What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Likiliki

roopy

Referee
I'm not worried about how often he drops the ball cold.
It's one area where a lot of our players have shown big improvement since Stone took over (Naiqama brothers, Fass, Lulia etc) - so whatever we do at training to improve handling is working.

RHCP

Bench
Defence is the one thing that concerns me with all of our young imports. Whenever a Toyota Cup player steps up into first grade there's almost always issues defensively, but from what I saw on Sunday he's not afraid of a bit of contact and hopefully he'll improve in that facet of the game rather quickly.

ozbash

Referee
but from what I saw on Sunday he's not afraid of a bit of contact

works against him sometimes. he often 'goes on with it' and draws a penalty or drops the ball.

but I am still lol'ing at the fact that the Warriors let this kid go and paid big coin for Krisnan Inu.

lol all you like, junior. Likiliki's style of play would fit the Warriors 1st grade. Inu has more to offer.

Noname36

First Grade
Seriously, Likiliki may not go onto anything...but from what I've seen of Inu so far, he has nothing.

Liki seems to have a few handling issues, but like was mentioned up-thread, we have a very good record at improving that. I mean look at Fass for example. Before he came here he would have had close to the worst hands in the competition, but now he doesn't drop it anymore than anyone else does.

He also seems to have poor defensive reads, but most of the backs we've had have been a lot worse (Aku and Coops for example). I have no doubt we'll work with him.

And even if he doesn't make it this year, well he's still 3rd in line after Doogs and Sau anyway (with Wes for backup). No big deal really. He'll get there.

Adsy

Juniors
Give this kid a year under the guidance of the Mad Dog and I reckon he will be ready to tear teams apart down the right side with the help of Aku.

lol all you like, junior. Likiliki's style of play would fit the Warriors 1st grade. Inu has more to offer.

Talk to you in 12 months champ. Even if Liki only plays half a dozen FG games next year he'll still offer more than Inu, and for far less money too. Inu is a hack.

Serc

First Grade
Likiliki has been selected in the Junior Kiwi's:

2010 Junior Kiwis: Pakisonasi Afu, Martin Taupau - captain (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs); Glen Fisiiahi, Sebastine Ikahihifo, Mark Ioane, Shaun Johnson, Siuatonga Likiliki, Sam Lousi, Nafe Seluini, Carlos Tuimavave, Bill Tupou (Warriors); Drury Low, Matthew McIlwrick, Sam Mataora (Canberra Raiders); Isaac Maliota (Sydney Roosters); Kane Morgan (South Sydney Rabbitohs); Lama Tasi, Dean Whare (Manly Sea Eagles); Jason Taumalolo (North Queensland Cowboys).
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...ning-warriors-named-in-jnr-kiwis/default.aspx

Rolla

Juniors
Out of curiosity, does anyone still rate Pete Mata'utia a chance in the near future? this time last year he was the one to be excited about.Was his season that bad that he won't be pushing for selection too?

Out of curiosity, does anyone still rate Pete Mata'utia a chance in the near future? this time last year he was the one to be excited about.Was his season that bad that he won't be pushing for selection too?

1. Gidley.
2. Uate.
3. Maddog.
4. Sau.
5. McManus.

Liliki.
McDonnell.
W Naiqama.
K Naiqama.
Lulia.

His way off mate unless he has a tremendous preseason and barn storming year.

macavity

Referee

nice kid, got skills, worth giving another year or two - but had a pretty ordinary year last year.

roopy

Referee
Interesting to compare him to Likiliki.
They are a similar size and both play centre.
Likiliki is stronger and faster - but Pete is very strong as well.
Pete has a much, much better passing game and vision.
Pete can play wing and fullback - Likiliki might be able to play wing.

Pete was just getting back to his best in 2010 when he had a season ending injury.

There's a good chance they will be the centres for the Centurions next season - and i don't think there will be a struck match between them if they are both fit.
Pete probably needs to have a bloke as good or better than him beside him, because he tends to cruize a bit.

Rolla

Juniors
Cheers guys, fingers crossed he can perform and add to our depth, hopefully then guys like lulia and mcdonnell stay out of first grade.

bluesrok

Juniors
Wow. Someone has finally said it. I wasn't game as I was concerned it may be regarded as racist. You're spot on though.
And of course its just the polynesians that make errors..OMG..what next??? HELLO PEOPLE....not racist..why do yous even have to single them out by saying Polynesian in the first place...say their names

bluesrok

Juniors
I never once mentioned anything about what % of players the polynesians made up in our NYC.

My point was, there is too many - whatever the ' facts ' show.

Having aboriginals/polynesians making up 13 spots of 24 in our Under 20's team is not the answer to long term success.

I'm the least racist person going around in here, but I'm sorry - it needs to be said - there is far too many. All your stats do is enhance my point. Over 50% are non anglo.

Also being born here and speaking ' aussie ' doesn't change your background physically. ( Again, that is NOT an attempt at being racist )

The point is - think about our home grown superstars over the years.

What % of our best players over the years were aboriginal/polynesian?! Certainly not over 50% of them - which is the % playing in our NYC team right now.

Finding the perfect build and size and strength and speed does NOT make a footballer.
Are you kidding me??? i wasnt aware that these players got selected on their race credentials..they got selected on their skill at their trials or on their playing ability...whatever their race isnt relevant..Geez..so glad you people dont teach in our schools otherwise our world would definitely be going backwards..when you watch a league team..why dont you just look at the players as individuals and stop looking at them as being maori, aborigine whatever...You talk like the non cultural players are perfect all the time...I am a european but you are making me totally sick in the stomach...the racism belongs back in the old days......GET A GRIP..

Talking about non-anglo/caucasions. How about this guy.
569017.jpg

The best non white guy to ever don the red and blue. We need more of it IMO. Gus once said give me 17 Billy Pedens and i'll win you an origin. Well I say give the knights 17 greg smith's and we will win the premiership!

Last edited:

mrpwnd

Bench
Talking about non-anglo/caucasions. How about this guy.
569017.jpg

The best non white guy to ever don the red and blue. We need more of it IMO. Gus once said give me 17 Billy Pedens and i'll win you an origin. Well I say give the knights 17 greg smith's and we will win the premiership!
Mate, you already have one in Uate. If he keeps going the way he's going could be the NEW best non-white bloke to don the red-and-blue.