What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer Lovefest

Ghoulies

Bench
Jealousy? Bitterness?

What do these words mean?

You'll have to excuse me for asking, but I'm from NSW.
I assume you're referring to the schooling system in NSW not teaching you basic English, because as anyone who's ventured into the State of Origin forum here could attest, jealousy and bitterness are things that Blues fans have in spades at the moment.

Knightmare

Coach
Yep, we're the ones raving about the rats and filth trying to ruin Origin. That's a NSW trait right there isn't it...

THE CHAMP

First Grade
That's an apt description :lol:
Meanwhile, "The Champ" is Brisbane's version of Gaba, except with even less RL knowledge & a chip on his shoulder

Wrong again.
Heres some rugby league knowledge for you shitty. Dragons are no chance of win the premiership this year. Lets see if im right on that one shall we.

Knightmare

Coach
Okay, if you really insist, we'll bring the sexual assault kit next year to soothe you... :roll:

I'm still trying to figure out whether I was meant to laugh or not there somewhere?........

On another note, what was Ratsack's excerpt in relation to?

AuDragon

Juniors
I'm still trying to figure out whether I was meant to laugh or not there somewhere?........

On another note, what was Ratsack's excerpt in relation to?
Depends on which side of the fence you are.
We found the butthurt pretty funny north of the Tweed. You... Not so much! Albeit understandable since no lube was used.

Ratsack's quote is related to the toilet gate... :roll:

Fingerbang

Bench
If you read carefully I said Marshall may reach that level where he is talked about with the others (Smith etc). For the last two years he's been close to the best in the game, if he can keep this sort of form up by the time he retires he will be up there.
He isn't even been the best player in his own team, how in hell can you say he has been close to the best player in the world..... :crazy:

Granted, he is capable of magic moments now and then.....but too many nothing games, or brainfart moments to be considered one of the best in the game.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
He isn't even been the best player in his own team, how in hell can you say he has been close to the best player in the world..... :crazy:

Granted, he is capable of magic moments now and then.....but too many nothing games, or brainfart moments to be considered one of the best in the game.
Once again I agree. The forward pass he threw in the Dragons game was bluddy shocking. How the hell did he manage that? Marshal will balls up plenty but the commentators see to just skim over those moments.

Big Pete

Referee
Yep thats true and as you've pointed out, fullbacks were acting as extra playmakers long before Locky came into FG too

Its rare for a player in the modern era to actually bring anything new into the game rather than taking existing concepts and doing them better.

And to be honest that's not a bad thing. If everyone could do the things Lockyer or Johns could it wouldn't say that much about them as players. As it's been said, I'm yet to see any player come through excel like a Lockyer or Johns could.

Knightmare said:
Jealousy? Bitterness?

What do these words mean?

:lol:

Somebody truly is in denial.

Rod

Bench

Oh so that must have been someone else who won the Golden Boot last year (funnily enough this is an award for the best player in the world) and got second in the Dally M 's this year....

:roll:

Fingerbang

Bench
Oh so that must have been someone else who won the Golden Boot last year (funnily enough this is an award for the best player in the world) and got second in the Dally M 's this year....

:roll:
Golden Boot award....very undeserving, imo.

As for Dally M points....Benji polls points for a game as soon as he puts his gear on. The media just love to blow smoke up his arse.

Sorry if I don't agree with you and most of the media people.....but deadset, he has more off games and moments than he does on ones. Too inconsistant for mine, to be rated one of the best in the world.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Golden Boot award....very undeserving, imo.

As for Dally M points....Benji polls points for a game as soon as he puts his gear on. The media just love to blow smoke up his arse.

Sorry if I don't agree with you and most of the media people.....but deadset, he has more off games and moments than he does on ones. Too inconsistant for mine, to be rated one of the best in the world.

+1

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
My most favourite Darren moment and probably his most proudest was when he deservedly won player of the match in the World Cup Final '08

SwampyMarc

Juniors
Yeah you maybe right. Johns pretty much won everything for Newcastle all by himself.They had no talented players at all. NOT! Idiot.

Comprehension not one of your better skills, hey? I didn't say Joey won everything for Newcastle. If you are capable, have a think about I wrote.

Lockyer played most (if not all) his club career surrounded by half the Qld origin squad - Joey didn't.

Lockyer was blessed to have the wonderful facilities at Red Hill vs the shithouse shambles that Joey had that wouldn't even be fit for a park footy side.

By no means am I discounting what Lockyer has achieved, but stop and think for a moment of what Joey achieved vs what Lockyer achieved with some of the above in mind.