What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer out

Fingerbang

Bench
My club won a premiership in 2008 (by a record margin against a club a million $ over the salary cap), WCC in 2009 and only missed out on minor premierships in 2007 and 2008 because they finished behind the cheating scum (in 2008 it was only a slight difference in F/A). On top of that, they played in the 2007 grand final and they are playing in a preliminary final this year so I'd say Manly's recent achievements are as good or better than those of the Dragqueens.
At the end of the day, we have a shot at a premiership this year, the Dragqueens just had another choke.
who f*cking cares? Put ya d!cks away boys, and play nicely.

TheDMC

Bench
well there goes our golden chance to win a premiership.

I really thought it was our year :(

It really is your fault for being such a turd on this forum. So powerful was your negative karma that its infected the team you support.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
If Brisbane get within 10 it will be a miracle beyong belief. It will be close for the first 10 mins!

Nice try Mr Saab, trying to put all the pressure on Manly and fly under the radar. I'm not fooled by your trickery, you still believe Brisbane can win and rightly so.

Lockyer is a massive loss (if he is actually out, I'll believe it when they run out on the field), however Brisbane are far from a one man team. They have a list of international and state players. Plus they have more momentum than anyone at the moment. This game will be tough and close whether he plays or not. Not to mention the 'lets do it for Locky' motivation, I've got no doubt they will all aim up more than they have all year.

Also, everyone seems to down play the loss of Glenn Stewart for us. He has been our best all year, and if it wasn't for suspension would have been every chance to take the Dally M this year. On top of That we are missing Jason King, (his replacement) Darcy Lussick, and David Williams.

firechild

First Grade
If Broncos don't win it this year.....I don't blame it on the Lockyer factor. I blame Broncos2010.....karma does have it's way of getting even, dude.

That's true. A Manly v Warriors grand final would be fantastic from that perspective alone. Not having the Scum or the Donkeys there would be a bonus.

redvwhite

Juniors
Also, everyone seems to down play the loss of Glenn Stewart for us. He has been our best all year, and if it wasn't for suspension would have been every chance to take the Dally M this year. On top of That we are missing Jason King, (his replacement) Darcy Lussick, and David Williams.

Oh no. Not Darcy Lussick!! You're no chance now.

Mr Saab

Referee
Nice try Mr Saab, trying to put all the pressure on Manly and fly under the radar. I'm not fooled by your trickery, you still believe Brisbane can win and rightly so.

Lockyer is a massive loss (if he is actually out, I'll believe it when they run out on the field), however Brisbane are far from a one man team. They have a list of international and state players. Plus they have more momentum than anyone at the moment. This game will be tough and close whether he plays or not. Not to mention the 'lets do it for Locky' motivation, I've got no doubt they will all aim up more than they have all year.

Bullshit. Brisbane are gone. Will be just like 2009 vs the Storm when they had Lockyer and Carroll in the halves.
This time it is Gillett and Wallace......ooooooooookay!

Hutty1986

Immortal
My club won a premiership in 2008 (by a record margin against a club a million $ over the salary cap), WCC in 2009 and only missed out on minor premierships in 2007 and 2008 because they finished behind the cheating scum (in 2008 it was only a slight difference in F/A). On top of that, they played in the 2007 grand final and they are playing in a preliminary final this year so I'd say Manly's recent achievements are as good or better than those of the Dragqueens.
At the end of the day, we have a shot at a premiership this year, the Dragqueens just had another choke.

Still so bitter, relax guy

Chill.jpg

redvwhite

Juniors
Not cheating but a little inept. Dragons didn't get a penalty for an hour. I counted Brocnos off side that many times....

Dragon

Coach
From a neutrals perspective this is a real shame, was shaping up to be one hell of a contest.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Oh no. Not Darcy Lussick!! You're no chance now.

Dipshit, did I not say he was King's replacement. Hence, we are down to our third string prop replacement. Also, Darcy Lussick was in top form before suspension, really stepped up in King's absence. His performances in first grade have shown more than enough to suggest he will have a good career, with the potential to make representative level.

But all that aside, I was mainly pointing out Glenn Stewart is a huge loss for us, and we also have 3 others who would likely be in our 17 out.

oval

Juniors
Look on the bright side Brisbane fans. At least this way if you lose you have a ready-made excuse, and if you win it'll taste that much sweeter.

And whoever said a Manly v Mebourne GF would be boring - where were you 3 and a half weeks ago?

Patorick

Staff member
Bronco's still have a great chance, I for one will not be writing them off without Lockyer. Assuming Rothfield is right.