What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lassie thread - Dog acts of 08

Shorty

Staff member
Fair enough Unit,I guess it's up to the NRL they are investigating it anyway.
And I don't like Cricket!!

Ice777

Bench
Big Poppa Pump said:
This from someone who follows the masters of the grapple and the crusher.

Zero credibilty.

And i never once condoned it, never tried to defend it and never pretended it didn't happen unlike dickheads like yourself.

Rorters fans. Zero credibility.

beave

Coach
madunit said:
Not poor at all. A cricket ball is a lot harder than a humans arm, especially when said ball travels at over 130kmph whereas the human travels at somewhere around 10% of the ball.

Then there's the reaction time to consider for the batsmen, which is generally less than a second.

It's a very valid comparison imo

I can't believe you are using that as an example, remember how much a human being (an an athlete none the less) weighs compared to a cricket ball.

BPS

Juniors
He was asked "Do you think it was planned or it was their tactics" or something like that and he replied Maybe, I suppose he was in their plans. He didn't come out and blatantly say Fittler told em to do it!

Penance

Juniors
LOL@ROOSTERS

Premiers after round 1

Dog Act, Try Gutless Cat. This is Ben Walker all over again!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
beave said:
I can't believe you are using that as an example, remember how much a human being (an an athlete none the less) weighs compared to a cricket ball.
Remember the amount of pressure exerted upon the human body when struck by a cricket ball travelling at over 130kph.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
Penance said:
LOL@ROOSTERS

Premiers after round 1

So Morleys hit on Walker was illegal but Kidwells on Mason in the test match was ok??:lol:

Penance

Juniors
Roosterphin1 said:
So Morleys hit on Walker was illegal but Kidwells on Mason in the test match was ok??:lol:
Whats the test match got to do with the roosters ??:? :?

ledzep

Bench
BPS said:
It was a dog act but don't point the finger at Riley Brown alone. Canasten and Tupou were both holding Wing up and Tupou motioned Brown with his eyes to come in.

The other camera angle hows it perfectly, and you can see Tupou remove his forearm just in time as Brown comes in. Canasten started applauding before he took one step to get back the ten.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Brycey

Juniors
Penance said:
LOL@ROOSTERS

Premiers after round 1

bitch bitch bitch. We won the game baby, buried your fkn club. Kiss the rings bitch.

imasharkie

Coach
a very low act committed by a lower grade coward.
I wonder what the people who are supporting Riley Brown would be saying if that shot was put on one of the players from their club and I wonder what Brown would be saying if the hit was on him.

I reckon the NRL discipline committee should review that tackle and charge Brown with bringing the game into disrepute. Give him the same time off the game as Wing has to be off.
And as for that wanker Anasta........................

Penance

Juniors
Brycey said:
bitch bitch bitch. We won the game baby, buried your fkn club. Kiss the rings bitch.
I wonder how you would of turned out if you had more oxygen at birth..

Yeah you won, Well Done on the win, as i have said in another thread. Doesn't Excuse the dog act, One Win doesn't make a season.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Shot was legal, and whilst somewhat cowardly it was legitamate. Disappointing thing for me was the lack of Sth's pack firing up afterwards. About 5 mins later a Roosters player was in exactly the same position and was begging to have the same tretament yet no Sth's player dished it out. If Sth's want to get in playoffs they need to find some "dog" of their own!

Bazal said:
Jesus. JT is a very good coach but he certainly learnt some things about sooking from Smithy....

Agree...I don't think he should have pointed the finger at Fittler. To say that this was a tactic is a tad emotional ??.

Admittedly the loss of Wing effectively lost them the game but they were dominated by a good Roosters side...end of story.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'm confused

I've watched this tackle over and over and every time I see it as an elbow in the back. I can't see any shoulder involved whatsoever.

I fail to see how it was a legal tackle. It was a deliberate elbow.

Brycey

Juniors
Penance said:
I wonder how you would of turned out if you had more oxygen at birth..

Yeah you won, Well Done on the win, as i have said in another thread. Doesn't Excuse the dog act, One Win doesn't make a season.
No it doesn't, but f**k it feels good to bring you smug bitches back to earth.