What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lassie thread - Dog acts of 08

petetheileet

First Grade
Ice777 said:
I'm not sure why it's classed as tough to charge at a bloke from behind when he's on his way down in a tackle. Personally i think it's as weak as piss to ram someone who's not looking and who has no way of defending themselves, especially when he was already well and truly wrapped up in the tackle by two others. Each to their own though i spose.

I cant believe we agree on something!

Ironic that a dog act has cruelled soufs in the 100th season of rugby league when a dog act got them the comp almost 100 yrs ago in 1909 when they dogged Balmain. As you sow soufs ... as you sow

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing wrong with it. Nothing illegal being done.

It's even more allowable considering it was Souths player being injured.

Good hit. That's been the highlight of my year so far.

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
Ice777 said:
I'm not sure why it's classed as tough to charge at a bloke from behind when he's on his way down in a tackle. Personally i think it's as weak as piss to ram someone who's not looking and who has no way of defending themselves, especially when he was already well and truly wrapped up in the tackle by two others. Each to their own though i spose.

This from someone who follows the masters of the grapple and the crusher.

Zero credibilty.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
It was a dog act that was legal. Not long after Brown tried to do the EXACT same thing to Isaac Luke..hoping to get the same result. Rah rah rah saying its a mans sport but the tackle was completed Wing was going nowhere and Tupou and Anasta were holding him up just to prolong the tackle and in comes Brown delibratley to shoulder Wing's back...seriously what would happen if that hit smashed his spine and left him in a wheelchair...which is very very possible. It was uncalled for and in very bad taste.

Shorty

Staff member
Just saw it,obviously the tackle was legal but it was meant for injury.
Which is f**king disgusting.

And Braith Anasta is a f**king sad excuse of a human being to be clapping with glee about a former teammate now disabled and season ruined.
Are they that pathetic,that they enjoy seeing someone physically injured? All because the bloke changed clubs.

I'm glad that's not my club,cause I'd be ashamed.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
joel caine number 1 fan said:
if its allowed who cares stuff like that was done all the time in the 80s even mid 90s

Last time i checked it was the late 00's...the game has changed alot since then...back then spear tackles were also ok...Let's bring em back then!! I am so sick to death of gooses like you saying "oh well it happended back in the year dot though..." The game has moved on and so should you.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
a dog act was Luke MacDougall spearing Minichiello into the ground a few years back.. What a bunch of skirts we have here complaining about someone injuring somebody else in a 'legal' tackle.. If you don't like it, follow touch football or table tennis or something..

If the tackle was on Mason, everyone here complaining would have been cheering.. f**king hypocrits..

Garts

Bench
Cockadoodledoo said:
a dog act was Luke MacDougall spearing Minichiello into the ground a few years back.. What a bunch of skirts we have here complaining about someone injuring somebody else in a 'legal' tackle.. If you don't like it, follow touch football or table tennis or something..

If the tackle was on Mason, everyone here complaining would have been cheering.. f**king hypocrits..

If it was Mason you would have been whinging just as hard as any Souths fan.

Also I do not care who the tackle was on I would still view it as a cheap shot.

Shorty

Staff member
It wouldn't be Mason because that shot was intended to injure Wing,you couldn't dry your eyes about him moving on from your club and as a result the players took matters into their own hands.

There is a way of getting revenge by giving shots that are just plain good shots,that are not intended for injury.
As Hitman said,if that shot had gone even a fraction higher or lower you're possibly looking at a serious career ending injury.

_Johnsy said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
No-one is asking for them to be outlawed, or for Brown to be suspended, we are just saying we consider it a dog act. It is about as tough as throwing a punc from behind another person, or from behind. Yeah, Real tough man stuff.

Lest see how many there are that are the same, this weekend.

To an extent it was a dog act...Wing got himself in a vulnerable position in the tackle and Brown had every right to smash him.

Brown's method was pretty low though...but hey that's life.;-)

Apey

Staff member
Lol I love some of the replies, I read them and then scroll down to find a Roosters signature. How would you like it if it had been Pearce that had been injured? You'd be making more noise about it than any of these people are now.

"Tackle"? How is that a tackle exactly? Slamming someone in the back when they're in an extremely vulnerable position is now considered a tackle? Asotasi's hit on him was a tackle. Instant karma, but unfortunately not strong enough. There is nothing tough about kicking someone while they're down.

Bazal

Post Whore
Nothing wrong with it. It was unfortunate but only intended to rattle the Bunnies best player. Shall we protect playmakers from all hits? I think not. A very unfortunate hit, sure, and maybe Brown should consider his actions more thoroughly in future given that a player involved in a tackle is always a chance to wind up in a nasty position if you tear in at him like that...but overall I have no real issues with it.

Apey said:
Lol I love some of the replies, I read them and then scroll down to find a Roosters signature.

Huh?

Plenty of the people who have argued this was a legitimate tackle have been non-Roosters fans.

Darth Bobo

Don't know if it's been posted in the thread yet;

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23378774-23214,00.html

An extract:
Souths coach Jason Taylor branded Brown's challenge a "cheap shot" and went further, claiming Roosters opposite Brad Fittler had instructed his players "to hold a player up so that someone could smash him".

"They deliberately held him back so that the other player could come in and hit him in the back," Taylor said.

"If you watch the replay, you can actually see their eyes light up and say, 'I've got him held up, you come in and get him'."

A red-eyed Wing didn't try to hide his disappointment. "To say I'm gutted is an understatement," he said.

"I'm sure they wanted to put a bit extra in every tackle I was in. They look like they were instructed to play that way.

"That (type of tackle) has been happening since I went there in 2002. They did it when I was there, but I don't know if they trained for it during the off season.

"Straight away I realised the implications. It's pretty much thrown my whole off- season out the window."

Harden then f**k up boys, it's only Round 1 you've got a long season to get through and are you going to cry like this with every injury?

Bazal

Post Whore
Jesus. JT is a very good coach but he certainly learnt some things about sooking from Smithy....