What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League stars in campus ruckus

Shark

Bench
Hey guys and girls...

Wow, this is all pretty messed up hey!

Just for the record, if any of you were listening to Bosley on 2UE tonight, I'm the guy from Bathurst who rang first up (6.20pm or thereabouts) explaining that University 'O-Week' has been running up here...And believe me, the uni students get up to far more than the odd skirmish with fire extinguishers and the like.

I was out on the weekend, and yes there were heaps of footy players and fans out. Yeah, plenty of people were on the drink. No, I didn't see anyone do anything really stupid.

So these lads broke curfew. Silly, but not something we should be hanging them for.

BUT...One stupid dope broke the rules and touched someone. He will pay for it. Let the other 11 blokes get on with the season, because what they did really wasn't that bad. Pity we can't say the same thing about their mate...

Cheers from Bathurst,

Shark.

PS: Please come back next year...We need the gate reciepts, the motel room bookings and all the other stuff that big metro locations get from footy!

Matt23

Staff member
Matt Kennedy's more then an occasional player, i think it's safe to rule him out, Mueller, Tolar & Tilse on the other hand :-k

girvie

Staff member
On the news they said the player won't be able to join an NRL club for 12 months.

Shark

Bench
Dilmah said:
Not asking you to name names, but do you KNOW who the stupid dope is?

Nah, sorry I don't...

Was at the pub this arvo/evening with stacks of ppl, but nobody actually KNOWS who the student at the centre of the scandal is. She hasn't made a formal complaint to police, in fact I don't even think she has SPOKEN to the cops formally or otherwise. Seems she complained to Uni management, and THEY went to the cops, but she has gone to ground.

So as of late tonight it was just as the news reported it...Our Local Area Commander, Superintendent Martin Wookey (yeah, he has heard all the chewbacca jokes) has stated a few times that, until he has a firm complaint that is neither circumstantial or anecdotal, he can't do a thing.

Anyway, the club obviously have their man, maybe the delay in naming him is tied to interviews that the coppers have been conducting through the night. I'll try to let you know if I hear anything more on the local grapevine!

TooheysNew

Coach
It's ok, I'm on the local grapevine myself. :lol:

Was just curious as to how much you knew. I heard the same story.

Paullyboy

Coach
Poor bloke, the media cost him his contract so they could make up some cheap story. Either that or the lying tools at the dorm have.

Some people have no idea how heavy the implications of their lies can have on someone elses life.

Raider_69

Post Whore
My mail is Superintendent Martin Wookey cracked this case wide open after his side kick Lt. Micheal Ewok found an eye witness - a bloke by the name of Han Solo :|

Shark

Bench
Oh yeah??? How local Dilmah? lol.....

And WTF happened to the PM feature on this forum anyway? :lol:

Shark

Bench
Paullyboy said:
Poor bloke, the media cost him his contract so they could make up some cheap story. Either that or the lying tools at the dorm have.

Some people have no idea how heavy the implications of their lies can have on someone elses life.

Paully...see, when u have to somehow recover your clothes from inside a dorm where security have set up shop following your intrusion it kinda gets a bit hard to deny that you were ever there... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, it was either that or run back to the team motel in his reg grundies!

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've been itching to get online and weigh in with my opinion since my brother told me about this earlier in the afternoon.

As a Knights' fan I'm disappointed in the players' behaviour, even if all they're 'convincted' of is being drunk and disorderly after curfew. I don't think I'm exagerrating when I say we've all done dumb shit when we've been drunk. Done damage etc. However, if anyone did sexually assault or harass anyone at the University, then they deserve a swift punishment. I say if because, as several others have already stressed, it's 'innocent until proven guilty' down here.

As a league fan, I'm impressed at how fast the response has been. The sacking of a player, despite some people's fears, would not have come over an allegation that hadn't warranted police investigation. I'd suspect the player either admitted to something, or was fingered by more sober and mature heads.

As for venturing a guess as to who it could be, I think Matt Kennedy may be a bit of a long shot. The guy is hardly a fringe first grader. He played virtually every game for us last season. I wouldn't be surprised if it were someone like Quigley, Tolar, or Lowrie- myself. Disappointing, regardless of who it is, but I'm relieved that none of our truly high profile players were involved.

And as a former Uni student. Dammit boys! We eat precious little as it is! Don't steal our food! :p

(Must say, I'm surprised at the low level of flames and troll posts in here. I was expecting an inundation)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Alex28 said:
Man...please don't be Dane Tilse...that guy could be something special...

unlucky mate, the Courrier Mail are reporting that it was infact Dane Tilse that was given the arse :)

Latest posts