What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOL@Dragons

Life's Good

Coach
I think 9th is about right for the dragons. I look at their squad and it's very middle of the road. To me next year they'll be much better. Neither Dugan or Packer are much of a loss whilst Hunt and Graham are great signings. I'll be pretty shocked if they miss the 8 next year.

I don't know why but I find Mary has a real unfounded arrogance. When the dragons win his press conferences are extremely smug and he seems to take all the credit himself, then when they lose he put it on the players and brings out every excuse in the book. The 'they scored 3 tries off kicks, we only lost by 12 so really we should have won' has been used multiple times and is just pathetic. I remember last year when they lost to the Tigers and he started saying that the clubs in great shape as they won the Harold Matthews due to the juniour development he put into place or some shit.

For the club to move forward they need to get rid of him. With a real good coach I think they're team isn't far away from being a proper title threat.

Can you forward this to our board.
Merkin looks like he is combing his hair.

Last edited:

dannyt

Coach
But it's funny.

I enjoy some Schadenfreude as much as the next person.

It just seems to me that you guys wish misfortune on St George more than you wish to experience success with your own club. In other words, if you go out in a screaming heap in week 1 of the finals, the world is right because St George didn't make the semis.

In terms of it being funny. Well, I can't disagree with you. Mary has given us nothing but a laugh-a-minute at his sheer incompetence.

grouch

First Grade
Dude, they don't even have to wish. We do it to ourselves. We've played one finals game - and lost it - in 6 years.. and not only is the coach not being sacked - he's not even under pressure! Our apparent halfback saviour for next year is a bench hooker who's admitted to being too mentally weak to take field goal shots. Get used to the opposition schaudenfreude

carcharias

Immortal
giphy.gif

dannyt

Coach
Dude, they don't even have to wish. We do it to ourselves. We've played one finals game - and lost it - in 6 years.. and not only is the coach not being sacked - he's not even under pressure! Our apparent halfback saviour for next year is a bench hooker who's admitted to being too mentally weak to take field goal shots. Get used to the opposition schaudenfreude
Missed my point.

Some supporters are happier if St George fail compared to their own club's success.

As far as "opposition schadenfreude" is concerned- that doesn't bother me. I have been supporting St George since 1975.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Imagine if Mary had shown an ounce of that passion at any point prior to the second half of our last game. That is his biggest problem. He doesn't get mad, doesn't demand performance from his players, because he is too in love with his own reflection, and always thinks he has it all under control. As a result, he accepts mediocrity, unless his own balls are on the line, as we saw in 2015 and again this year.

davi

Juniors
Gus Gould insists for the Dragons the future is bright despite the loss he suggests the obvious the missing piece is a halfback. I think Ben Hunt can still be a good fit for the Dragons despite his struggles this year at 7, it just feels when he partners Milford in the halves there are too many cooks that spoil the broth. He will have a lot more leverage to take the reins with the Dragons who crying out for a playmaker.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/09/04/...-brighter-days-ahead-for-dragons-and-bulldogs

Pedge1971

First Grade
Gus Gould insists for the Dragons the future is bright despite the loss he suggests the obvious the missing piece is a halfback. I think Ben Hunt can still be a good fit for the Dragons despite his struggles this year at 7, it just feels when he partners Milford in the halves there are too many cooks that spoil the broth. He will have a lot more leverage to take the reins with the Dragons who crying out for a playmaker.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/09/04/...-brighter-days-ahead-for-dragons-and-bulldogs

Gus is also Mr 5 Year Plan and then a premiership and we all know how that looks now.

Latest posts