What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

St Hope

Juniors
SACK MARY
Big Luc goes and we sign two forwards over the hill , have a few others
who if you put them on the open market would struggle to get offers and
this is supposed to be progress.
Say what you want about Luc but at the very least he represents the future
and his best years are still to come.
At his age Big Artie had his share of critics and was known as half a game ,
pie eater and they are some of the nicer ones.
While I am not saying Luc will or could be as good as Artie at least he
has got that in front of him not behind him as with the others.
From me good luck Luc play a blinder against us and help us get rid of
the Great Pretender.

BLM01

First Grade
SACK MARY
the Great Pretender.
Dont see Luc's name in the emerging blues squad?!..as just about every other NRL young player is who is elligible and he is now 23....Why would that be?.

randomdragon

Juniors
Funny that... maybe it’s because he’s not a future blue and he’s a Samoan international?...
Dont see Luc's name in the emerging blues squad?!..as just about every other NRL young player is who is elligible and he is now 23....Why would that be?.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Funny that... maybe it’s because he’s not a future blue and he’s a Samoan international?...
Nope.. It’s just a conspiracy against the Dragons.. (the side was picked before lucky defected to the tigers)

The selectors just don’t like us..

I mean, what else could Widdop have done to have scored the NSW #6 jersey?

St Hope

Juniors
I didn't join these forums to get into any diatribe of players my only goal is to get rid of the a
problem that has plagued the club for too many years the COACH and when that happens
we will see if the players we have can play until then "SACK MARY"

BLM01

First Grade
Funny That Too..Nothing to do with it. . Kotoni Staggs - Tonga
What is funny is that only representing England & NZ you are not considered elligble or defect from playing for Australia, NZ or England back to another country. e.g. Andrew Fifita.
Even Euan Aitken was considered once upon a time and he was a Scottish international.

BLM01

First Grade
I didn't join these forums to get into any diatribe of players my only goal is to get rid of the a
problem that has plagued the club for too many years the COACH and when that happens
we will see if the players we have can play until then "SACK MARY"

If you joined here to get rid of Mary and not have discussion re players....then....I dont think that is working out too well

getsmarty

Immortal
Luciano Leilua ready to take game to next level at Wests Tigers

Adrian Proszenko

$
:copyright: NRL Photos Luciano Leilua playing for Samoa in the World 9s in October.
Luciano Leilua is angling for a starting spot. One at his new team the Wests Tigers. If that all goes to plan, maybe even for the Blues.

"I want to play consistent footy each week and try to make my way up there to representative footy," Leilua told the Herald. "Just go from there. [State of Origin] has always [been a goal], but first I have to play well for the club and everything will work out.

"Definitely the next step is to play good footy and work towards that goal."

Leilua has left one joint-venture club for another. He was released from St George Illawarra to join the Tigers, a move that allowed Trent Merrin to return to the Red V. Ostensibly, he's a replacement for Ryan Matterson, another back-rower that released and found himself back at Parramatta.

For Leilua, the move has come at a good time. The Samoan international had made 43 NRL appearances since debuting for the Dragons in 2016, but felt he needed a change to get to the next level. It's only taken a handful of training sessions with his new Tigers teammates to convince him he's made the right decision.

"I'm excited to play here," he said. "A new coach and a new bunch of boys as well, I've fitted in really well, it's been an easy transition. Definitely, it was a good time for a change, I wasn't really feeling it over there.

"I'm really excited now and looking forward to putting my head down and working hard.

"Making this change, it's a great opportunity for me to try to get that starting spot.

"It's been healthy competition at training, everyone has been fighting hard, so it's been good."

Leilua gives the Tigers something different with the ball in hand. Like his brother, Raiders centre Joseph Leilua, the 23-year-old possesses the ball skills and unpredictability that Tigers coach Michael Maguire felt his side required to threaten opposition defences.

He won't have to wait long to show his former club what they are missing. He will return to WIN Stadium for the Tigers' opening-round clash against the Dragons.

"If I get the opportunity to play against them, that would be good," he said. "I'm not really focusing on them, we're focusing on working hard on pre-season, taking it day by day.

"I don't have to prove anything to anyone, just to myself. There will be a bit of banter, of course there will be. It will be a bit emotional but it will be good.

"Obviously it was my junior club but times change and you have to move on with life.

"I was a Dragons fan but I was also rooting for (former Dragons teammate) Benji (Marshall). Whenever Benji played, I went for Benji. It's going to be good to play with him again."

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/othe...game-to-next-level-at-wests-tigers/ar-BBXSZRp

The calm one

Juniors
SACK MARY
the Great Pretender.
He goes missing man. AWOL. Stay calm

hewi

Bench
Huge first up game for us, if he comes back to bite us we the fans will be screaming for blood.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I don't want to state the obvious but I will. Millward and Mary are seriously geniused. Why move on a junior that has been in development for several years when really, the bloke who should be tapped on the shoulder to accommodate Merrin is James Graham? He is all heart James, but well past it and apparently on considerable coin.
Graham has a player option, the only one tapping him on the shoulder is Graham himself, or maybe his wife.

BLM01

First Grade
Ah yes, "The chosen one" How are you kindred brother
Winding down for my own trip out to sanctuary for a few weeks. I will soon be a free spirit.
I hope your greenery is not affected by the bush fires and the animals and birds are still singing in harmony without fear. Peace be with you always.
If you see smoke..be calm...it's probably just another disgruntled Dragons supporter burning their 2020 membership offer........there is a few out there

nontime111

Juniors
Merrin will replace Luch in a jiffy, similar kind of exciting attack only with far far more experience cooler head and probably hits harder in D and I think will have a better offload also but good luck to LUCH!! still sad to see him go....but we have Blacker coming through and Kerr, Ford will break out as will Lawrie and Merrin will be pumped to re PROVE himself I think he just wasnt interested over there missed home by the sounds...

ps..O'Ofou will be better than Luch also, no panic

possm

Coach
Graham has a player option, the only one tapping him on the shoulder is Graham himself, or maybe his wife.
I'd say if De Belin is successful with his legal matters, Graham will retire medically unfit. This is the wrong way to go because SGI could pickup one more player - valued over 400k for 2020.

We seem to have good depth in the forwards with some bright young players coming through; Ford, Kerr, Lawrie and possibly Blacker.

Last edited:

boardlumps62

Juniors
If Graham is retired we could have kept Lachlan Timm but no one of our top performers in CC so I'm told.
Does anyone have the dirt on the problem he had with Dragons.

Latest posts