That said, The brilliance of Thurston and Bowen cannot be denied.

9) Wests Tigers- Will scrape in on the brilliance of Marshall and Farah....though they need a fullback, and now probably another halfback. I can't see Blair making much of an impact to be honest.

10) Roosters- I think losing Carney and Myles will be a good thing for them. Pearce will regain form for next year, and they did have a solid run of form on the back end of the season.

11) Brisbane- History says that when you lose a player of the greatness of Lockyer, you simply don't just replace them (look at Fittler with the roosters as an example).

12) St George- Jamie Soward was already struggling before Bennett left. He's benefitted more than any player from Bennetts tutelage, but realistically, it's only a matter of time before he folds.

13) Cronulla- have bought well, but will miss their two big props, who's replacements I'm not yet sold on...They lack funding and it shows.

14) Gold Coast- Anyone else notice that the players that the coast have bought (with the exception of Douglas) all lack mental fortitude. Idris, Myles and Champion all have serious issues at times in games, and I can't see them moving forward. That said, their beacon of light could well be Aiden Sezar from the dogs, who's a quality 5/8.

15) Parramatta- I'm sorry, but does anyone really think that Stephen Kearney and Chris Sandow/Ben Roberts are a good fit? Sandow and Roberts are off the cuff players, who play ad lib. John Lang was perfect for Sandow because he encourages that style of play. Kearney is a methodical coach, and it's only a matter of time before these two butt heads.

16) Lost two thirds of their leadership group in Civonoceva and Waterhouse. New coach, who's likely to take time to stamp his authority. Gus doesn't have a good record in recruitment matters.

redvwhite

Juniors
Keep bagging Jamie Soward guys. In reality just about any club would take him if he was on offer. He may not be pretty but he's been great at what he does before, during and will be after Bennett. He wins matches. Have a cry.

BranVan3000

Coach
15) Parramatta- I'm sorry, but does anyone really think that Stephen Kearney and Chris Sandow/Ben Roberts are a good fit? Sandow and Roberts are off the cuff players, who play ad lib. John Lang was perfect for Sandow because he encourages that style of play. Kearney is a methodical coach, and it's only a matter of time before these two butt heads.
Kearney seems to do well with Marshall at International level. And Eels major problem this year was a lack of creative attack. Kearney may find these players are exactly what he needs. I don't think he'll have an easy solution for Sandow's brain farts and poor defence though

Keep bagging Jamie Soward guys. In reality just about any club would take him if he was on offer. He may not be pretty but he's been great at what he does before, during and will be after Bennett. He wins matches. Have a cry.

I would take him in a heartbeat.

M2D2

Bench
Cronulla wouldnt take him. To think we would take him is absolutely geniused.

Hes not a back rower.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
1. Manly Sea Eagles
2. North Queensland
3. New Zealand Warriors
4. Melbourne Storm
5. St. George Illawarra Dragons
6. Parramatta Eels
7. Newcastle Knights
8. Gold Coast Titans

9. Penrith Panthers
10. Sydney Roosters
11. Canberra Raiders
12. Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
13. Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
14. Wests Tigers
15. Brisbane Broncos
16. South Sydney Rabbitohs

blaza88z

Coach
1. Manly Sea Eagles
2. North Queensland
3. New Zealand Warriors
4. Melbourne Storm
5. St. George Illawarra Dragons
6. Parramatta Eels
7. Newcastle Knights
8. Gold Coast Titans

9. Penrith Panthers
10. Sydney Roosters
11. Canberra Raiders
12. Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
13. Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
14. Wests Tigers
15. Brisbane Broncos
16. South Sydney Rabbitohs

:lol:

best of the lot so far, Bunniesman is that you?

NAS

Juniors
Kearney seems to do well with Marshall at International level. And Eels major problem this year was a lack of creative attack. Kearney may find these players are exactly what he needs. I don't think he'll have an easy solution for Sandow's brain farts and poor defence though

The difference is that in an international environment, limited prep, it's the marshals that win you games...you don't over prep because you can't. Also that game plan was established by Wayne bennett. Kearney hasn't deviated from it (notwithstanding the upgrade from Fein to foran)

Ladmate

Bench
9) Wests Tigers- Will scrape in on the brilliance of Marshall and Farah....though they need a fullback, and now probably another halfback. I can't see Blair making much of an impact to be honest.

Is it a Top 9 now?

I agree with people saying this year is incredibly hard to pick. Using my ladder as an example, I could easily put any team from 5th-16th in and have as much credibility.

Jason Maher

Immortal
It's all pissing in the wind, but here goes:

1. Saints
2. Melbourne
3. Manly
4. Warriors
5. Canberra
6. Newcastle
7. Tigers
8. Parramatta
9. Souffs
10. Brisbane
11. Cowboys
12. Cronulla
13. Penrith
14. Roosters
15. Bulldogs
16. Titans

Fibroman

First Grade
1. Storm
2. Manly grubs
3. Stain Merge
4. Warriors
5. Brisbane
6. Tigers
7. Knights
8. Dogs

9. Bunnies
10. Cowgirls
11. Titans
12. Roosters
13. Sharks
14. Panthers

Coaster

Bench
No idea, but hasn't stopped everyone else.

1. Melbourne
2. Titans
3. Cowboys
4. Manly
5. Newcastle
6. Panthers
7. Souths
8. Parramatta

9. Broncos
10 Roosters
11 Tigers
12 Warriors
13 Stg
14 Canberra
15 Dogs
16 Sharks

Nothing against Sharkies , i am just guessing, and got to 16th team and had forgoten one, was you sorry

Eelectrica

Referee
My wild guess:
1. Bulldogs
2. Broncos
3. Cowboys
4. Dragons
5. Eels
6. Knights
7. Panthers
8. Rabbits
9. Raiders
10. Roosters
11. Sea Eagles
12. Sharks
13. Storm
14. Tigers
15. Titans
16. Warriors

Yep it's gonna end up in alphabetical order.

Inglis#3

Juniors
My Top 8:
1. Melbourne Storm
2. Manly Sea Eagles
3. West Tigers
4. Brisbane Broncos
5. Newcastle Knights
6. Gold Coast Titans
7. New Zealand Warriors
8. North Queensland Cowboys

9. South Sydney Rabbitohs
10. Parramatta Eels
11. Canberra Raiders
12. Canterbury Bulldogs
13. St George Dragons
14. Sydney Roosters
15. Penrith Panthers
16. Cronulla Sharks

Bananabender

Juniors
1. Tigers
2. Manly
3. St George
4. Parramatta
5. Newcastle
6. Melbourne
7. Souths
8. Titans

9. Broncos
10 Roosters
11 Panthers
12 Warriors
13 Cowboys
14 Canberra
15 Dogs
16 Sharks - Carney joins them they could move up the ladder to about 11th place.

No idea about the Skilled Park factor either? It's a top stadium though and great atmosphere when the team is winning. Hope they do well.
Tigers have had two unlucky finals series in a row, losing so narrowly that they could have so easily have gone all the way this year had some decisions gone their way...
Souths will do well with the new pommy coach but may need to rely on more than just a Souths Juniors....maybe another pom?? Maybe a forth Burgess brother stashed away who is a great halfback too? Hope something special happens for them anyway!

Wato

Juniors
1. Tigers
2. Manly
3. St George
4. Parramatta
5. Newcastle
6. Melbourne
7. Souths
8. Titans

9. Broncos
10 Roosters
11 Panthers
12 Warriors
13 Cowboys
14 Canberra
15 Dogs
16 Sharks - Carney joins them they could move up the ladder to about 11th place.

No idea about the Skilled Park factor either? It's a top stadium though and great atmosphere when the team is winning. Hope they do well.
Tigers have had two unlucky finals series in a row, losing so narrowly that they could have so easily have gone all the way this year had some decisions gone their way...
Souths will do well with the new pommy coach but may need to rely on more than just a Souths Juniors....maybe another pom?? Maybe a forth Burgess brother stashed away who is a great halfback too? Hope something special happens for them anyway!

Parra will not be in the top 4. Who have they signed to turn them into a top 4 team from 15th?

Latest posts