What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladder Predictions for 2012

Which teams will make the playoffs in 2012?

• Manly

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Warriors

Votes: 130 73.4%
  • Nth Qld

Votes: 105 59.3%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 96 54.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Canberra

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 145 81.9%
  • Souths

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 93 52.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Penrith

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 55 31.1%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 121 68.4%
  • Cronulla

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Canterbury

Votes: 51 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

whall15

Coach
Storm
Sea Eagles
Broncos
Tigers

Warriors
Cowboys
Knights
Eels

Dragons
Rabbitohs (runners up)
Bulldogs
Titans
Raiders
Panthers
Roosters
Sharks

Might as well do the rest, here comes the bias.

Storm def by Eels
Sea Eagles def Knights
Broncos def Cowboys
Tigers def by Warriors

Eels def Tigers
Warriors def by Storm

Sea Eagles def by Eels
Broncos def Storm

Eels def Broncos

LeagueNut

First Grade

Noa

First Grade
Warriors
Manly
Storm
Cowboys

Souths
Eels
knights
Bulldogs

Tigers
Broncos
Dragons
Roosters
sharks
Titans
raiders
Panthers

Last edited:
1. Melbourne Storm- Continue to possess a formidable squad. Surprised they didn't make it further than the PF.
2. Manly Sea Eagles- Don't see any reason why they cannot continue from 2011.
3. Wests Tigers- Make or break for them. If they don't achieve success in 2012, then they won't for a long time. Have a great roster, but this has been the case since 2008.
4. Newcastle Knights- Wayne Bennett factor plus some impressive signings ensure top 4 spot.
5. Canberra Raiders- Could finish 16th. Could finish 1st. We have a shit coach, but with it being an even year we should do well. On top of this the return of some star players.
6. New Zealand Warriors- Expect them to do well again. Finish anywhere in the top 8 IMO.
7. Brisbane Broncos- No Darren Lockyer, means a slide down. Could finish as low as 12th IMO.
8. St George Illawarra Dragons- Lost a lot of talent, but still boast a decent roster.

9. Gold Coast Titans- Have done brilliantly in the player market. Believe they could finish in the top 8, possibly top 4. Still think they have some weaknesses though.
10. North QLD Cowboys- Could easily challenge for the title in 2012, but they rely on a fit Thurston. If he goes down, the Cowboys go down.
11. Parramatta Eels- Have done well in the player market, should see an improvement but not enough to make them a contender.
12. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs- Could finish anywhere TBH. Just think their halves lack the composure of NRL footy.
13. Penrith Panthers- Good coach means they could finish in the top 8, but just lack the quality.
14. Sydney Roosters- Just cannot see where the improvement will come from. Have lost a star half, and have hardly improved at all.
15. South Sydney Rabbitohs- Lost their best player and without Sandow it is tough to see where the creativity will come.
16. Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks- Have lost two great props and their replacements, though decent, not as capable. Still lack quality in the backline and inexperience in the halves.

2010Dragons

Bench
Wow I love!!
Wonderful to see so many punters predicting the Dragons will not make the 8 in 2012.
The Dragons like many other teams, (e.g Manly 2011) perform better when the media and fans don’t rate them and they travel under the radar.
2009 : The Dragons were not expected to win until the end of the season, then won the Minor Premiership.
2010: The fans, punters and the media didn’t expect them to do it again, but they won the Minor Premiership and the Premiership.
2011: Most of the fans, punters and the media expected them to win back to back. Every other team stepped up against the Premiers and the SOO took its toll. The players lost their hunger and self belief.
2012: Please!... I’m asking you all to predict the Dragons to finish out of the eight, we play better under the radar and hopefully Sticky will have to pick more Manly players for the 2012 State of Origin!

Last edited:

legend

Coach
I only care about the Raiders and they'll finish 16th with the current imbecile in charge.

He is the John Fox of the NRL.

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
1. Melbourne Storm- Continue to possess a formidable squad. Surprised they didn't make it further than the PF.
2. Manly Sea Eagles- Don't see any reason why they cannot continue from 2011.
3. Wests Tigers- Make or break for them. If they don't achieve success in 2012, then they won't for a long time. Have a great roster, but this has been the case since 2008.
4. Newcastle Knights- Wayne Bennett factor plus some impressive signings ensure top 4 spot.
5. Canberra Raiders- Could finish 16th. Could finish 1st. We have a shit coach, but with it being an even year we should do well. On top of this the return of some star players.
6. New Zealand Warriors- Expect them to do well again. Finish anywhere in the top 8 IMO.
7. Brisbane Broncos- No Darren Lockyer, means a slide down. Could finish as low as 12th IMO.
8. St George Illawarra Dragons- Lost a lot of talent, but still boast a decent roster.

9. Gold Coast Titans- Have done brilliantly in the player market. Believe they could finish in the top 8, possibly top 4. Still think they have some weaknesses though.
10. North QLD Cowboys- Could easily challenge for the title in 2012, but they rely on a fit Thurston. If he goes down, the Cowboys go down.
11. Parramatta Eels- Have done well in the player market, should see an improvement but not enough to make them a contender.
12. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs- Could finish anywhere TBH. Just think their halves lack the composure of NRL footy.
13. Penrith Panthers- Good coach means they could finish in the top 8, but just lack the quality.
14. Sydney Roosters- Just cannot see where the improvement will come from. Have lost a star half, and have hardly improved at all.
15. South Sydney Rabbitohs- Lost their best player and without Sandow it is tough to see where the creativity will come.
16. Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks- Have lost two great props and their replacements, though decent, not as capable. Still lack quality in the backline and inexperience in the halves.

Jeez mate big call on us finishing second last and our halfback who cant tackle at all, and say hes our best player, did you forget Greg Inglis plays for us ? Canberra to finish 5th ? 8th at best for Canberra.

Jeez mate big call on us finishing second last and our halfback who cant tackle at all, and say hes our best player, did you forget Greg Inglis plays for us ? Canberra to finish 5th ? 8th at best for Canberra.

Yeah you're probably right regarding the latter. I'm trying to put a positive spin on our club. As for your point on the Rabbitohs, some just don't realise how important the halves are for a team. Look at us in 2011. No Campo and we were absolute rabble. I'm not pinpointing his absence as the only reason for our abysmal year in 2011, but he was a large part of it. The coach is the real problem within the Canberra Raiders.

A team being led by John Sutton and an U/20s player shouldn't fulfill many with too much confidence. We were being led around by Josh McCrone and Sam Williams and look how that panned out.

grouch

First Grade
1. Cowboys
2. Manly
3. Warriors
4. Storm
5. Knights
6. Broncos
7. Dragons
8. Tigers

9. Raiders
10. Panthers
11. Eels
12. Dogs
13. Titans
14. Roosters
15. Souths
16. Sharks

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
Yeah you're probably right regarding the latter. I'm trying to put a positive spin on our club. As for your point on the Rabbitohs, some just don't realise how important the halves are for a team. Look at us in 2011. No Campo and we were absolute rabble. I'm not pinpointing his absence as the only reason for our abysmal year in 2011, but he was a large part of it. The coach is the real problem within the Canberra Raiders.

A team being led by John Sutton and an U/20s player shouldn't fulfill many with too much confidence. We were being led around by Josh McCrone and Sam Williams and look how that panned out.

Yeee i know see what you mean, but Sandow had one good year, did anyone remember how rat shit he was for the first 3 years we had him ? He can't tackle, like at all. And halves are the most important part of a team, but Sutton should be playing Lock, where he could be playing for NSW if he was playing lock, hes not five-eight, but. Sutton did not suit the Lang structure of let Sandow do what he wants, which basically means Souths had shit-all structure, and im sure your quite aware of that haha. Sutton plays well under a structure, Sandow will be missed, but, it also improves our defence massively now that he's gone. If Sutton and Reynolds are going to lead us around next, well then Maguire has the whole off-season to work with em, and to get it right, Plus Matt Johns being our Assistant Coach next year will benefit both Sutton and Reynolds big timeee !!

Izz

Bench
Yeee i know see what you mean, but Sandow had one good year, did anyone remember how rat shit he was for the first 3 years we had him ? He can't tackle, like at all. And halves are the most important part of a team, but Sutton should be playing Lock, where he could be playing for NSW if he was playing lock, hes not five-eight, but. Sutton did not suit the Lang structure of let Sandow do what he wants, which basically means Souths had shit-all structure, and im sure your quite aware of that haha. Sutton plays well under a structure, Sandow will be missed, but, it also improves our defence massively now that he's gone. If Sutton and Reynolds are going to lead us around next, well then Maguire has the whole off-season to work with em, and to get it right, Plus Matt Johns being our Assistant Coach next year will benefit both Sutton and Reynolds big timeee !!
Sounds to me like you've got ninth spot wrapped up!

to_ddeath

Coach
If I was a betting man, I'd go:

Supercoach 1.0 = Gibson
Supercoach 2.0 = Bennet
Supercoach 3.0 = anyone but someone who is coaching 50uff$

I actually edited that post as it dawned upon me that LOL@Bunnies picked Bellamy as his Supercoach 2.0.... still leaving Gibson out of his list was criminal to say the least...

T.

is everyone seriously writing off the bronco's because of lockyer?

there's some good young players there and I would expect one of the younger guys to step up and rip in

we may not make the top 4 but it's hard to see us missing the 8

you see Blaza, its a good thing.

If we suck next season, people will say "we expected it yada yada", if we rip people will be like "ohhh nooo broncos proved me wrong lol *egg slides on face*".

firechild

First Grade
Sutton should be playing Lock, where he could be playing for NSW if he was playing lock, hes not five-eight, but.

I agree that he's not a 5/8 but if you think he's a better lock than Gallen or Glenn Stewart then remind me to stay away from whatever you're smoking. That comment is right up there with something Bunniesman would say.

Iafeta

Referee
Without wanting to yet go through a complete list, I think the big mover and shaker will be the Cowboys. Nothing from the NYC GF suggests to me their next tier is anything other than collosal. Taumalolo I think his name is is an epic player. I think with him coming into first grade to back up Tariq Sims, the other big dude who plays prop (Scott?? Why can't I remember his name??!)... and the continued development of Segeyaro and Kalifa Fai Fai Loa, Thurston and Bowen have a lot of talent there to put into gaps off the back of that forward pack. They're my smokies for the premiership.

BranVan3000

Coach

Sutton was a great five-eight before Lang started coaching us. He has definitely faltered since then. I think he probably works better under a coach who uses a lot of structure so I wouldn't write him off. Though he is no guarantee to be playing five-eight.

As for Sandow was almost always going to be replaced by Reynolds which is why we didn't move to resign Sandow right away and didn't fall into a bidding war for him. Reynolds is the half we have been preparing for a number of years now. I really don't see losing Sandow as a big loss

M2D2

Bench
Sutton was a great five-eight before Lang started coaching us. He has definitely faltered since then. I think he probably works better under a coach who uses a lot of structure so I wouldn't write him off.
:lol:

M2D2

Bench
Whats funny is the souths mob trying to blame Lang for your players playing like shit this season.
Cronulla finished worse than your lot. Im not blaming supercoach for our players not performing.