What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer out

blaza88z

Coach
we never have luck in the finals

beaten by the Storm that year when we had them on the canvas and then Sims drops the ball, they score moments later in the dying seconds

2 years ago, Wallace goes down and we get flogged the next week by Melbourne

now this..

I just hope the boys compete well, who knows what will happen if we make them really earn their points.

Gmac

Juniors
I was more confident of manly winng when i knew he WAS playing!

Now we have to play a fired up broncos side determined to win at all costs for locky. Anyone thinking Manly will get home in a canter is dreaming. Gillet at 5/8 really stiffens up their defence.

It will be wallace Bombs for Yow Yeh Copley and Beale all night id say.

austyphoon

Juniors
Lockyer is a massive loss (if he is actually out, I'll believe it when they run out on the field), however Brisbane are far from a one man team. They have a list of international and state players. Plus they have more momentum than anyone at the moment. This game will be tough and close whether he plays or not. Not to mention the 'lets do it for Locky' motivation, I've got no doubt they will all aim up more than they have all year.

Also, everyone seems to down play the loss of Glenn Stewart for us. He has been our best all year, and if it wasn't for suspension would have been every chance to take the Dally M this year. On top of That we are missing Jason King, (his replacement) Darcy Lussick, and David Williams.

It's not so much the player being out (even though Lockyer has a MASSIVE influence) it's the timing.

Bronco's could overcome his lose but only over time. A couple of weeks of gelling, setting plays etc. would be ideal. They have three days to rearrange their side and when a GF spot looms it's the last thing a team needs.

While no one doubts G. Stewart is a big loss, Manly has had a couple of matches to sort out combinations and plays. That's the difference.

Either way, it shouldn't be an excuse. If they miss tackles and drop balls there is nother Lockyer could do to stop that anyway and it may even make the Bronco's less predictable without him. That Lockyer/Thaiday combo is over-played way too much I think!

Good luck Manly and let the better team win! :)

Fingerbang

Bench
Broncos should just forfeit now....and then the NRL should rule that the team they knocked out last weekend will now challenge Manly in the gf qualie.

00digger00

Juniors
we never have luck in the finals

beaten by the Storm that year when we had them on the canvas and then Sims drops the ball, they score moments later in the dying seconds

I will never forgive Sims for that. Everytime I see him carry a ball up my fists starting punching the air!

Mr Fourex

Bench
Well that's certainly disappointing.

Yes......very disappointing. Part of me still doesn't quite believe. Wait til game day.

Still, I'm not as quick to write them off as others are. I think Lockyer's influence on the team this year hasn't been any where near as dominating as in the past.

If Wallace's kicking game is in order (the little ranga REALLY needs to step up now) and we get back to defending as aggressively as we were in the earlier stages of the season.......we're right in this.

It will still be a cracker of a game.

Last edited:

Patorick

Staff member
It's not so much the player being out (even though Lockyer has a MASSIVE influence) it's the timing.

Bronco's could overcome his lose but only over time. A couple of weeks of gelling, setting plays etc. would be ideal. They have three days to rearrange their side and when a GF spot looms it's the last thing a team needs.

While no one doubts G. Stewart is a big loss, Manly has had a couple of matches to sort out combinations and plays. That's the difference.

Either way, it shouldn't be an excuse. If they miss tackles and drop balls there is nother Lockyer could do to stop that anyway and it may even make the Bronco's less predictable without him. That Lockyer/Thaiday combo is over-played way too much I think!

Good luck Manly and let the better team win! :)
Well said.

Disco

Bench
Im a Manly fan but this is sad news, the guys was a legend and didnt deserve to go out this way.

He deserved to go out with his head held high after losing to the Mighty Sea Eagles!

Manly better be careful, Broncos are not to be underestimated, still a very dangerous outfit

redvwhite

Juniors
Will be a close game regardless of him playing or not. Yow Yeh to score at the death for a Broncos 22-18 victory.

Shorty

Staff member
I will never forgive Sims for that. Everytime I see him carry a ball up my fists starting punching the air!
I don't like the Broncs (everyone knows that) but that game...I was there....what a way to exit...hard to get over that.

And yes, I did what the game 3 weeks ago, apart from the fight it was boring as are all the Manly vs Melb contests...I find them boring, if you're a fan...honestly why comment you're going to have bias and that's fine but as a neutral...I'm over it.

redvscotty

First Grade
I don't like the Broncs (everyone knows that) but that game...I was there....what a way to exit...hard to get over that.

And yes, I did what the game 3 weeks ago, apart from the fight it was boring as are all the Manly vs Melb contests...I find them boring, if you're a fan...honestly why comment you're going to have bias and that's fine but as a neutral...I'm over it.

I donj;t know if I'd even watch Manly vs Melbourne. i couldnt think of anything worse to be honest.

More luck for manly. They still wont win though.

And I don't think Gillett will be playing much 5/8, pretty sure Ben hunt will play alot in the halves this match. Beale better be fired up and ready to repay the broncos.

Latest posts