What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lincoln Withers Canberra bound?¿?

Greenblooded

Juniors
I think we are definately going to have a very different looking starting side next year, now hopefully Elliott will pull his head out of his butt and sort out our playing style. :?

jed

First Grade
is anyone else skeptical about this story? I haven't heard it anywhere in the press, haven't seen anything about it on any of the various news sites. can anyone provide confirmation that this is true?

we all know what the result of fake stories is, don't we. ;-)

Brimmer

Juniors
It's all good boys... read it in the latest Rugby League Week. Came out yesterday...

Apparantly with the Saints signing Michael Ennis.. his services are no longer required.

woodgers

Bench
He was decent at halfback for the Tigpies however has really shined for the Dragons at Hooker. His speed out of dummyhalf has been wonderful so that is where we must use him. A utility that can play capably in the halves as well as Hooker would be awesome.

Kris_man

Bench
it will also allow us to let Woolford go to England at the end of next year, or at least take the pressure off re-signing him. i actually think the Germ is too droppable to be captain, i'd rather see it go to Toots or Schif, maybe even J Smith.(Wiki was perfect, i still can't believe he wasn't our captain)

Greenblooded

Juniors
The thing with Withers, is that he is a converted halfback who plays well at hooker, as opposed to Drew who is a converted hooker who plays badly at halfback.

Kris_man

Bench
withers was originally a hooker wasn't he? that's where he played in the lower grades (and in his few first grade appearances) when he was with us.

Brimmer

Juniors
I'm with Kris Man on Germ's ability. Reminds me of the last years of Alan Border's reign in cricket. Hasn't done anything spectacular and his past form is keeping him there...

Kris_man

Bench
woodgers said:
Withers was the halfback for Erindale College for those who remember that side.
as was finch at one time. actually, he may have been the 5/8...and i think terry martin captained Erindale to a premiership?

ball boy

Bench
yep terry was the captain and the won back to back titles one year the half back was lincon the other year the half back was finch