What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt

eloquentEEL

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
I thought it was smart coaching by Taylor, giving Burt a chance when he's gonna be here next year anyway, might as well give him a go.

i think it's more a case of... it's getting down to the last few rounds and we're still in a race. i want a fullback that has plenty of experience and can slot straight into the side (with the goalkicking being an added bonus). JT played alongside Burt in 2001 and they've both been part of the club ever since... he knew that Burt was the right man for the job in this case. will be interesting to see what happens when Wade and Tahu come back into the side though.

strider

Post Whore
burty did well - but there's no way he can retain a spot in the team when wade and tahu return .... i like burty - but wade is generally a better fullback

mind you burty was a handy 3rd general play kicker tonight

varion

Juniors
Burts goal kicking was exceptional.
Hes a great backup player in the backs for us, I'd go with Wade but if hes still not ready good to know Burt is ready.

Problem is now the lack of forwards....props in particular.

Perrymatta

Juniors
Burt was exceptional tonight, i wish we had the amount of depth in the forwards as we do in the backs.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Perrymatta said:
Burt was exceptional tonight, i wish we had the amount of depth in the forwards as we do in the backs.

:lol: the odds of reading that exact line on this forum at the start of this season would've been about 1000000000000000 to 1. :lol:

it's a :crazy: world

jesus christ burt was well in form. the best ive ever seen him. he should be the fullback 4 the rest of the season, it will definently give us a top 8 spot or very well a top 4 spot.

Perrymatta

Juniors
eloquentEEL said:
:lol: the odds of reading that exact line on this forum at the start of this season would've been about 1000000000000000 to 1. :lol:

it's a :crazy: world
Your so right:lol::lol:

varion

Juniors
Central_Coasters said:
jesus christ burt was well in form. the best ive ever seen him. he should be the fullback 4 the rest of the season, it will definently give us a top 8 spot or very well a top 4 spot.

Were still up against it to even make the top 8, Injuries and Judiciary are conspiring against us.

I have a bad feeling about missing Fui for the next few games/season. Next week against the Dragons will be the ultimate test and a step up in class again, win that one and start thinking top 8.

number8

Juniors
I'm very glad that Burt got another top grade opportunity tonight. And really glad they didn't another way!

lucablight

First Grade
Geez.........he was ok but he wasn't brilliant. His goalkicking was excellent but it's not like he terrorised the defence or anything like that. Also I've always thought he was an ok player.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
:D its good to be right! finally everyone is convinced... earlier this year there were so many Burt Bashing threads, even appreciation threads started by myself turned into burt bashing threads and yeah... what fickle fans us parra fans are... (im the same with piggy) GREAT GAME BURTY!!! his kicking in general play and his GK should have been enough to keep him in the side, but his general play was superb too.

Stagger eel

Staff member
he did the little things right and that's what mattered, he put his body on the line on several occasions and backed up when he needed too, he was fantastic considering the long lay off from first grade and what's just as good was Joel Reddy's performance in pl where he was absolutely brilliant, he was obviously pissed of that he didn't get a call up.

guys Nathan was at the pub last night and walked ok, he did sort of favour 1 leg but he wouldn't of been there if it was serious.

mighty eel

Juniors
delaney is sh*t leave burt and if tahu plays o'dwyer on the bench and if needed while the game is progressing put grothe in the forwards

Hellsy

Immortal
Well done Lukey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You certainly proved your worth again tonight, lets keep it up!!!

P.S. It was nice to see the pub erupt into a Burty chant when he came entered

Nikki

Coach
Hellsy said:
Well done Lukey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You certainly proved your worth again tonight, lets keep it up!!!

P.S. It was nice to see the pub erupt into a Burty chant when he came entered

Just to add on that Hels, It was awesome to see the whole Pub erupt as he walked in with his parents. Mum Burt came straight over to me and she was so proud of him and the response that he got that there were actually tears in her eyes (she almost set me off too :lol: ). She said that Luke actually treated last night like his first game. Was apparently as nervous too.