What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua has appointed new agent

The Doc

Juniors
The article in RLW was by "the mole", which pretty much sums it up.
Garbage article.
I know we have put a good offer to Luc, i also know Manly and the sharks had offers on the table also.
But Manly just signed Perrett to a 3 year deal.
Looks like its between us and the Sharks.

Gareth67

First Grade
His new agent has had , 2 weeks ( ? ) to put together a proposal to the Dragons management . We have a good idea that Luciano wishes to remain here , at least for 2 years and perhaps longer . The Club wants him to remain , and I believe will pay him the amount that he was after , yet he still is being ' whored ' around to other clubs .

I realise that it would take longer to sort the details out , but surely Luc has told the new agent that he wishes to remain in the Big Red V , and if so , to negotiate only with the Dragons.

If not , it would seem that our worst fears are being realised , his agent wants as big a commission as he can get , and seeing as he is there to look after Luc's best interests (?), he , the agent , will continue to offer his services to other clubs , until such time as they can fit him in their salary cap , with associated T.P.A.'s of course .

I hope that I am wrong about this , but the longer this continues , the less chance we have of him being resigned .

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
His new agent has had , 2 weeks ( ? ) to put together a proposal to the Dragons management . We have a good idea that Luciano wishes to remain here , at least for 2 years and perhaps longer . The Club wants him to remain , and I believe will pay him the amount that he was after , yet he still is being ' whored ' around to other clubs .

I realise that it would take longer to sort the details out , but surely Luc has told the new agent that he wishes to remain in the Big Red V , and if so , to negotiate only with the Dragons.

If not , it would seem that our worst fears are being realised , his agent wants as big a commission as he can get , and seeing as he is there to look after Luc's best interests (?), he , the agent , will continue to offer his services to other clubs , until such time as they can fit him in their salary cap , with associated T.P.A.'s of course .

I hope that I am wrong about this , but the longer this continues , the less chance we have of him being resigned .
Gareth
Your 100% correct.
If Luc was so keen to be a Dragon it should have been easy peasy as soon as the new agent came on board.
Me suspects Luc's new agent is akin to that master agent of the 60's movies "Our Man Flint".

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Gareth
If there was only his agent and luch involved it would already be resolved.
But there's family as well so it gets more complicated.
If it comes down to tpa we can't compete.
So let's hope he wants to stay and as you know i am not a supporter of the club .
But they have done everything they can, if he walks it will be money only nothing else.
So let's hope he gets on with it and he his family and agent can agree.

Old Timer

Coach
Garret & Draggonssamy61
Come to think of it this whole Leilua thing is probably linked to the NRL announcements re the change in the salary cap grants to the clubs.
If there is no increase and we can't offer anymore we are probably dead as the other clubs TPA's would kick in to get them above us.
So most likely while all that remains unresolved so will this.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm getting a bit 'tired" of the whole Leilua thing TBH.

Wether he re-signs with us or not, the whole situation must be a distraction for him, the training staff, selectors etc. In fact it's a bit of a prima-donna attitude IMO. He is a good player, and note I said good, he had a great debut game but didn't really set the world on fire after that. I also look at the training videos and it always seems Leilua is "dragging the chain" behind everyone else.
New manager or not, he should have indicated his preference already, if not then he is just using us as a bargaining chip. If he is serious about staying with the Dragons, I would expect an announcement by this weeks end as we are nearly at the Christmas break. Anything longer, I feel upsets the team and his chances of playing 1st grade in 2017.

Gareth67

First Grade
What's the old saying - great minds think alike - I believe that each of us have identified some key issues with his resigning , with his family and also the salary cap ceiling .

Luc ,without a doubt , his close family ties and dare I say , his agent seeing a bigger slice of the pie , with the proposed increase in the 2018 cap . Until that is finally known to the clubs , we , as well as others , will be treading water .

It looks as if it is going to be a long off-season .

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Wether he re-signs with us or not, the whole situation must be a distraction for him, the training staff, selectors etc. In fact it's a bit of a prima-donna attitude IMO. He is a good player, and note I said good, he had a great debut game but didn't really set the world on fire after that. I also look at the training videos and it always seems Leilua is "dragging the chain" behind everyone else.
New manager or not, he should have indicated his preference already, if not then he is just using us as a bargaining chip. If he is serious about staying with the Dragons, I would expect an announcement by this weeks end as we are nearly at the Christmas break. Anything longer, I feel upsets the team and his chances of playing 1st grade in 2017.

Dragonslayer
Agree with most of what you say 100%.
But luch is a shy and very quiet guy and is very much family first.
His agent is after his share that is for sure.
He would look like a goose if he leaves because the club has aloud him to train with them under the illusion that they have last offer .Also mate he is not the best trainer that is jdb and frizz and both the hookers.
But he not the worst and puts in.
Mann trains hard.
Let hope he does the right thing and stays.
I think just 2 weeks of training then they have a break for christmas. Hopefully we sould no then

Crush

Coach

I was just thinking the same thing. If we sign him good but if not then be done with it and move on. I think he has definitely got some skills but he isn't worth spending more than 300k on at this stage thats for sure.

Dragsters

First Grade
I'm a big fan of the kids potential and I think he offers something that we don't currently have but in all seriousness, this is his first contract in the top grade, not his last!

Come on Luciano, just grab the opportunity that your junior club is giving you and go out and play your best footy and prove your worth.

The big contracts that DO warrant careful deliberation will come down the track.

Getting a rep for being difficult to negotiate with can only harm your future prospects.

Get it done, get on with training hard and show us all how good you can really be...

Last edited:

BrissyRedV

Bench
I'm a big fan of the kids potential and I think he offers something that we don't currently have but in all seriousness, this is his first contact in the top grade, not his last!

Come on Luciano, just grab the opportunity that your junior club is giving you and go out and play your best footy and prove your worth.

The big contracts that DO warrant careful deliberation will come down the track.

Getting a rep for being difficult to negotiate with can only harm your future prospects.

Get it done, get on with training hard and show us all how good you can really be...
It may not be about the money side of things though. His development as a player would need to be considered as well which will affect his future contract value. Will he developed under our current system or will he be better off in another system? A hypothetical for you, Jack Bird. Would his contract value be as much as it will be for 2018 had he not gone to the Scum and won a premiership and instead stayed with us? I doubt it.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm a big fan of the kids potential and I think he offers something that we don't currently have but in all seriousness, this is his first contact in the top grade, not his last!

exactly Dragsters.
Young Jai Field announces he's staying on for another 3 years, no fuss, no bother, made the decision he wants to stay where he started his footy. Didn't here of any "manager" involvement just "I want to play for the Dragons" attitude, great stuff.
As far as Leilua, negotiations have been dragging on now for months, so the real question is, does he really want to play for the Dragons?

Lethal25

Juniors
I guess all clubs are in the same position with signing Luc. I'm sure they don't want to be sitting around waiting for this guy to make a decision and miss out on an opportunity to sign someone else.

SaintElroy

Juniors
Might be a silly question but il leave it here. So say Luc isn't signed and he suffers an injury who pays? And say during this injury we may or may not be forced to fork out for he signs for another club. Like I said might be a stupid thought, but a thought nonetheless

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Might be a silly question but il leave it here. So say Luc isn't signed and he suffers an injury who pays? And say during this injury we may or may not be forced to fork out for he signs for another club. Like I said might be a stupid thought, but a thought nonetheless

If he injured at our training or doing anything under the dragons banner the dragons insurer would play out.