What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last night Wallaby loss shows why Union the inferior game

Johns Magic

Referee
ParraEelsNRL said:
And you're an arrogant little sh*t, give the frogs a few seasons of PRO footy and watch them bounce back.

Ha, you were wrong and you know it. Now you're embarassed and so you've fired up. :lol:

bartman

Immortal
KaboobieGarfunkelShazam said:
the winner is Rugby League, if that sh*te is anything to go by.
Unfortunately, in territories like England and France where league is not the dominant sport in terms of media coverage or expsoure or international crowds, the winner will be Union for at least another week or two. :crazy:

If Wallabies had have beat England, and All Blakcs beat France, then it would have been better for rugby league in general - in terms of coverage for next weekend's superleague grand final and the upcoming Kiwis tour of England and France.

Bloody pussy Wallaby forwards!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Ha, you were wrong and you know it. Now you're embarassed and so you've fired up. :lol:

No, you come across as a prick, that's all.

Wrong was I, how many times have Scotland, Wales, Ireland and Argentina beat the Wobblies out here or in the own country?

Would it be as many as France have in RL to New Zealand, Aus or England?

Johns Magic said:
You don't remember the last rugby union world cup grand-final?

im pretty sure i Said HOW MANY , not when was the last time.

for the record they have won here twice.

Last year Ireland beat Australia, England and South Africa all by 15-30 points, and only lost to France by three.

Wales drew with Australia last year and beat England.

Many of those games featured second string rotational sides from the stronger nations.

Argentina are one of the best outside the top 5, and they've beaten France five times in their last six matches. They also beat England last time they played them, and only lost to NZ by six poins and South Africa by 11 last time they played.

Argentina will be in the semi-finals after tonight.

as i already pointed out , they will be the first side outside of the big 5 countries that have ever made the semis when all 5 were present at the world cup.

There have been plenty of upsets from nations outside the top 5 in world cups.

Actually there have only ever been two.

Wales beat Engalnd in 87 but at the time wales were considered a top 5 country.

and then this year Argentina beat france.

Call me Fickle but i dont consider 2 ( really only 1) upsets from teams outside the top 5 in 6 world cups 'PLENTY'.

Butters

Bench
So France knocking the Wallabies out in 1987 wasnt an upset? What about France in 1999 and 2007 against the All Blacks?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
France are a top team, have been for years in yawion :roll:

So has Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Argentina or Italy won as many games against NZ, Aus and England as what the French RL team has home or away?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Scotland Vs Australia

Played 25

Scotland won 7, Australia won 18 with no draws.

Ireland Vs Australia

Played 26

Aus 18, Ire 8 with no draws

Wales Vs Australia

Played 27

Aus 17, Wal 9 draw 1

Aus Vs England

Played 35

Aus have won 20, England have won 14 with 1 draw.

http://www.rugbydata.com/headtohead

Hmmmm, France RL are crap, but they've won more games against Australia than any of these teams in Union, plus the union teams have been playing longer. :lol:

Looking at France in RL, they have had well over 50 wins against NZ, Australia and Eng (GB) put together.

Whereas there has been stuff all with 4 of the worlds top union sides against Australia in union even though they have been playing 50 years longer and more frequently. :lol:

tiger_nick

Bench
the reason teams like scotland, tonga, fji etc can compete with the top teams is because the standard of union is so sh*t. Deadset most jim beam cup teams would make the quarter finals in this world cup.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Powerhouse of Italy V Australia.

Played 9 lost 9

Aussies V Argentina

Played 17

Aussies 12, Arg 4 1 draw

Aussies V France

Played 36

Aus won 18 France won 16 with 2 draws

Aussies V France in RL have the French with 14 wins and 5 or 6 draws, but French RL is sh*t isn't it?

Butters

Bench
Aussies V France in RL have the French with 14 wins and 5 or 6 draws, but French RL is sh*t isn't it?

And frances last win against australia was in 1978, pretty sure its 2007 right about now.

Johns Magic

Referee
herbert henry1908 said:
im pretty sure i Said HOW MANY , not when was the last time.

for the record they have won here twice.

They had to win a few more than two games to win the World Cup here in 2003.

Many of those games featured second string rotational sides from the stronger nations.

The Australian and English sides were full strength. Wilkinson was even playing.

The Springboks were missing about 5 players.

as i already pointed out , they will be the first side outside of the big 5 countries that have ever made the semis when all 5 were present at the world cup.

And that's a reflection of how much more competitive international union is becoming.

Actually there have only ever been two.

Wales beat Engalnd in 87 but at the time wales were considered a top 5 country.

and then this year Argentina beat france.

Call me Fickle but i dont consider 2 ( really only 1) upsets from teams outside the top 5 in 6 world cups 'PLENTY'.

I was referring more to the lesser nations upsetting fringe top 5 nations like Wales.

eels_fan_01

Bench
International rugby it terms of quality over all teams in the world cup is better than rugby league but games with the top 3 nations aren't much different to be honest. Its not that exciting, Wallabies keep my interest because they are Australians.

I think its bullsh*t that Kangeroos arent given the credit they deserve, everyone says how great NSW and QLD are when they win a series but when Kangeroos win a tournament its because the other nations are sh*t.

International rugby is easily better than league but its highly overrated.

Johns Magic

Referee
ParraEelsNRL said:
Scotland Vs Australia

Played 25

Scotland won 7, Australia won 18 with no draws.

Ireland Vs Australia

Played 26

Aus 18, Ire 8 with no draws

Wales Vs Australia

Played 27

Aus 17, Wal 9 draw 1

Aus Vs England

Played 35

Aus have won 20, England have won 14 with 1 draw.

http://www.rugbydata.com/headtohead

Hmmmm, France RL are crap, but they've won more games against Australia than any of these teams in Union, plus the union teams have been playing longer. :lol:

Looking at France in RL, they have had well over 50 wins against NZ, Australia and Eng (GB) put together.

Whereas there has been stuff all with 4 of the worlds top union sides against Australia in union even though they have been playing 50 years longer and more frequently. :lol:

No one gives a flying f**k about 50 years ago you dunce, we're talking about now.

You call 38 wins and 2 draws out of 113 games 'stuff all'? Australia haven't even won two out of every three games you fool.

You have to be 50 years old to have been alive when France last beat Australia in rugby league, and that's pathetic.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Johns Magic said:
No one gives a flying f**k about 50 years ago you dunce, we're talking about now.

You call 38 wins and 2 draws out of 113 games 'stuff all'? Australia haven't even won two out of every three games you fool.

You have to be 50 years old to have been alive when France last beat Australia in rugby league, and that's pathetic.

Go f**k yourself you snotty nosed little knowall.

So wipe out someones history just to suit your agenda, get stuffed moron.

Have they ever stopped playing?

No.

How many tests have Ire, Sct and Wales Union won against Aus in the last 50 years c**k sucker?

How about removing the kangaroos 30 years of winning stuff all against the poms?

Or better yet, how about removing the poms last 30 years because they haven't won jack?

Idiot!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
Firstly, that's two more teams worth a pinch of sh*t than in league.

Secondly, there are so many other competitive nations.

Argentina beat France earlier in the world cup, and France then went on to knock out the heavyweights NZ. Argentina have now won 5of their last 6 against France. Argentina also beat England last time they played them, and only lost by 6 to the All Blacks in their last encounter.

Ireland are out of form at the moment, but last year they beat South Africa, England and Australia, all by 15-30 points. They only lost to France by three points.

Last year Wales beat Argentina and England and tied with Australia.

Even countries like Tonga only lost to South Africa in the world cup by 5 points.

You don't get that in league.

The reason is that the top level Union sides are crap compared to the Kangaroos, Kiwis and Poms. Any Yawnion side, given 18 monmths intensive training in League, would still get hammered by the average NRL side.

I hate this crap that Yawnion is better because it's "bigger" than League. Yep. Internationally bigger, more sh*ttier, more boring, less athletic, more amatuer etc etc. And not a patch on the NRL.

I'd rather watch replays of any of our last 5 meetings with the Kiwis than any Yawnion game in the last 15 years. Johns Magic, if you can't recall the last Tri nations finals with goosebumps, you need help.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Johns Magic said:

:lol::lol::lol:

You f**ktard! Is this 2028? Cool!

You see, since a week after the 2007 GF, I went into a cryogenic chamber, just got out last week with that giant new microwave the CSIRO invented. so I need to be filled in on 20 years of League history.

So, can you fill me in on the following please?

Have Cronulla won a comp yet?

How did Brian Smith go in 2008 with Newcastle?

Is it true that Darren Lockyer captained Canterburyto 4 consecutive spoons from 09-12?

Have they banned the stripping rule yet?

How many Clive Churchill medals did Hindy end up winning?

Big Pete

Referee
I honestly don't see why you guys are getting your panties in a twist.

JM from what I'm reading is just saying at the moment, Union has the most competitive International competition which is true.

Does it make it the better sport?
No and I bet JM would agree with me on that.

If not he can go get f**ked. :lol:

Latest posts