What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League clamps down on cannabis

Thomas

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
Hmmm...all the pot smokers come out and act self-righteous.

That'd be right.

It's an illegal act, and drug use does not belong in sport or amongst sportspeople. End of story.

Its not being self-righteous.....its being realistic.

I'd think the NRL have more to worry about than a few players hitting the chronic every now and then.

cainen

Juniors
hrundi99 said:

That'd be right.

I think its the non pot smokers that come out and act self righteous. All pot smokers want to do is be left alone and not told what they can or cannot do.

macavity

Referee
hrundi99 said:

That'd be right.

It's an illegal act, and drug use does not belong in sport or amongst sportspeople. End of story.

she says, self-rightiously.....

hrundi99

First Grade
cainen said:
I think its the non pot smokers that come out and act self righteous. All pot smokers want to do is be left alone and not told what they can or cannot do.

Yes they want to be left alone to do something illegal that makes them dumber than they already are.

Interesting...

Thomas

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
Yes they want to be left alone to do something illegal that makes them dumber than they already are.

Interesting...

Do you drink hrundi99?

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
macavity said:
or puke his guts up, in my observation...

And I know 2 high profile solicitors and an orthopaedic surgeon who are daily ganja smokers and have been for years. Hell, half of my Law faculty smoked and the other half were p*ssheads. Like any substance, it affects different people differently. You have very little authority.

it isn't heroin dude. or alcohol.

how many bongs you chug a day?.....and is that wheelchair meant to say something?

Kiwi

First Grade
Who cares what it does to people, it's illegal, and Rugby League isn't the first proffession to be testing for recreational drugs, and it wont be the last.

Thomas

First Grade
dontmakemeangry said:
Thats on the turps,50% of ppl get aggro on the piss, not because of withdrawalls from not have their daily hit of pot.

Again....we aren't talking about heroin here. People don't get aggro because they don't get their daily "hit of pot" (whatever that comment is supposed to mean??)

You don't have withdrawal symptoms from pot....unless you are a full on serious user which I doubt any NRL players are.

Jesus people....do some research before blindly wading into a thread.

Thomas

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
Here it comes...

Drinking's legal buddy, and I do it in moderation.

Good for you. I also drink in moderation....many NRL players don't.

I also do something illegal as well...in moderation, although if I lived in other countries...such as in the UK I could do this without fear of prosecution.

But I'm going to hell aren't I?

This isn't a discussion about the legalities of pot...its about the NRL cracking down on a drug that isn't a performance enhancer and doesn't cause as much harm as another legal drug widely used and abused by players.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Thomas said:
Good for you. I also drink in moderation....many NRL players don't.

I also do something illegal as well...in moderation, although if I lived in other countries...such as in the UK I could do this without fear of prosecution.

But I'm going to hell aren't I?

This isn't a discussion about the legalities of pot...its about the NRL cracking down on a drug that isn't a performance enhancer and doesn't cause as much harm as another legal drug widely used and abused by players.

You also DON"T have a rugby league contract you goose.......f**k me, any drug is a bad one when you are an elite sportsman.FULLSTOP!

ps. it is sportsman we're talking about, not joe blo in his garage!

hrundi99

First Grade
Thomas said:

That's the discussion you want to have.

I'm sticking to the NRL's (and society's) point.

Problems with alcohol in the NRL don't nullify potential problems with pot, no matter which way you want to slice it.

eelandia

Juniors
dontmakemeangry said:
Thats on the turps,50% of ppl get aggro on the piss, not because of withdrawalls from not have their daily hit of pot.

Yeah - you often hear in the news stories about potheads coming home and bashing their wives / families because they are strung out.

hrundi99

First Grade
eelandia said:
Yeah - you often hear in the news stories about potheads coming home and bashing their wives / families because they are strung out.

You do hear stories about deadbeats who contribute nothing to society and encourage an illegal industry by their habits.

You know why it's called getting "wasted"?

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
eelandia said:

or when the pot doesn't turn em on anymore so they up-grade to something stronger.............

eelandia

Juniors
dontmakemeangry said:
or when the pot doesn't turn em on anymore so they up-grade to something stronger.............

Like Scotch..??

Look....if it means cleaning up the image of the game I am all for it, as long as those who get into trouble during drinking sessions are dealt with just as harshly. Eg. Mark Geyer was suspended for 6 weeks for smoking pot and received some headlines, but nowhere near what the poor image numerous drinking related episodes have created.

You only have to look at the Gower incident to realise how poorly it relfects on the game and all involved with it, including us mad and passionate fans.

Green Machine

First Grade
eelandia said:
Like Scotch..??

Look....if it means cleaning up the image of the game I am all for it, as long as those who get into trouble during drinking sessions are dealt with just as harshly. Eg. Mark Geyer was suspended for 6 weeks for smoking pot and received some headlines, but nowhere near what the poor image numerous drinking related episodes have created.

You only have to look at the Gower incident to realise how poorly it relfects on the game and all involved with it, including us mad and passionate fans.

I think you will find that Mark Geyer’s (Claytons) suspension was covered up. Roy Master’s was attacked for uncovering it,