What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer out

firechild

First Grade
We didn't lose it in regular time but to a wobbly field goal after we were pressed back by defence that didn't get back the ten. Have you considered that Dragons team would have flogged Knights by 50 and Titans by 100?

They still lost. They also lost the game before that. Could have, would have, should have. Noone cares about hypotheticals, the Dragons again failed to win a finals match. Not surprising, they've only won finals matches in 1 year that Bennett was coach.

swing_low

Juniors
I don't want another Manly vs Melb gf, it would be mind numbingly boring....I have nothing against the teams (well, Melb are dirty cheats) but it's been done twice before!
Come on Brissy!

If only the other clubs would get off their arse and catch up to the consistent high quality football these two clubs play....

carcharias

Immortal
We didn't lose it in regular time but to a wobbly field goal after we were pressed back by defence that didn't get back the ten. Have you considered that Dragons team would have flogged Knights by 50 and Titans by 100?

hahaha

...it's over.

it's all over baby.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
I wouldn't rule out the Broncos yet, they did very well during the Origin period when they didn't have their Origin players. Gillet is a gun player, Thaiday comes back and now the boys have added motivation to play with Lockyer one more time if they make it to the grandfinal. Manly could also take their foot off a little bit and perhaps enter the game thinking it's a sure win. This could work in the Broncos favour. Either way, I hope the Broncos win.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
That's the way the ball bounces.

Lockyer has had a career that most players can only dream of and good on him, he has been a great player and deserves every accolade. He has also been very lucky/fortunate injury wise.

Brisbane will struggle to win not because Manly are vastly superior or because Lockyer is a great player but because his absence will slay the broncos psychologically. When you're in the dressing room all ready to go and play and you see your captain and legend in a suit it has to effect you.

redvwhite

Juniors
Firechild, if your club had won one premiership and two minor premierships plus a world club challenge in the last 3 years you would have a right to dismiss another club.

But, TOO BAD!

WOAHH DRAGONS!!!

gUt

Coach
Most people only mention how it's Lockyer's mere presence that is his main weapon on the field. They forget his kicking for field position, and his kicking game in general. That's the main thing we will miss.

adamkungl

Immortal

lol the Knights beat the Dragons a couple of months ago...

Hutty1986

Immortal
They still lost. They also lost the game before that. Could have, would have, should have. Noone cares about hypotheticals, the Dragons again failed to win a finals match. Not surprising, they've only won finals matches in 1 year that Bennett was coach.

:lol: Oh, firechild

Sleep

Juniors
It was always going to be near impossible for him to play. Wallace will have to play the game of his life for Brisbane to get through to the GF. Not saying it can't happen, just that it probably won't.

redvwhite

Juniors
Broncos2010

Lockyer's best qualities that he brings right now are his composure but he is a shadow of him old self. Nobody gave Warriors a chance verse a hot Tigers team but they came out there and competed, and stayed in it and got a win. If Broncos turn up with belief (and I think they will) that they can win it well it is anyone's game. And then you have Darren back and it is looking like the Broncos year again. Good luck.

firechild

First Grade
Firechild, if your club had won one premiership and two minor premierships plus a world club challenge in the last 3 years you would have a right to dismiss another club.

But, TOO BAD!

WOAHH DRAGONS!!!

My club won a premiership in 2008 (by a record margin against a club a million $ over the salary cap), WCC in 2009 and only missed out on minor premierships in 2007 and 2008 because they finished behind the cheating scum (in 2008 it was only a slight difference in F/A). On top of that, they played in the 2007 grand final and they are playing in a preliminary final this year so I'd say Manly's recent achievements are as good or better than those of the Dragqueens.
At the end of the day, we have a shot at a premiership this year, the Dragqueens just had another choke.

Fingerbang

Bench
If Broncos don't win it this year.....I don't blame it on the Lockyer factor. I blame Broncos2010.....karma does have it's way of getting even, dude.