What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote

Bench
100% Agreed. Could not have been said better.

Its dragging on too long, I say we up the offer for Lima and Strengthen our forwards. Farah is already damaging - imagine what he could do behind Lima, Galloway and Cayless. People would fear our forwards.

Forget about Lote...
I am all for that,I would take Lima over Tuqiri if it was a choice,we can cover fullback and wing with what we have.
And we will be winning next year unless Sheens has a shocker and that will attract the people and the dollars,we could get a marquee signing for 2011 that is a current NRL player and on top of their game.

stompin

Juniors
Mullaney will be better suited to fullback than Tuqiri and I am all for him to be playing in the top grade from round 1.

Lockyer and Hunt were both playing fullback for the broncos at 17. Mullaney is 18 and has the class, just like Hodgo to be a threat.

And he is a quality goal kicker..

nomarg

The NRL have said they won't register a contract that allows a player to play union within the timeframe he has signed for - same as with Benji.

No- comp different. Benji was allowed to come back to the NRL- just not with the wests tigers, as he was already our player.

The lote deal has been approved ( acc to humpherys) if he signs he wont be Tigers player until round 10- so it would be impossible and stupid tp stop him

DanOz

Juniors
No- comp different. Benji was allowed to come back to the NRL- just not with the wests tigers, as he was already our player.

The lote deal has been approved ( acc to humpherys) if he signs he wont be Tigers player until round 10- so it would be impossible and stupid tp stop him

Sounds like it is exactly the same as Benji's situation then, they were discussing it on Talkin Sport program last week - if Tuqiri wants to play rugby before his Tigers contract, he can do as he pleases, but he also wanted to play during the off seasons while still contracted which the NRL wont allow. Benji wanted a Tigers contract signed assuring his return to NRL and Gallop said he would not register it until after he had finished playing rugby.

N.C.

Juniors
No, Gallop called the Benji deal a sham. But he doesn't call Tuqiri's deal a sham... It is a classic double standard.

nomarg

Gallop was against the Benji idea because he was already contracted to the NRL-

Legally- Gallop doesn't have a leg to stand on against Lote as the tigers will make his contract start mid season. Before then he will not be an employee of the wests tigers or NRL- and he can tell Gallop to piss off

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26184939-2722,00.html

Tuqiri, sacked by the Australian Rugby Union in August, has offers on the table from the European and Japanese rugby unions but the Tigers believe they can convince him to return to theNRL. To facilitate the deal, it is believed Tuqiri will spend the off-season playing rugby union overseas before returning to the NRL, possibly for the next three seasons.

I heard today that Lote is being chased by the Western Sydney AFL team.. Not too sure how good he will go there, but I'm sure the money will be more than what he will get in NRL.

nomarg

I heard today that Lote is being chased by the Western Sydney AFL team.. Not too sure how good he will go there, but I'm sure the money will be more than what he will get in NRL.

Couln't be more than he would get from Union...esp in europe.

He is not at all suited to AFL- it would make the game more of a joke if he went.

Couln't be more than he would get from Union...esp in europe.

He is not at all suited to AFL- it would make the game more of a joke if he went.

I know he's not suited, you know he's not suited, he knows he's not suited, but do they know he's not suited???

He's not really suited to fullback either thought....is he??

MacDougall

First Grade
The AFL thing is the laziest rumour ever. It was started like this.

Lotes twitter says: Can't believe some AFL buffoon is doing this instead of that.

Tigers forumers says: Heh almost sounds like he cares about AFL more than League.

Idiot says: OMG HE GUN GO TO AFLZ NOW TOO OMG

Lotes twitter says: Can't believe some AFL buffoon is doing this instead of that.

Tigers forumers says: Heh almost sounds like he cares about AFL more than League.

It was actually on 2GB or some other AM radio show yesterday.... Dont know how it started...but anyway... Something to talk about i guess...

nomarg

I know he's not suited, you know he's not suited, he knows he's not suited, but do they know he's not suited???

He's not really suited to fullback either thought....is he??

:lol::lol:

Would be interesting to see how he goes a fback.....I'd like to see benji there.... could be better than hayne IMO- but hey if it's not broken don't fix it. 6 is fine for me....

nomarg

Lote has made his mind up- should be announced shortly-

Acc to his twitter

running around like a madman!! Very busy today.. Dotting i's and crossing t's..

N.C.

Juniors

Oh jeeez that seemed funny when I first read it...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lote has made his mind up- should be announced shortly-

Acc to his twitter

running around like a madman!! Very busy today.. Dotting i's and crossing t's..
Heard all that last week, I'll believe it when I see it.

And by God I hope I don't end up believing it.

DanOz

Juniors
The longer this goes, the more mercenary it makes him seem to me, the less I hope Tigers sign him...

nomarg

The longer this goes, the more mercenary it makes him seem to me, the less I hope Tigers sign him...

I think he is just sorting the union contract before a league one...With all the players brisbane have off loaded its a wonder they haven't gone after him...

I think we will know Tomorrow