What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking back at ancient controversies

Fangs

Coach
Price should have been sent for starting the trouble by kneeing White in the head at the PTB. Gutless by Price and the ref.

More gutless was the attempted maiming of Kurt Gidley off the penalty restart. Very thuggish from QLD but this is fairly banal behavior from them.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Fix Again: Roosters vs Canberra Granny - .....How the f**k Ben Cummins stayed employed after that six again signal (then pretends like he didn't do it, shameless merkin) proves he must have some compromising material on someone high up at the NRL. He's lucky Simple Jack didn't straight up deck him, because I would have. I doubt it decided the GF because Canberra looked more or less out of their depth for the majority of it against an out of sorts Sombreros, but that late game moment was the old Politis chequebook in action.
Cummins obviously thought Tedesco touched it but was overruled. The call should have stood, in accordance with the Laws of the Game. Raiders could then have set up for a one pointer on the new set.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
I don't know why people get so upset about a correct decision. Ok the ref changed his mind but not to a wrong decision. If it were the other way around it would barely get a mention.

Section 16.9 of the Laws of Rugby League

The Referee judges on matters of fact and shall not subsequently alter those judgments. He may cancel any decision made if prior foul play of which he had no knowledge is reported to him by a Touch Judge.

Canard

Immortal
Amazing that NSW have never done anything even remotely approaching foul play in 43 years of Origin.

Valheru

Coach
Section 16.9 of the Laws of Rugby League

The Referee judges on matters of fact and shall not subsequently alter those judgments. He may cancel any decision made if prior foul play of which he had no knowledge is reported to him by a Touch Judge.
I've addressed that

Having said that I've seen on countless occasions a ref call knock on and then get told by the touchy it was a strip and change the decision.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Taylan “It’s not fair for the fans” May probably beats that
Hardly. Year old off field incident compared to a serial head kicker. Put down the pipe.

Karma got Taylan x 1000 anyway. Injury cost him 2 premierships and a full season.

84 Baby

Referee
Hardly. Year old off field incident compared to a serial head kicker. Put down the pipe.

Karma got Taylan x 1000 anyway. Injury cost him 2 premierships and a full season.
Stop chewing the crystals. I wasn’t particularly blaming May. He was just the beneficiary of the controversy.

soc123_au

Staff member
Stop chewing the crystals. I wasn’t particularly blaming May. He was just the beneficiary of the controversy.
Yeah, I didn't think you were blaming him personally, that's more Rhynob level.

The Judicary were the dickheads in both cases, just I think they were more dickheadish in Slaters case. What May did was pretty low key in the scheme of things. What should have happened is he cops 2 weeks or whatever when it came to light for bringing the game into disrepute, then any extra if warranted after court has finished.

IIRC he would have been back to take part in the fisting of your mob GF day if he had of served the suspension when it was handed down, so not a beneficiary at all the way it panned out. (Not that anyone could have forseen that)

Latest posts