What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Likiliki

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
He is a talent thats for sure, you guys have picked up a good one, will he be in your first grade team next year, who misses out, Sau or Mad Dog, or move Mad Dog to the wing.

I can't believe the Warriors bought Kris Inu, when they had Likiliki lol, oh well its there lose and Newcastle's gain.

Noname36

First Grade
He is a talent thats for sure, you guys have picked up a good one, will he be in your first grade team next year, who misses out, Sau or Mad Dog, or move Mad Dog to the wing.

I'd say Mad Dog and Sau will start, and Likiliki will get a run during the games that Doogs is sure to miss through injury.

roopy

Referee
He had three or four soft knock ons, so he needs to work on that still, but he did plenty of good work as well.
I reckon he has only thrown one pass all game apart from a few from dummy half, but it was a bloody good one.

aqua_duck

Coach
He had three or four soft knock ons, so he needs to work on that still, but he did plenty of good work as well.
I reckon he has only thrown one pass all game apart from a few from dummy half, but it was a bloody good one.
only ones I remember were from the Sam Lousi offloads where he probably wasn't expecting the ball and TBH they weren't great offloads. He seems to be a treat every time he got the ball and thoroughly outplayed Junior Vaivai who has played 1st grade for Souths. Overall I think there's definately something to work with.

1.Morseau
2.Uate
3.Sau
4.Likiliki
5.Naiqama
6.Mullen
7.Henry

Thats potentially a very exciting backline of youngsters with plenty of speed, power and flair

roopy

Referee
I think this new Fijian, Ratu Marika Koroibete, might give Morseau a run for his money.

(I think Ratu is a title for a chief - so maybe his name is just Marika Koroibete)

First Grade
oh well at least both our new players won today (likiliki, costigan) with them they will bring some winning culture that hopefully becomes infectuous

Noname36

First Grade
I think this new Fijian, Ratu Marika Koroibete, might give Morseau a run for his money.)

I read that we've been linked to this kid. Anyone know if we're actually a shot at him? Seems like he could be a potential superstar with a bit of work.

roopy

Referee
I read that we've been linked to this kid. Anyone know if we're actually a shot at him? Seems like he could be a potential superstar with a bit of work.
We have an excellent chance.
Earlier this year he was over here playing against the Knights under 17s development side in front of our junior recruitment people, and he gets another chance before the season when our senior squad goes to Fiji for a camp.
Other sides are interested in him, but we have put in the groundwork, and we have plenty of Fijian ex pats with the Clarke brothers (juniors who finished with the club in 2008 and still have links), the Naiqama brothers, Uate and now Korbin Sims.
As the son of a Ratu or Chief he will be expected to get a good education, and i think we have a history of offering overseas players University tuition as part of packages - as we did for Tim Natusch, Hanan laban, and currently Api Pewhirangi, so i really think we could offer him a good deal, and have had a chance to find out what he wants.

Likiliki was the most influential player on the park yesterday. He should have been MOTM. He and Aku combined on the flanks equals a s###load of pain for wide defenders in years to come.

Unit isnt he? Showed a bit with the ball as well, will be a NZ centre within 2 years and for the next 10 after that.

roopy

Referee
The most encouraging thing Likiliki did in that game was the try he set up.
The rampaging Sau-like runs were great - but to smash up the defence and then deliver a really good round the corner pass that wasn't thrown too hard to a supporter in the clear was the sort of thing that really class players do.
Sau pops the odd ball out the back after his progress is stopped, and sometimes that turns out good - but he doesn't deliberately set up a player in a better position because he has zero vision - and in that one play Likiliki showed that he does have the vision to set up another player.

Johns Magic

Referee
Hopefully he has the goods. Didn't get to watch the NYC final(was on a plane at the time), but I might try and track down that try he set up.

Iafeta

Referee
Unit isnt he? Showed a bit with the ball as well, will be a NZ centre within 2 years and for the next 10 after that.

That's an enormous claim. I hope you are right, however, my head says its not. Hopefully he can fix up his handling (he can drop a sitter), and his defence (he gets caught too far in all too often). He's a freight train of a runner though, no doubt.

All the best with him. He's been awesome to watch develop, it will intriguing to see how many of these Warriors NYC team players (whether they be at the club or not) go onto achieve what a lot of people think they may.

aqua_duck

Coach
That's an enormous claim. I hope you are right, however, my head says its not. Hopefully he can fix up his handling (he can drop a sitter), and his defence (he gets caught too far in all too often). He's a freight train of a runner though, no doubt.

All the best with him. He's been awesome to watch develop, it will intriguing to see how many of these Warriors NYC team players (whether they be at the club or not) go onto achieve what a lot of people think they may.
If a discard like Junior Sau can make the kiwis within 2 years for his FG debut than Likiliki has every chance

aqua_duck

Coach
he is class.

wish we had signed Shaun Johnson too - freak.
I'm happy enough with Beau Henry but can you imagine Karma if we signed yet another Poly especially a halfback, remember Polys aren't capable of being thinking footballers

Iafeta

Referee
If a discard like Junior Sau can make the kiwis within 2 years for his FG debut than Likiliki has every chance

Centre is a weakness for the Kiwis in terms of depth, so you may be right. Sau and Likiliki are similar type players, I rate Sau's defence a lot higher than Liki's but.

I know 's been said a few time in this thread already, but I am still lol'ing at the fact that the Warriors let this kid go and paid big coin for Krisnan Inu.

Serc

First Grade
The most encouraging thing Likiliki did in that game was the try he set up.
The rampaging Sau-like runs were great - but to smash up the defence and then deliver a really good round the corner pass that wasn't thrown too hard to a supporter in the clear was the sort of thing that really class players do.

I have been trying to watch as many Warriors NYC games as I could since we signed him...and I have noticed that sort of play a number of times. The other two things i've noticed is the odd dropped ball, and makes the odd ordinary decision/effort in defence - but those two can be fixed :) You're mostly born with the ability to make the Sau-like runs and then set up tries!

Hopefully he has the goods. Didn't get to watch the NYC final(was on a plane at the time), but I might try and track down that try he set up.

You got Foxtel? I missed the game too and will watch it at midnight tomorrow night (goes to 1:30am Thurs morning)