What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

jrtiger

Juniors
Well Luai, calls out shit on Insta all the time

Yet hasn't disputed the figures once. Not even the $6m one.... Only said he hasn't actually signed
mate you're making this more difficult than it has to be.

Chammas = Penrith. end of story.

Hooked

Juniors
completely agree re the first bit. leaks are part of the rugby league circus. it's good fun.

all I am saying is that I find it hard to believe that Chammas was not informed by Penrith sources that Luai had told his teammates he was leaving Penrith, given he has been breaking the news regarding nearly every development in this saga from day 1. Luai gave Richo verbal confirmation last Friday night, nothing leaked there. it was after training.

while I agree that BME have been to blame for a lot of leaks, I actually believe they have a closer affinity with News Ltd. think about the article last week about the Dogs "being in front". what about the day the Chammas article broke and Brent Read said "it's not over yet, the Dogs have still been told they have a hope." Manager Dribble 101.

Penrith have no reason to leak to a journalist that a player is leaving the club. Especially while the player is training. It would be stupid timing.

How do you know the journalist wasn't told by his management to hold the story till after Luai told his teammates?
Chammas and Luai play video games together. He would have known Luai was getting close to making a decision.
Things don't stay secret in rugby league to long.

Brent Read has been writing stories about Luai everywhere. Tigers, Dogs and Dragons. His agenda has been Luai out of Penrith.

Look at what has happened since the story broke. Rumours of an early release. He hasn't even signed a contract with a rival yet!
The only ones that benefits is Black Money.

mxlegend99

Referee
completely agree re the first bit. leaks are part of the rugby league circus. it's good fun.

all I am saying is that I find it hard to believe that Chammas was not informed by Penrith sources that Luai had told his teammates he was leaving Penrith, given he has been breaking the news regarding nearly every development in this saga from day 1. Luai gave Richo verbal confirmation last Friday night, nothing leaked there. it was after training.

while I agree that BME have been to blame for a lot of leaks, I actually believe they have a closer affinity with News Ltd. think about the article last week about the Dogs "being in front". what about the day the Chammas article broke and Brent Read said "it's not over yet, the Dogs have still been told they have a hope." Manager Dribble 101.
Put your Panthers hate aside for a second and ask yourself how does leaking anything actually help Penrith? Because there’s no logic where it does.

Everyone knew if Luai left it would be for money. No need for damage control in that regard. Our salary cap has been at its limit for 4 years now. Its not new information. Its not surprising.

This information being spread looks to be in an attempt to destabilise Penrith and/or angle for an early release for Luai. How does that benefit Penrith? Not a single story has been pro Penrith.

The only parties with anything to gain by what is in the media are the Tigers if they want him early (they might not), Luai if he wants to leave early (which he might not) and most important his management… who want to be paid now. No ifs or buts… his management want him on a new contract immediately.

Girds89

Bench
The players wouldn’t give two shits about whats going on with team mates contracts. 99% of the time it doesn’t get spoken about.

The only people it really effects are fans who listen to the media or the rumour mill

Really?

Tago and may and turuva might care a bit id say....

Cause it directly affects there future at the club.... and probably half a dozen other juniors.

We keep luai on that coin those guys know we probs arent in a position to keep them or theres not money to upgrade the base level contracts they were on before they kicked off in grade and started killing it..

In the back of their mind it might be hard to be as focussed and committed if they already know they wont be here if luai was to stay on large coin.

Black Magik

Juniors
but we don't play petty games.”

Of course the other option may be, Penrith are actively trying to disrupt or destroy current negotiations, with who ever he has decided to go with?

You do have form, for this:

1. Your club actively engaged in encouraging the then WT’s coach to break his contract, while you were planning to sack your incumbent?

2. Ivan’s comments a month or so ago, that was designed to tell any club thinking about Luai, that he was not good enough, without Nathan at his side?

Anyway, what he decides, is what he decides.
Hopefully he is with WT’s in 25.
Merry Xmas.
Your question marks do my head in!

soc123_au

Staff member
I don't think your club wants to get rid of Luai at all, but they are certainly trying to control the narrative via strategic leaks, one of which was to Chammas the day Luai told the club he was leaving.

the quote that I paraphrased comes out every single time you blokes lose a marquee player. I'm in complete agreeance that it sucks that no clubs are compensated for development, I'm on your side there, but what I am saying is that Penrith have a PR process that they stick to every single time they lose a high profile player. to say that you guys don't play "petty games" is naive.
The only part I disagree with is the petty games part. I don't see it as petty, it's just fact.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Really?

Tago and may and turuva might care a bit id say....

Cause it directly affects there future at the club.... and probably half a dozen other juniors.

We keep luai on that coin those guys know we probs arent in a position to keep them or theres not money to upgrade the base level contracts they were on before they kicked off in grade and started killing it..

In the back of their mind it might be hard to be as focussed and committed if they already know they wont be here if luai was to stay on large coin.
Luai isn’t staying, he told his team mates that.

What is there to worry about.

Trust me, players don’t worry about that stuff, they are genuine when they say they leave that worry to their managers.

Whino

Bench
Put your Panthers hate aside for a second and ask yourself how does leaking anything actually help Penrith? Because there’s no logic where it does.

Everyone knew if Luai left it would be for money. No need for damage control in that regard. Our salary cap has been at its limit for 4 years now. Its not new information. Its not surprising.

This information being spread looks to be in an attempt to destabilise Penrith and/or angle for an early release for Luai. How does that benefit Penrith? Not a single story has been pro Penrith.

The only parties with anything to gain by what is in the media are the Tigers if they want him early (they might not), Luai if he wants to leave early (which he might not) and most important his management… who want to be paid now. No ifs or buts… his management want him on a new contract immediately.

Nailed it. All facts too.

jrtiger

Juniors

I have no hate for Penrith. my grudge against Ivan died with his first premiership. you lay claim to the best club football team I have ever seen. I'm simply pointing out that Michael Chammas has been used as a vehicle by Penrith for years to twist the narrative in whichever way they please.

absolutely the primary driving force behind Luai leaving is money, but it is not the only force. Ivan's comments were clearly ill received given his response on Instagram, no matter which way you try to look at it. he has loved being the dominant playmaker from time to time away from Nathan, whether it be for Samoa or while Nathan was injured.

Penrith's perogative is to ensure that those desires are swept under the rug, that's why Fletcher always goes on the front foot when you lose a player of importance. if not, why say anything?

Girds89

Bench
Luai isn’t staying, he told his team mates that.

What is there to worry about.

Trust me, players don’t worry about that stuff, they are genuine when they say they leave that worry to their managers.

Mate you can say what you like about players not listening to the media or the headlines and it not affecting them...

Its just not true. At the end of the day people are human. 99% of young players these days are all on social media and would get sent and or see the news.

Mitch pearce has spoken about it at length before..

Recently mitch marsh spoke about how it affected him...

In the back of nathans mind im sure he has a burning desire to "own" the origin area and prove his doubters wrong..

Players always come out and give the old line - i dont listen or read the news and media...

Yet down the track normally when they retire or they come out of a form slump etc they will acknowledge it had an affect on them.

Not saying the luai situation is crazily disabling for the club it isnt.

But im sure guys like may and turuva and geyer who are off contract are keen to see it sorted sooner rather than later. So they know the club has money to keep them, and they get to stsy at the club they love if they perform.

Im not blaming panthers for any of this... no doubt these leaks have been luais shit management.

But the sooner this is resolved the better...

If there is one thing or one knock on the club over what has been an all time elite period... its probably that theyve let these things drag on to long.

Api, kiks, critta, spencer, luai... dyl seemed to drag out... as did marto. I get these things take time and thst they are complex. But its probs one thing i think the club could handke better.

It wouldve been ideal to have the luai situation resolved well before preseason, so there was no distractions for him and the club. 110% focus on his rehab and the club preparing for the wcc and rd1.

Instead his not training or rehabing at least with the club atm.

Yes its not the biggest problem i know. But itd be nice to get it resolved asap for everyone involved.

jrtiger

Juniors
Penrith have no reason to leak to a journalist that a player is leaving the club. Especially while the player is training. It would be stupid timing.

How do you know the journalist wasn't told by his management to hold the story till after Luai told his teammates?
Chammas and Luai play video games together. He would have known Luai was getting close to making a decision.
Things don't stay secret in rugby league to long.

Brent Read has been writing stories about Luai everywhere. Tigers, Dogs and Dragons. His agenda has been Luai out of Penrith.

Look at what has happened since the story broke. Rumours of an early release. He hasn't even signed a contract with a rival yet!
The only ones that benefits is Black Money.
Chammas gets his info from Penrith. if he's close to Jarome like you say then chances are he would've rang around, but honestly, let's look at his history. if there's any story that your club wants out, Chammas is the one writing it.

Black Money, like all management labels, would absolutely be doing the dirty somewhere. I agree with you 100%. but once again, Chammas' history tells a different story to the one you are trying to tell me. to say Penrith aren't complicit whatsoever doesn't make sense.