What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Litte Sarah's Letter to the Knights

Hindyscrack

Bench
Mr Saab said:
How pathetic, but standard for the Tele.
Front page has poor wittle souths fans not being able to go to the game, and inside the back pages we have "Josh's people".
My heart bleeds.

The Tele is reaching an all time low

goboggo

Juniors
Now now everyone, I think you're looking at this the wrong way.

It's plainly obvious that this little girl knows more about Rugby League than Brian Smith and the rest of the Knights coaching staff, so I think the only only logical solution is that Smith be sacked now and replaced immediately by little whats-her-name.

Ballwork sessions will now include 10 minute naps, weight sessions will stop for little lunch, training will end when the street lights come on, and all Knights games must be finished before their 8:30pm bedtime.

Make these changes and the Knights will win the comp every year for ever and ever and ever and be the bestest team in the whole wide world!

eels_fan_01

Bench
goboggo said:

It's plainly obvious that this little girl knows more about Rugby League than Brian Smith and the rest of the Knights coaching staff, so I think the only only logical solution is that Smith be sacked now and replaced immediately by little whats-her-name.

Ballwork sessions will now include 10 minute naps, weight sessions will stop for little lunch, training will end when the street lights come on, and all Knights games must be finished before their 8:30pm bedtime.

Make these changes and the Knights will win the comp every year for ever and ever and ever and be the bestest team in the whole wide world!

Yes i like this and in the case of the last two weeks say Knights get down by more than 10 points they can just say "Were not playing!".

The Tank

Bench
What about this article which states that the Jets (soccer) are taking over and no-one cares for the Knights anymore. :sarcasm:

"The Jets are taking over," said 33-year-old George Saforis in reference to the rise of the town's A-League franchise.

Frighteningly for Newcastle - and the NRL - the figures support Mr Saforis's rhetoric.

In their final five games of last season the Jets averaged 18,754 fans at Energy Australia Stadium. In their past five outings at the same venue, the Knights have averaged 13,952.

Buoyed, Jets co-owner Con Constantine boldly predicted soccer would eventually usurp league as Newcastle's No. 1 sport at this week's A-League launch.

"No one seems to like the Knights in Newcastle any more. It used to be a religion."

"The team is not doing it for the town anymore."

"I've heard people talking about burning their jerseys."

Jeremy Fox, 23, was aghast at how the club had treated Reynoldson.

"I thought Newcastle people always look after Newcastle people," he said.

:roll:

Reynoldson is a Queenslander

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22291425-5001023,00.html

ocko

juniors
pathetic stuff really, not so much because they ran a story about a 9 yar old girl as much as its being used to push an agenda

eels_fan_01

Bench
Ive said it before and ill say it again, when Knights are in the top 8 next year there wont be an empty seat. The same sort of articles came out at Parra when we werent in the 8 "fans losing hope" and then we started winning and every man and hes dog were at parra stadium.

Misty Bee

First Grade
goboggo said:

:clap:

They'd have to forfeit the Grand Final. Big Dog goes to bed before kickoff!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Another way of looking at it - at least the 9 year old had the commonsence not to blame Hagan!!!!

sooperdooper

First Grade
when the knights have got rid of the dead wood and can offer more $$ to better players and bring up the decent young ones you will see everyone change

perverse

Referee
pathetic journalism. using sick kids for your own agenda is about as low as it can go. i'm not sure how these people sleep at night.

Juniors
that little girl just echoed the thoughts of 1000 posts by knights fans on this forum no more than a week ago, everyone seems to have changed their tune, burning jerseys and changing clubs and ecoming nuetral supporters was all the rage last week, round here people just seem to jump from one bandwagon to the next, she might be nine years old but she makes an excellent point, if a team cant beat the wooden spooners at home, and not only not beat them but get thrashed themselves, then something is definately amiss. we all like to assume its not smiths fault, but basically simpson and buderus want out, 2 players i respect, if they say brian smith is dragging the life force out of the club i believe them, clint newtown, no wonder he walked out to a real club, perry, woolnough, reynoldson, even kurt gidley displayed his embarrassment by playing for this team under brian smith, i dont really care that much anyway, its just a shame for the poor fans of newcastle that are the ones being punished for their loyalty, but i spose brian smith has earned more right to loyalty from the board than the fans have.

TooheysNew

Coach
1999 said:
that little girl just echoed the thoughts of 1000 posts by knights fans on this forum no more than a week ago, everyone seems to have changed their tune, burning jerseys and changing clubs and ecoming nuetral supporters was all the rage last week, round here people just seem to jump from one bandwagon to the next

Firstly, try a fullstop or a linebreak from time to time - people might actually be able to read what you have to say.
Secondly, where are these 1000 posts where we hate Brian Smith? I'm finding a few, but they are all overshadowed by the 1000s who are in support of what he is doing.
Thirdly, St Brett is the only one who got rid of a jersey - don't exaggerate for effect - it just makes you look silly.

perverse

Referee
1999 said:
that little girl just echoed the thoughts of 1000 posts by knights fans on this forum no more than a week ago, everyone seems to have changed their tune, burning jerseys and changing clubs and ecoming nuetral supporters was all the rage last week, round here people just seem to jump from one bandwagon to the next, she might be nine years old but she makes an excellent point, if a team cant beat the wooden spooners at home, and not only not beat them but get thrashed themselves, then something is definately amiss. we all like to assume its not smiths fault, but basically simpson and buderus want out, 2 players i respect, if they say brian smith is dragging the life force out of the club i believe them, clint newtown, no wonder he walked out to a real club, perry, woolnough, reynoldson, even kurt gidley displayed his embarrassment by playing for this team under brian smith, i dont really care that much anyway, its just a shame for the poor fans of newcastle that are the ones being punished for their loyalty, but i spose brian smith has earned more right to loyalty from the board than the fans have.
wtf are you on about you merkin? find me a post from a knights fan with an ounce of credibility that didn't want the cleanout.

Misty Bee

First Grade
1999, read my post above. If a 9 year old girl genuinely wrote that, Kirk Reynoldson would be a shoe in for the 2007 Clive Churchill Medal.

voltron

Juniors
1999 said:

i think you read the daily telegraph :shock:
and for some reason take it seriously!
:lol::lol:

Lego_Man

First Grade
Someone needs to pull a "September 11" on the Daily Telegraph HQ building.

This his got to be the worst piece of gutter sports journalism in recent memory. In fact when i first read the thread i though the whole thing was a gee-up constructed by the OP.

Ice777

Bench
voltron said:
dont worry
Ice777 is just happy for anything to deflect attention from the Storm after the hammering they got last week in ALL the papers about the grapple tackle
as opposed to the knights only getting it in the telecrap

Damn! Ok i admit it, you've exposed me for the shameless deflector that i am. My only motive to post in this thread and any others is to take attention away from the Storm's grappling which was big news last week and has barely rated a mention this week. There's no flies on you mate :sarcasm:

Tom Shines

First Grade
This story is equal on bullsh*t to the Souths/Tigers story on the front page.

Actually, if the girl wrote that to the club, how does the Telecrap have it? Did she write another copy? Did the post office release it?

I reckon Massoud wrote it left-handed and sent it in.

f**k off and die, Telegraph.

Latest posts