What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote Tuqiri signs with Wests Tigers

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Lote will be the slowest, most cumbersome fullback in the NRL next year. Cayless is a great signing but Tuqiri at fullback will be a disaster IMO. Too big, too old and too slow, especially in defence.

I will bookmark this for future reference.

The Colonel

Immortal
Heighingont to Canberra now a certainty? ;-)

Lote will be the slowest, most cumbersome fullback in the NRL next year. Cayless is a great signing but Tuqiri at fullback will be a disaster IMO. Too big, too old and too slow, especially in defence.

Cayless will be a great signing provided there aren't any concerns with his shoulder injury - almost two years lost with knee and shoulder injuries still leaves a question mark.

Lima, should he sign, will be a key signing.

retch

Juniors
iqvgi9.jpg

Paullyboy

Coach
Re-read the article Retch, he cant sign anything otherwise the NRL would not let him play union in the off-season.

Having said that Tuqiri has proven without any doubt that his only interest is money and therefore he's just as likely to renig no matter how concrete their informal deal may be.

retch

Juniors
Re-read the article Retch, he cant sign anything otherwise the NRL would not let him play union in the off-season.

Having said that Tuqiri has proven without any doubt that his only interest is money and therefore he's just as likely to renig no matter how concrete their informal deal may be.

Just posting his view mate.

nyx

Juniors
So whats your understanding?

Can every players contract be offset by $150K per year then for 3rd party agreements?
I had the same understanding as you. That it is $150,000 per yr across the whole squad.

It would be good if the people saying that's incorrect would back it up with some information.

I will bookmark this for future reference.

Please bookmark my post too.

Tuqiri's impact on the NRL will be similar to Mat Rogers since his return. This will prove to be one of the most overhyped signings in Rugby League history.

This scum bag can't cut it in League anymore.

Boxa, i'm not surprised you saw him suckin in the big ones while runnin up a little hill. He doesn't have what it takes anymore, and he was never that good to begin with.

hybrid_tiger

Coach

Tuqiri's impact on the NRL will be similar to Mat Rogers since his return. This will prove to be one of the most overhyped signings in Rugby League history.

Boxa, i'm not surprised you saw him suckin in the big ones while runnin up a little hill. He doesn't have what it takes anymore, and he was never that good to begin with.

I won't bother bookmarking your posts as your opinions are usually very idiotic, mindless and stupid.

^But you're just a hater though. My opinions, while sometimes being bold (Kiwis to win the WC last year etc), are mostly bang on and need to be voiced. Haters such as yourself don't want to accept them though.

Tuqiri's signing will be an anti-climax. Someone else mark my words since Hybrid wants to be a bitch about it.

user_nat

Coach
I had the same understanding as you. That it is $150,000 per yr across the whole squad.

It would be good if the people saying that's incorrect would back it up with some information.
Whilst I have no actual proof, I do recall seeing an article in the paper about the value of the Queensland Origin team. In this article they had list of the players salary + 3rd party + rep payments. Both Brisbane and Melbournes (not many other teams had that many players) players easily added up to far more than 150k.

Guvner

First Grade

Same. With Marshall and Farah in the squad there is no way the whole $150k goes to Lote.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
^But you're just a hater though. My opinions, while sometimes being bold (Kiwis to win the WC last year etc), are mostly bang on and need to be voiced. Haters such as yourself don't want to accept them though.

Tuqiri's signing will be an anti-climax. Someone else mark my words since Hybrid wants to be a bitch about it.

Yeah, just like your thoughts that Brett Hodgson and Robbie Farah are crap players, and Scott Prince isn't any good either.

You're just an idiot.

Billythekid

First Grade
400K is what you pay for the absolute best players. We haven't seen Lote play league for a few years and when he did play he was only a winger. That is a crazy signing.

Bench

I thought Rogers has played quite well for the Coast,and Wendall has surprised me too,so don't be too quick to judge.
Although I am not doing cartwheels like some fans,I do know he will be huge for sponsorship and merchandising,so it is an investment from Humphry's,who is a very smart buisiness man,so I will side with him for the time being.

T

Juniors
STATEMENT ON LOTE TUQIRI

Thursday, 29 October 2009
Wests Tigers wishes to release a statement in relation to the ongoing media speculation regarding Lote Tuqiri.
Whilst the club understands the wide public interest in Lote Tuqiri’s playing future, recent media reports suggesting Lote has secured a deal with Wests Tigers are purely speculative.
“We absolutely refute the suggestion today that Wests Tigers have agreed to terms with Lote Tuqiri,’’ said Wests Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys.
“As I have stated publicly before, we are in discussions with Lote Tuqiri.
“We do expect him to make his intentions clear about his playing future shortly and whilst we are hopeful of securing his services, I must re-iterate at this point in time, we have neither verbally agreed to terms nor signed any agreement.
“We have been consulting with the NRL and support their stance in not allowing players to have guest stints with rival codes. We understand the rules and will comply with them at all times.
“Should Lote decide to pursue a path other than the NRL, he would do so without any guarantee of a future position at Wests Tigers.”

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=21035&statement-on-lote-tuqiri

super_coach

First Grade
STATEMENT ON LOTE TUQIRI

Thursday, 29 October 2009
Wests Tigers wishes to release a statement in relation to the ongoing media speculation regarding Lote Tuqiri.
Whilst the club understands the wide public interest in Lote Tuqiri’s playing future, recent media reports suggesting Lote has secured a deal with Wests Tigers are purely speculative.
“We absolutely refute the suggestion today that Wests Tigers have agreed to terms with Lote Tuqiri,’’ said Wests Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys.
“As I have stated publicly before, we are in discussions with Lote Tuqiri.
“We do expect him to make his intentions clear about his playing future shortly and whilst we are hopeful of securing his services, I must re-iterate at this point in time, we have neither verbally agreed to terms nor signed any agreement.
“We have been consulting with the NRL and support their stance in not allowing players to have guest stints with rival codes. We understand the rules and will comply with them at all times.
“Should Lote decide to pursue a path other than the NRL, he would do so without any guarantee of a future position at Wests Tigers.”

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=21035&statement-on-lote-tuqiri
So Basically what "son of big kev" is saying--we have signed him but cant say anything to his off season rugby stint is over!!

Johns Magic

Referee
1. Taumata
2. Tuiaki
3. Lawrence
4. Tuqiri
5. Ryan(/whoever)
6. Benji
7. Moltzen

Surely that would be their best backline?

charlie frith

Juniors
What a waste of money for an old winger. Why not bring back Larry Corowa instead. At least Larry loves his league and Tigers. Save your dough and make a play for Thurston next year. He's young, will win you a comp and bring in plenty of fans and sponsorship. Lote, he's got nothing - hasbeen looking for some easy money and he sure seems to be able to find himself in plenty of trouble on the drink.